HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 1:53 AM
Ex Houstonian

Cool Russellville, Americas most Hick Town

So I thought I would post a thread with some photos Ive taken where Im going to college at Arkansas Tech. This town is located in the centre of Arkansas and is about 85 miles away from Little Rock, the only significant urban centre in the state. Not all of these photos are of the urban environment since theres not much of one here so deal with it!

Russellville is located in a dry county so talk about nothing to do at all. I think the biggest thing this town has seen is the building of a new convention center and 4 star hotel which is incredible for this town. Maybe just maybe it will enliven it and get the crazy evangelical methheads out of the local government so this town can become more culturally significant, IE bars, and live music. Maybe then there will be something to do, but until that time I will have to keep driving to Little Rock to get some culture.

I have lived in many places; Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Beijing but somehow I ended up here but only a short or long two years left and then Im outta here. On to possible greener pastures... Chicago

Arkansas Nuclear One

The local cemetery last Halloween. I used a filter on this shot and adjusted my kelvin settings on my camera to allow for the blue hue to come through. Hey that rhimed!

The most action thats happened in this town since Bubba jackknifed his 18 wheeler into the local gas station; its sexy cow time, oh yeah!

The tornadoes that hit around February this year.

This is only about 10 minutes from where I live, its the only nice thing about living in this town. Some of the largest intact forests left in the lower 48 are located just north and south of this town. About 2.5 million acres all in all.

One of the oldest if not the oldest drug stores in the state

Now I realized that I said there was no live music but this is probably the only time there ever was any live music in town and it was a special event where they actually sold beer, I dont know how, but I bet they got in trouble for it.

Im going out right now to take some night shots of the actual town, the ones I have now of downtown are just snapshots, nothing too fancy.

Last edited by photoLith; Sep 24, 2008 at 2:22 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos