HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 12:16 PM

Hi Mack297, I remember hearing about some of the things you mentioned, the east end airport, I remember the Sherman police station before it closed.

I have to agree about Kenilworth Ave. Most of the buildings are shacks. It would be nice to see some tastefully done urban redevelopment. I'm thinking along the lines of 87-89 King Street East. Hopefully that starts a trend. I remember a three story building on Ottawa Street at Argyle burned down about a dozen years ago. It was fairly nice looking architecturally. What's there to this day? A trailer and a rinky-dink used car lot, and there's a few of those around. Modular buildings, Petro Canada stations, and strip plazas are bad enough, but keep those in the trailer parks where they belong I say.

I guess one problem with Kenilworth is that it's another thoroughfare for people passing through on their way to work from homes on the mountain and vice versa.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos