HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:49 PM

Peabody Union is actually a good project for that site. I wish the design was something more out of the box. But, it should still create a nice look as you cross the KVB bridge into SoBro. At least it will add more height to the area. Now if only MDHA would seek a redesign of the Trolly Barns project to do the same....

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:59 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Peabody Union is actually a good project for that site. I wish the design was something more out of the box. But, it should still create a nice look as you cross the KVB bridge into SoBro. At least it will add more height to the area. Now if only MDHA would seek a redesign of the Trolly Barns project to do the same....
I like it too.

Although it doesn't have the scale of some of the other original 'Amazonian' proposals, it serves as a development that should be quite complementary to the rest of the downtown attractions.

If I were so inclined to choose downtown condo living, I think this one would be my choice (as long a I didn't have a view of the scrap yard).

As for the rest of the site, a paved parking lot was built to provide parking for the Assurion Company who located their headquarters a block away. I suspect that once the 300+ space parking garage is built, that sliver of land will be available to private concerns for development. The Director of MDHA has indicated it may be a 30+ story building. But that's down the road.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 12:43 AM

One of Nashville's larger Headquarter Companies, Assurion, is combining four offices into one nine story building by 2021 when a 475,000 sf office building in the Gulch is completed. It was just announced that Highwoods Company had just purchased the land and then some from the TENNESSEAN newspaper, who will relocate offices and printing to the suburbs.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 8:58 PM

A 9 story building in that location will have no impact at all. I guess it could be good infill eventually. But 9 stories in that location will barely rise above the Church Street Viaduct and probably won't be that visible from Broadway. I guess it'll look nice among the North Gulch structures.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
A 9 story building in that location will have no impact at all. I guess it could be good infill eventually. But 9 stories in that location will barely rise above the Church Street Viaduct and probably won't be that visible from Broadway. I guess it'll look nice among the North Gulch structures.
One upside; Assurion is planning to stay in Nashville.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 10:34 PM
Future God

Quote:
I'm fine with a building lacking in height if it's visually interesting, provides a high quality pedestrian experience at street level, and contributes greatly to the urban fabric, and this is appears to be all of those things. It will fill a huge hole in The Gulch that bridges north and south, and for that I am grateful.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:46 AM

Again, not a large project, but a nice one in a special part of town, this being at the foot of the hill where the State Capitol is located. The architecture in this location has been disappointingly mediocre as it was mostly built in the mid 60's when the large urban renewal project pretty much scraped many city blocks of dilapidated housing stock to the ground and replaced it with many undersized, suburban style office buildings.

This project will bring much needed activity to the area with a rooftop restaurant and a building made from attractive and durable materials on the exterior.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 7:06 AM
Future God

Glad to see the above project. That area around the capitol to the north is just an absolute mess of urban renewal mishaps. It'll take a long time to fix the damage that has been done to the streetscape, but having a project like this built is a great first step.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 10:59 PM

A few pictures from Nashville's first (friendly) game as a USL team against Atlanta. It's a 9,000+ seat attendance in the baseball stadium in a soaking rain. Lots of Atlanta supporters present. Looks like this might be a good rivalry in the MLS in a few years.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 13, 2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: corrected attendance figures

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 11:40 PM

There is evidence that core drilling is taking place on the 12th and Demonbruen site where Endeavor Real Estate has purchased the property and has submitted massing diagrams some months ago to the City for approval. No other announcements have been made regarding the schedule or scope of construction. However, this activity is always encouraging and usually indicative of impending construction.

Some pertinent info;

Nashville is building buildings in bunches, now.

PS; The map with the yellow buildings is my crude rendering.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 5:27 PM

Virgin progress

The skycrane for the Virgin Hotel is now up.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
I know you mean tower crane, but a skycrane would be awesome.

https://www.space.com/16889-mars-rov...e-landing.html

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
Yes, I saw that Sunday night. It will be a very nice building although I know some are disappointed the original concept could not be saved after the original developers were sacked.

The original concept....

And the plan that's under construction and now officially rising.

The current render shows a beautiful building and will fit perfectly into the eastern end of historic Music Row in Mid Town at the roundabout and Musica Statue. Just behind the small building (housing music industry powerhouse BMI) behind the roundabout in the following picture.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 3:23 PM

An update of all significant projects under construction (doesn't include billion dollar airport upgrade)....

And probable proposed projects...

The 12 story Graduate Hotel on West End will likely start this year but no hint of a rendering or massing diagram has been revealed.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 8:38 PM

Some simple line renderings were released a month or so ago, now Creed Investment Company has revealed higher quality renderings for their proposed office building in the Mid Town district.

The building will be called the Moore after Elvis Presley's guitarist who had a studio on this lot.

It is two blocks off Music Row which is now rezoned to protect the original scale and purpose of buildings on the street. The Moore is not part of that district and is allowed to go up to a 222 foot height.

Only in Nashville.....

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 3, 2018 at 1:53 PM. Reason: Corrected Name

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 8:58 PM

Amazon

Last edited by Nashville; Feb 20, 2018 at 9:01 PM. Reason: Operator Error

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 10:36 PM

Love the design of the Hyatt Regency. But it's gone from 25 to 23 to 22 stories.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
This impression that states like Tennessee are at war with gays is getting tired.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 11:08 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
This impression that states like Tennessee are at war with gays is getting tired.
If anyone is actually insinuating that it is "at war" with the LGBTQ community, then I agree that that is fairly hyperbolic language. However, it is just a fact that some places are more friendly and accepting of that lifestyle than others. Nashville, for example, can't even ban discrimination based on sexual orientation among city employees without the state government stepping in and overturning it. So I can see why that might be a sticking point for some companies.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Interesting you focused on the gay people stuff. Nashville is number two in the other article. Compared to Raleigh, I do not get it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations