HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Did anyone look at the menu for that place?

"Our gold- dusted & 24-hour brined gold coconut butter-chipotle-honey wings with gourmet bleu cheese"

$60 for ten.

My NYC contacts say it's a restaurant where convention goers max out their expense account. Seems the menu supports the claim.
So I went to the website because this seemed insane, and while they definitely do have absurd 6$ gold wings the rest of their food and drink prices dont seem outrageous at all.

Its a gimmick item.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 1:19 PM

For the sake of clarification I don't think they were telling me the whole world orders this wings.

I think they were telling me the restaurant is a generic and overpriced place that will be kept in business by convention goers.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 8:28 PM

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
They make it all the way through the last year and close just as baseball is starting with fans

....wow

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
They make it all the way through the last year and close just as baseball is starting with fans

....wow
I don’t think they made it through the last year. They may have just announced it now but the decision to close was made months ago. The boys from eleven10 Moto garage on grand took down all the signage about 6 months ago and have the giant “front row” sign hanging in their garage.

Either way it’ll be interesting to see what new concepts they bring to the ballpark in 2022 as the article suggests.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
That’s came from Chase Field. I haven’t seen to yet! I always to go to the game all the time. When I was young. I love to watch the games with my cousin. I am very good D-Backs fans. I knows all players, coaching and manager, as well as CEO president Derrick Hall.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 5:00 PM

Been going to Chase since it was BOB in 1999, but never made it to Friday’s Front Row. Bummer!

Alas, one place closes and another opens. Gadzooks is opening a location in Chase. The article also covers some other new menu items at concession stands.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ld/6997813002/

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Been going to Chase since it was BOB in 1999, but never made it to Friday’s Front Row. Bummer!

Alas, one place closes and another opens. Gadzooks is opening a location in Chase. The article also covers some other new menu items at concession stands.

Gadzooks is kinda intense to eat during a ballgame but whatever.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 6:09 PM

Quote:

Disappointed about Friday's but with limited capacity i don't know how anyone could make money right now.

Game 7 Grills has been trash for the last two iterations of that restaurant. It desperately needs a solid concept.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 5:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc34 View Post
https://www.theainsworth.com
Opening in the old The Hard Rock Cafe bldg
Does anyone know if they are going to have the space upstairs as well? I always felt that Hard Rock would of been so much better if they had the space upstairs as well.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 5:37 PM

Can't remember seeing some of these new CityScape tenants being discussed:

https://ktar.com/story/4262418/bourb...scape-phoenix/

Quote:
...The folks who brought you the State 48 Brewery are planning to unveil a new concept, the Phoenix Bourbon Room, this summer. The restaurant and bar will feature craft cocktails and serve the exclusive State 48 bourbon.

Another summer entry will be One Stop Nutrition, a national nutritional supplement and health food chain with multiple locations across the Valley. The company’s first downtown Phoenix shop will offer fruit shakes, gourmet coffee, free internet access and more...

...Later in 2021, the Phoenix Bike Co. will roll out a new concept to serve the needs of pedal-powered commuters. In addition to bicycle and accessory sales, the facility will offer storage and repairs and house a Valley Metro transit information center.
The commuter-oriented bike shop is especially nice. I've occasionally used the similar 'Bike Cellar' in Tempe and it's great.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 5:37 PM

A new sign hangs over the back door of the former Rott’n Grapes Roosevelt location reading ‘Boogie Down Pizza and Bodega.’ I wonder what could be on the way....

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
A new sign hangs over the back door of the former Rott’n Grapes Roosevelt location reading ‘Boogie Down Pizza and Bodega.’ I wonder what could be on the way....
Brought to you by the same owner of Tres Leches Café.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 10:58 PM

I just read on the internet that San Tan closed their brewpub on Bethany. I went shortly after it opened and it seemed like a fine place. I'm admittedly not much of a beer drinker but I liked whatever generic lager I drank there.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 11:00 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
I just read on the internet that San Tan closed their brewpub on Bethany. I went shortly after it opened and it seemed like a fine place.
There's been some churn at that corner. I thought Brat Haus would be a success there, but they closed before the pandemic. Luci's is still closed with all operations consolidated at their second site at the Orchard on 12th St. Maybe that particular intersection was just too saturated.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 11:05 PM

Luci's says they are remodeling that location, but it's been a long time for sure. They recently hired a new director of ops and some major changes are going on with Pomelo, the basement under Pomelo, and supposedly the 16th Street location. I'll believe it when I see it.

I do believe the reason nothing is working at that corner is the general run-down'ness of it. There's an obsolete strip mall with garbage parking on all four corners. I can't imagine it's too attractive for experienced f&b operators. What do you think?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 11:30 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Luci's says they are remodeling that location, but it's been a long time for sure. They recently hired a new director of ops and some major changes are going on with Pomelo, the basement under Pomelo, and supposedly the 16th Street location. I'll believe it when I see it.

I do believe the reason nothing is working at that corner is the general run-down'ness of it. There's an obsolete strip mall with garbage parking on all four corners. I can't imagine it's too attractive for experienced f&b operators. What do you think?
If you're talking about the Sunbrite strip mall on the northwest corner, I like design of that plaza. Parking might be an issue, especially since that corner is not near light rail and is not terribly walkable. It is also close to the 7th Street restaurant row from Missouri to Maryland, which has had a lot of churn of its own and is probably competing for the same customers.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 11:55 PM

I was talking about all four corners.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2021, 3:21 PM

i work in that immediate area and parking is a pain, but you can normally find a spot. I think the issue is that area is very dependent on the office crowd, which is heavily engineering and architecture based, and all those offices went 100% WFH until recently and some are still not even back or back fully. So I think they took a big hit from that.

San Tan was not well suited to the area in my opinion. We used to do happy hours all the time and tried it out multiple times and stopped going because the food sucked compared to the location in Chandler (not the same menu at all) and they had live music most nights, but it would be so loud you couldn't talk to anyone. I love live music venues, but when you are trying to catchup with clients and coworkers after work over a beer, its not a great environment.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 11:32 PM
self-important urbanista

Breakfast Bitch is in the New York Times, towards the bottom of the article:

The Hutsonas had opened a breakfast-themed restaurant in San Diego, and called it Breakfast Bitch. They opened a second outpost in Phoenix, Ariz.

Queens Hospitality was accusing the Hutsonas of stealing the idea from a Miami Beach eatery called Bacon Bitch.

Both restaurants feature signs that read, “Bitch don’t kill my vibe,” greet customers with the phrase “Welcome bitch” and identify entrees as “main bitch” and side items as “side bitch.”

The restaurants were so similar that the Yelp representative who added the Hutsonas’ restaurant to Yelp’s listings was even confused, according to court filings.

The management company also said that Ms. Hutsona visited the Miami Beach restaurant — and had emailed the company to inquire about franchising opportunities — before opening her own spot.

The case was ultimately dismissed last year, though by that point her local counsel had already withdrawn, saying that Ms. Hutsona was “no longer able and willing to pay for the attorney’s fees and costs.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/s...i-hutsona.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest