HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 4:55 PM

Reading old guys on this forum trying to decipher the meaning of the restaurant's name is pretty damn funny Think feminism, not Brittney lol

Concept started in SD and has been going strong for over a year now. I think it's quirky/bold enough for Roosevelt Row. Will be checking out.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 5:06 PM

Its for sure a Trash name but downtown isn't exactly a family area.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Its for sure a Trash name but downtown isn't exactly a family area.
LOL

This weekend, I think I will head into downtown and grab a bite at Breakfast Bitch, follow-it up with a drink at Killer Whale Sex Club, and then walk on over to Bud's Glass Joint and buy a pretty big ass bong.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 5:28 PM
self-important urbanista

I plan to tell my kids the name is just equal time for dogs since La Gattara cat cafe is opening a few blocks away.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I plan to tell my kids the name is just equal time for dogs since La Gattara cat cafe is opening a few blocks away.
Well done lol

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 6:37 PM

I got a chance to visit Highball last night for a drink, Its got a nice vibe but the drinks are PRICY ~$16 on average.

I never went to sidecar so I cant compare but that with Little O's and the Brewery going in all at the corner of McDowell and 7th Ave is a nice addition to the area.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 7:06 PM

Have been to Breakfast Bitch a couple times now. Food is good. The gimmick works well for this area, especially being just down the road from ReBar. Not sure the size of hotel will drive enough dinner business though. That menu looks good as well, just don’t see people going to dinner at Breakfast Bitch. Drive by on a Saturday or Sunday at 10am and the lines literally fill the sidewalks of the hotel. Yet, Snooze chooses to remain closed....

Tijuana Tacos, also very good.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXflyer View Post
Have been to Breakfast Bitch a couple times now. Food is good. The gimmick works well for this area, especially being just down the road from ReBar. Not sure the size of hotel will drive enough dinner business though. That menu looks good as well, just don’t see people going to dinner at Breakfast Bitch. Drive by on a Saturday or Sunday at 10am and the lines literally fill the sidewalks of the hotel. Yet, Snooze chooses to remain closed....

Tijuana Tacos, also very good.
Yea i wish Snooze would open back up. I really like that place.

Of course everyone wants to go and get their instagram photo and check ins at Breakfast Bitch, but at the end of the day it's just breakfast and you better have DAMN good food otherwise it won't last long. I'd probably only go there if I were staying at the hotel. Otherwise, no thanks. It's not clever, the name just feels desperate. Anyone remember Pink Taco? Same deal.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 10:15 PM

I'm with you flyer 11. Why are there two flyers? Why have I never noticed this? One of you should change your name, it's confusing.

I'm not offended by the word or the name, I just think it's something a 14 year old would think is funny. I did feel the same about Pink Taco. That restaurant was terrible, I really liked Wildfish that replaced it but I hear that's gone now as well.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Reading old guys on this forum trying to decipher the meaning of the restaurant's name is pretty damn funny Think feminism, not Brittney lol

Concept started in SD and has been going strong for over a year now. I think it's quirky/bold enough for Roosevelt Row. Will be checking out.
I was thinking the same thing,lol. I went there today. The waiters stayed on point the whole time, “heeey bitches, bye bitches,lol. There was a birthday and they came out with a boom box, singing and rapping. I thought it was pretty cool. I called ahead to make sure there wasn’t a wait and the guy had lots of energy from the jump on the phone!

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
I was thinking the same thing,lol. I went there today. The waiters stayed on point the whole time, “heeey bitches, bye bitches,lol. There was a birthday and they came out with a boom box, singing and rapping. I thought it was pretty cool. I called ahead to make sure there wasn’t a wait and the guy had lots of energy from the jump on the phone!

Ok now this I have to check out LOL hopefully they have the same type of energy for a pick-up order

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
It's odd to me that people find that appealing.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I'm with you flyer 11. Why are there two flyers? Why have I never noticed this? One of you should change your name, it's confusing.

I'm not offended by the word or the name, I just think it's something a 14 year old would think is funny. I did feel the same about Pink Taco. That restaurant was terrible, I really liked Wildfish that replaced it but I hear that's gone now as well.
Well, one of has 1,200 posts, one has 81. We had this discussion years ago and Flyer was upset that I had a similar user name, but I was unaware he even existed as he posts so infrequently. Anyways, I'm not changing mine. You can deal with the confusion for 81 posts over nine years or 9 posts per year.

I'm not offended either, I just think it's lame, childish and reeks of desperation. It won't last. But that's this generation, anything for an instagram post or snap chat. Theyll be onto the next gimmick in 6 months.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Well, one of has 1,200 posts, one has 81. We had this discussion years ago and Flyer was upset that I had a similar user name, but I was unaware he even existed as he posts so infrequently. Anyways, I'm not changing mine. You can deal with the confusion for 81 posts over nine years or 9 posts per year.

I'm not offended either, I just think it's lame, childish and reeks of desperation. It won't last. But that's this generation, anything for an instagram post or snap chat. Theyll be onto the next gimmick in 6 months.
I was upset? Nice to compare amount of posts, I guess we could compare join date I don’t really mind, except for when your views possibly reflect poorly on the name. Ha! That’s not very often though.

Anyway, mostly agree about the Bitch. It’s gimmicky, but the food I’ve had does stand for itself. Just a shame they don’t have more of a focus on that rather than gimmick. The fact that they are trying to play off the popularity of Biscuit Bitch in Seattle doesn’t bode well for their creative spirit.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXflyer View Post
I was upset? Nice to compare amount of posts, I guess we could compare join date I don’t really mind, except for when your views possibly reflect poorly on the name. Ha! That’s not very often though.

Anyway, mostly agree about the Bitch. It’s gimmicky, but the food I’ve had does stand for itself. Just a shame they don’t have more of a focus on that rather than gimmick. The fact that they are trying to play off the popularity of Biscuit Bitch in Seattle doesn’t bode well for their creative spirit.
HAHA - well tone us difficult to judge here, but I remember we talked about our handles before. Yes - you got me on the join date! As you pointed out before, reason why PHXFlyer wasn't available at the time.

I do try to serve the view of all PHXFlyers with my posts! Hopefully I don't shame your name too often.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 6:30 PM

Just so everyone knows Crescent Ballroom is having live music on their Patio Friday and Saturday.

If you can get out to support them, Its very important for downtown that Crescent, Valley Bar and the Van Buren Survive this pandemic

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Just so everyone knows Crescent Ballroom is having live music on their Patio Friday and Saturday.

If you can get out to support them, Its very important for downtown that Crescent, Valley Bar and the Van Buren Survive this pandemic
Yeah they’ve been open for a couple of weeks now. First thing I did when that happened, ordered some Al Pastor Burritos.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 11:30 PM

Final building plans came if for Sake Haus at 214 E Roosevelt. The description says that this a remodel and expansion.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 5:49 PM

This all flew under my radar:

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/rest...t-row-11519326

I really think Dino's is one of the best pizzas in town. Frankie is a good kid, he's also the chef at Progress. He was picking up hours at the bike shop over the summer, I kind of broke off from those guys so I'm not completely aware of their situation but while I know it was tough for both restaurants, it is really encouraging news that they're not just surviving but expanding.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Yeah they’ve been open for a couple of weeks now. First thing I did when that happened, ordered some Al Pastor Burritos.
I saw them open for food but this is the first time thyeve done live shows at any location since maybe May? Im not even sure

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest