HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
Anyone know where they might locate if they do come to Saint John?
Probably East Point...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 11:32 AM

Anyone else get a Princess Auto flyer with their Telegraph Journal this morning?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2013, 9:53 PM

I had seen one with the paper at work today was wondering if it had came with it, very interesting, guess they really want to generate some buzz

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 1:30 PM

Heard today that Starbucks will be opening stores in Rothesay and on the west side. Also, I understand that all US Target stores have an "in house" Starbucks - wonder if ours will have one too?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Heard today that Starbucks will be opening stores in Rothesay and on the west side. Also, I understand that all US Target stores have an "in house" Starbucks - wonder if ours will have one too?
Yes, our Target will have a in-house Starbucks.

Regarding Starbucks in KV. They have been wanting to since they first opened their stores in the city. As shown here: http://www.eastpointshopping.ca/documents/starbucks.pdf

Haven't heard about West, but it only makes sense.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
Yes, our Target will have a in-house Starbucks.

Regarding Starbucks in KV. They have been wanting to since they first opened their stores in the city. As shown here: http://www.eastpointshopping.ca/documents/starbucks.pdf

Haven't heard about West, but it only makes sense.
The manager of the East Pointe store told me today that the Rothesay store is a go but the west side is still uncertain - the Target location will not be a corporate store but will be run by Target - like a lot of airport locations.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 1:54 PM

Quote:
The manager of the East Pointe store told me today that the Rothesay store is a go but the west side is still uncertain - the Target location will not be a corporate store but will be run by Target - like a lot of airport locations.
I wonder where they are planning to go in the valley ? I thought it was going to be where the new tims is or at least someone here on the forums said it was supposed to be by the Irving ??

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 10:27 PM

I understand that Second Cup is moving into the old UNB Book store on King Street.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 1:43 PM

That would be amazing, is that confirmed?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo View Post
That would be amazing, is that confirmed?
I just got a reply from my message to them on Facebook. It said;

Second Cup

Hi ___, thanks for your message! We will indeed be opening a cafe on King St. in Saint John. It is tentatively scheduled to open in late Spring. We would love to see you there once it opens! Have a wonderful day.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 3:10 PM
ハルウララ

That's a pretty good catch for King Street

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 4:37 PM

Awesome! That'll be a great addition to the street, especially if they operate later than 6 pm...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 8:13 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo View Post
Awesome! That'll be a great addition to the street, especially if they operate later than 6 pm...
Ugh, the worst thing about the Java Moose location on Prince William is that they close so early. It would be awesome of Uptown had a cafe/coffee shop that was actually open until 9 or 10. Other than Tim's on King there isn't much else. Too many shops and stores close at 5 or 6 Uptown and that certainly attributes to the deadness in the evenings.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Ugh, the worst thing about the Java Moose location on Prince William is that they close so early. It would be awesome of Uptown had a cafe/coffee shop that was actually open until 9 or 10. Other than Tim's on King there isn't much else. Too many shops and stores close at 5 or 6 Uptown and that certainly attributes to the deadness in the evenings.
I know the Second Cup in Kings Place in Fredericton is open until at least 9 pm. Would imagine it would be similar.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 11:25 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
I know the Second Cup in Kings Place in Fredericton is open until at least 9 pm. Would imagine it would be similar.
I certainly hope so. That Second Cup has access from the outside, right? (as in, it's not accessible only from the mall?) I would only assume that Second Cup on King would be able to dictate their own hours similar to how Subway and Tim's do, unless Centerbeam cracks down on them for whatever reason.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I certainly hope so. That Second Cup has access from the outside, right? (as in, it's not accessible only from the mall?) I would only assume that Second Cup on King would be able to dictate their own hours similar to how Subway and Tim's do, unless Centerbeam cracks down on them for whatever reason.
Pretty sure they do, but I think they keep the door to the mall open (next to Second Cup) when they are open.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 12:50 PM

That's the trouble with City Market and Brunswick Sq locations, any coffee shop has its hours dictated by the hours of their building. Hopefully with its own storefront, Second Cup will remain open until 9, 10 or even 11 to finally give us a tasteful evening option - other than the Waterloo Tim's

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 2:44 PM

It really doesn't project a good image of "growth" or "business" in our city to outsiders when 95% of the uptown shuts it doors at 6pm...

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 3:20 PM
ハルウララ

I'm under the assumption that Brunswick Square dictates when stores close (such as the food court) but i'm fairly certain i've seen Starbucks open later than 6 before. When i'm Uptown today i'll have to see if they have listed time anywhere. The Tim's in Brunswick closes at 6 but the Tim's at Market Square will stay open until 9 IIRC.

Nothing is more annoying than going Uptown for an event in the evening and having everything closed.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 3:22 PM

Quote:
I'm under the assumption that Brunswick Square dictates when stores close (such as the food court) but i'm fairly certain i've seen Starbucks open later than 6 before. When i'm Uptown today i'll have to see if they have listed time anywhere. The Tim's in Brunswick closes at 6 but the Tim's at Market Square will stay open until 9 IIRC.

Nothing is more annoying than going Uptown for an event in the evening and having everything closed.
Yes, Starbucks in Brunswick Sq is open til 8pm - closed all day Sunday.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces