HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisforpm View Post
Anyone care to guess the results on Tuesday? Polls have been all over the place.

I’m going with PC 30 NDP 25 LIB 2
How are pcs winning when ndp lead them 57 to 28 in Winnipeg ridings? I'll go ndp 36 pcs 20 libs 1

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
How fast will that go POOF when Wab gets in?
What if this money went "poof" to entice a new manufacturer to set up in the province? Does money go "poof" on infrastructure spending, or does it only go "poof" when spent on social services? As I recall, in the months leading up to the election, the PCs were "poofing" money in every direction.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
How are pcs winning when ndp lead them 57 to 28 in Winnipeg ridings? I'll go ndp 36 pcs 20 libs 1
Not that I want that result and I hope I’m wrong in my prediction. However, I feel like there might be some surprises on Tuesday night.

I’ve been hearing from a lot of friends and coworkers that they are either voting Liberal in protest, or not voting at all. They don’t like the two main parties. I think the Libs will over perform from where the polls have them and it will make a difference in a couple tight races.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Held my nose and voted Liberal, my simple protest vote!
Ditto.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 6:31 PM

I’ve never voted for the NDP in my life and don’t like Wab Kinew but the PC’s recent billboard regarding the landfill search is the last straw for me. I don’t agree with searching it, but I don’t agree with taking out a billboard and rubbing it in the faces of those who hope for it. It seems to be US republican style level of asshole behaviour.

I also love how the PCs have hidden away their incompetent health minister during this election period. She might be the most out of her depth politician I have witnessed in my life. I can’t have any faith in a government that puts her in charge of anything. Her interviews are the most cringeworthy, non answers I’ve ever heard. Obviously, the government considers her a liability and that’s why they haven’t let the media speak to her since before the election period, and yet she’s still our health minister and has been for 2 years. Can’t trust her to not embarrass herself in front of a reporter but you can trust her to run healthcare in this province, right.

Finally, I work in the court system and every “tough on crime” measure the PC’s have announced lately is either misleading or will be completely ineffective. That female police officer candidate with the cringeworthy ads is the cherry on top.

I can’t vote PC as I just can’t take another 4 years of this government. If the NDP win they may be just as bad the PCs. I don’t care, as least they might only be bad in other ways. Voting Liberal just ensure a greater chance the PCs return.

I’d rather have a new party of idiots over the current party of idiots that are also assholes.

Last edited by Johnny199r; Sep 30, 2023 at 8:35 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post

I’d rather have a new party of idiots over the current party of idiots that are also assholes.
This may be what decides the election. I'm sure even those of us who want to see the NDP replace the PC's don't buy their entire platform. Personally I doubt they can do half of what they say they want to do for healthcare, but right now I'd be happy to have a provincial government that actually supports the idea of a publicly funded healthcare system, rather than one who would be delighted just to watch it wither and die.

Same with their policies on homelessness and addiction; I'd rather see a party that actually seems to want to end homelessness, rather than one that would rather just stop seeing it.

As for the landfill search, interesting to see the Feds recent take on it (article below). They seem to be waiting to see if the NDP get in; if they do the province may get some financial support, if they don't I'm sure the potential offer will disappear.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ster-1.6983344

We'll find out next week.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I’ve never voted for the NDP in my life and don’t like Wab Kinew but the PC’s recent billboard regarding the landfill search is the last straw for me. I don’t agree with searching it, but I don’t agree with taking out a billboard and rubbing it in the faces of those who hope for it. It seems to be US republican style level of asshole behaviour.

I also love how the PCs have hidden away their incompetent health minister during this election period. She might be the most out of her depth politician I have witnessed in my life. I can’t have any faith in a government that puts her in charge of anything. Her interviews are the most cringeworthy, non answers I’ve ever heard. Obviously, the government considers her a liability and that’s why they haven’t let the media speak to her since before the election period, and yet she’s still our health minister and has been for 2 years. Can’t trust her to not embarrass herself in front of a reporter but you can trust her to run healthcare in this province, right.

Finally, I work in the court system and every “tough on crime” measure the PC’s have announced lately is either misleading or will be completely ineffective. That female police officer candidate with the cringeworthy ads is the cherry on top.

I can’t vote PC as I just can’t take another 4 years of this government. If the NDP win they may be just as bad the PCs. I don’t care, as least they might only be bad in other ways. Voting Liberal just ensure a greater chance the PCs return.

This is exactly how I feel.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 10:04 PM

Between the telephone and my email I have had 4 polls today about my voting choices.

If its the parties doing polling its a little late for them to change their game plan.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Between the telephone and my email I have had 4 polls today about my voting choices.

If its the parties doing polling its a little late for them to change their game plan.
It’s actually crazy how little polling has been done. The last one was from Sovereign North Strategies (never heard of them) and it was done Sep 17-19. It had the PC’s up by 3.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisforpm View Post
It’s actually crazy how little polling has been done. The last one was from Sovereign North Strategies (never heard of them) and it was done Sep 17-19. It had the PC’s up by 3.
It would. From what I can tell they're a right-wing consulting firm that manages political campaigns. They've been associated with the UCP campaign in Alberta.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9712886/a...-back-alberta/

I don't think their polling services really count as an impartial reflection of voter intentions.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 11:40 AM

NDP 32, PC 23, Lib 2

Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Winnipeg has a lot of seats. If the NDP support is all in a few seats they win by a landslide, then it’s certainly possible, assuming the polling numbers are even accurate.

I mean the likelihood appears to be Kinew is the next premier. I’m pretty indifferent. A minority government might be a nice change of pace.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2023, 3:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
obsession over the deficit boogeyman is so weird to me.
Don't worry the off putting to future generations will come back and bite us soon!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 7:59 PM

In spite of my dislike of Wab Kinew, I urge Manitobans to vote for the NDP. As a current Alberta resident, I am currently witnessing some of the most incompetent, uneducated and bizarre people (who happen to be COnservative), lead the province off a cliff. I've heard the same sort of thing is happening in Ontario.

Trust me, the Manitoba Conservatives have nothing to offer. Vote NDP, if only to prevent a Conservative Government from ruling another province for at least 4 more years.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Don't worry the off putting to future generations will come back and bite us soon!
I hear this all the time and I really have to emphasize what total horseshit this is. I'm no NDP enthusiast but a government should not be run like a household and anyone with more than a grade school knowledge of the economy understands this. Manitoba has a normal level of debt and this should really not be an important issue in this election.

Have you looked outside? Everyone can agree the place is falling apart and you're calling for...more austerity? Huh???

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 10:49 PM

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 10:49 PM

Old Posted Oct 2, 2023, 10:51 PM

don't have winnipeg regionals from mainstreet but research co shows ndp 55 pcs 29 in winnipeg so very similar to probe results from 10 days ago.

https://researchco.ca/wp-content/upl..._02Oct2023.pdf

Old Posted Oct 3, 2023, 1:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubiqtss View Post
I hear this all the time and I really have to emphasize what total horseshit this is. I'm no NDP enthusiast but a government should not be run like a household and anyone with more than a grade school knowledge of the economy understands this. Manitoba has a normal level of debt and this should really not be an important issue in this election.

Have you looked outside? Everyone can agree the place is falling apart and you're calling for...more austerity? Huh???
You probably don’t even pay taxes, but don’t worry, you’ll get to pay more in sales tax with Wobble when you buy your video games!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2023, 1:54 PM

Quote:
You probably don’t even pay taxes, but don’t worry, you’ll get to pay more in sales tax with Wobble when you buy your video games!
Why is every reply from you structured like its something I would read on a facebook debate between two elderly, out of touch geriatric patients?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan