HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 12, 2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-TOWERS View Post
Wow The Football Ny Giants Could Use That Stadium, The Best Yet , But It Needs To Be In The Worlds Greatest Metro Area The Big Apple That Is , Butt Thumbs Up For The Big D , Beautiful Nicest Stadium Ever...........point Said
Umm, the Big D?! Too bad it's being built in a suburb. Poor Dallas has problems getting their professional teams to stay in their city...wait a minute...their COUNTY! Wonder where the mavs/stars will move when the AA Center is outdated. I'm sure it will be Frisco. Or maybe the sprawl will have reached the Oklahoma border by then! The Red River Mavericks and the Texahoma Stars!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2007, 12:19 AM
porteño

The stadium its amazing, congratulations!!!!

I invite you to choose the best stadium of Argentina in this thread:http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show....php?p=3051676

Please we need your votes.

(sorry my english its not well)

Argentina... no se explica ni se entiende, solo se siente

Old Posted Sep 14, 2007, 10:47 PM

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that I don't like the new Cowboys stadium. Looks like a giant space egg crashed into a small ocean of parking. Not my cup of tea. I like the nearby Rangers Ballpark better.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 4:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Glee View Post
I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that I don't like the new Cowboys stadium. Looks like a giant space egg crashed into a small ocean of parking. Not my cup of tea. I like the nearby Rangers Ballpark better.
God i hate that style, thats just the Fort Worth in you coming out. American Airlines Center and Ballpark in Arlington gave in to the "Old west" style, Jerry Jones will Never let the cowboys be seen in an "Old West" style stadium.

On the other side, Jerry Jones siad this stadium will be the largest ever made on planet earth, even bigger then that new crap bowl there building in New York (seriously New York...did you let a high school student design it?)

Here are pics from the pegasus.com's weeky progress update and a screen shot from the cowboys live web cam.

View from north east

View from north (Wal-Mart)

Web Cam

Now look at the size of that arch!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 8:30 PM
BANNED

O yes kiddos, its your weekly cowboy update, Made Possible by PegasusNews.com AND THE MIGHTY POWERS OF SCREEN ZOOM ON A MAC!!!

First, The Pegasus shots
North Shot from Wal-Mart

The Next is also from Pegasus but from the north east.

And finally, The Screen Shot of the live Web Cam

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:13 AM

You are an asshole.

The Luke in Indianapolis is a way nicer stadium in a genuine urban setting and the Colts' owner is not a big money asshole jerk like Jerry Jones.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
You are an asshole.

The Luke in Indianapolis is a way nicer stadium in a genuine urban setting and the Colts' owner is not a big money asshole jerk like Jerry Jones.
hmm, do i hear some hung over hatred do to the fact that our city beat your city out for the super bowl?

1. The Stadium would be in Dallas but Dallas Mayor at the time hates the idea of stadiums being built in downtown areas and doesn't like making the public pat for 1/3 the cost. Arlington was willing to put up the price at the time, it in a prime entertainment area, 1 block from The Ball Park in Arlington, 1/2 mile from six flags over texas, and they are developing the parking lots arund the ball park and new stadium into shops, entertainment and condos towers.
2. Jerry Jones is extravagant with his money. all stadiums have got to do new things, maybe not Luke, but all others do something new.
3. Why am i an ass hole for showing pride about the new stadium for my favorite team?
4. Lukas is cool, not into the old barn look (thats gonna take allot of bricks) so chill out.
New update on friday!

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 3:15 PM
BANNED

The ass hole has photo updates from Pegasus.com and Web cam

North

North East

Screen Shot

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 10:53 PM
BANNED

the south arch was toped off today. By the end of the week it will be completed and have all the trust attached that connect the arch to the roof beam holding the arch in place. After that, the 4 shoring towers supporting the arch will be removed and the arch will drop 5 feet into the abutments where they will sit till the stadium is eventually replaced and demolished 40 to 60 years from now.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
porteño

I invite you again to choose your favourite stadium in this thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=139413

Argentina... no se explica ni se entiende, solo se siente

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 1:56 PM

Photos taken Saturday, October 20, 2007

Old Posted Oct 21, 2007, 3:59 PM
BANNED

its beautifull

Old Posted Oct 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
Supertall Fan #1

Sure is...saw it yesterday for the second time since construction started. We were on 30 coming back from teh swap meet in FW.....sure is massive alright.

They just announced a 36 story hotel and another tower [don't remember seeing a height on it] in Arlington near the stadium. It will be interesting to see what kind of development surrounds this stadium....Texas Stadium is surrounded by an industrial area [whose idea was that?]. I never liked the old location, this is much better!

Course I would have loved to see this in Dallas, but noooo.....

Old Posted Nov 10, 2007, 4:08 AM
I'm going slightly mad.

Very impressive. That arched truss is one serious piece of engineering! So what happens if the Cowboys wind up playing in Super Bowl 45? Talk about home field advantage!

Forgive my ignorance, but this is not being built in Dallas? Where is it? (The only visit I've had to Dallas was the airport a few times.)

Old Posted Nov 11, 2007, 5:37 AM

it in arlington,next door to the rangers field.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2007, 6:52 AM

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/cowmain2.jpg
Cowboys Stadium
When the Dallas Cowboys leave Texas Stadium after the 2008 season they will be leaving many memories there, but the signature hole in the roof will go with them to their new stadium. For more than 30 years, the Cowboys have been playing at Texas Stadium, one of the most recognizable stadiums in football. However, just like every other team in the NFL, the Cowboys are constructing a new state of the art stadium in Arlington. Since the late 1990s team officials have been traveling the country, visiting the newest stadiums in order to develop the greatest stadium in the league. Designed by HKS Architects, Inc. the new home of the Cowboys will become one of the most recognizable stadiums in all of sports and open in August 2009. The stadium will feature distinct arches that span the length of the stadium, a retractable roof, that when open will create a hole like at Texas Stadium, and open endzone plazas. The open endzone plazas, the world's tallest at 120ft. high by 180ft. wide, will be made of glass and open in 18 minutes. Plaza's will be outside with three party decks.

As fans enter the stadium they will receive panorama views of the field as it will be 50ft. below street level. The stadium will have a main seating capacity of 80,000 but will be expandable to seat nearly 100,000 fans for large events such as the Super Bowl. On five levels will be 200 suites that will include the Hall of Fame level that will be just 20 rows from the playing field. There will be 15,000 club seats surrounding the field offering additional features that will not be found elsewhere in the stadium. Prior to the start of the game, the team will walk through the Field Level Sideline Club towards the field, giving fans a chance to see their favorite players. Fans with seats anywhere in the stadium will be able to see the massive video boards that will be suspended 110ft. above the center of the field. This four board videoboard will be 180ft. long by 50ft. high. Moving from Texas Stadium to the new stadium will be the Cowboys Ring of Honor. A Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame and Pro Shop will allow fans to learn the history of their favorite team and buy merchandise.

In order to pay for the stadium, in November 2004, Arlington voters approved a tax increase to help Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones build the $1 billion stadium in the North Texas city. Voters approved a measure that would raise the city sales tax by a half-cent, hotel occupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. Work at the stadium site, near the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers, began in May 2006 as workers began to excavate the site. On February 6, 2011, the new Cowboys Stadium will host the biggest game in any sport, Super Bowl XLV.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2007, 7:37 AM

The prices associated with this thing are staggering. Not just the price tag which will probably go over $1 billion when all is said and done, but the cost just to watch a game... in the lap of luxury. Personal seat licenses are being sold now for as much as $150,000... PER SEAT. That doesn't include the $3,400 cost for season tickets. The cheapest PSLs are $16,000. In other words, if you want to sit anywhere between the endzones on the bottom 3 levels of the 5 level stadium, you are going to have to fork over at least $16,000 just to reserve your seat.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.2bd58bf.html
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...129tickets.pdf

I have yet to see how much suites will go for.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 7:17 PM

Texas-OU should move their game there. I know the game coincides with State Fair but damn. Nice stadium and bout time too

Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 11:56 PM

Best pro stadium I've seen but I really wish it was in downtown Dallas! That would make it even better.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2008, 1:58 AM
Sonoma Strong

pro football stadiums should never be in a downtown setting, they are hardly used

baseball is another matter entirely tho

i like this design, is there anybody that could provide recent construction pix ?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development