HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
John Saca?!?! Who the hell is he? Hahaha.

Saca is pretty much a non-factor at this point.

CalPERS now owns the old Towers on Crapitol Mall site... as they have for the past 12 years. They are taking their time to find a good project for the site. CalPERS had partnered with CIM Group many years ago to come up with something. There were a couple different drawings of a 35-ish story mixed-use building. However, CalPERS fired CIM Group a couple years later. Since then, I haven't heard much in relation to marketing the site or making attempts to lure in a main tenant. I assume CalPERS still would like to build a mixed-use tower (office + housing + hotel). Frankly, I don't think they care to put much effort into the "hole in the ground" right now.

Saca's J Street Metropolitan proposal is probably dead as originally planned. Sotiris Kolokotronis took the lead away from John Saca in July 2018. Saca may still be involved as a "silent," "silent," "go over there and sit in the corner" partner; but I don't think he has much of a say. I haven't heard much about the Metropolitan since that time. Keep in mind, SKK Development is in the middle of multiple other projects and proposals right now. It seems that SKK likes to build a couple projects, lease them up, sell them, and then move on to the next couple of projects. Whatever ultimately gets built on 10th and J, I'm 90% sure it won't be more than 20 floors; and I am 75% sure it won't be more than 14 floors.

Sacramento Republic FC pushed back the stadium development a few months ago. Currently, they're saying construction should begin this Spring and end in 2023. They're also saying the Republic's first MLS season will be in 2023. We'll see... There seems to be some issue involving the owner, Ron Burkle, either agreeing to pay the $200 million expansion fee, or finalizing agreements with the MLS. There was a "bad news" rumor going around a couple weeks ago, but the Republic said that things were fine.

That sucks for John Saca and downtown, I guess the city hasn't been pressing , I hope they are just rumors about the soccer stadium. Thanks for the updates

Last edited by novatone82; Jan 28, 2021 at 7:40 AM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 6:19 PM

14 story Kaiser Railyard project moving forward per Sac Biz

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...-hospital.html

CRANE WATCH
Health Care
Kaiser takes new step toward establishing Railyards hospital
Email
Tweet
Share Article
Print Order Reprints

By Felicia Alvarez – Staff Writer, Sacramento Business Journal
Feb 8, 2021
Kaiser Permanente’s plans to build a new medical center at Sacramento’s Railyards appear to be gaining momentum.

Since at least 2015, Kaiser has been gearing up plans for a 420-bed hospital in Sacramento’s Railyards north of Downtown. The 14-story hospital is one of the flagship projects planned for the Railyards development.

While Kaiser has long been quiet about specific dates it hopes to break ground on the hospital, a new project in the works indicates a step toward planning and constructing the hospital.

Last edited by kamehameha; Feb 12, 2021 at 2:40 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 6:20 PM

Someone in this forum said a while back that this project is dead?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
There were never any official reports, just rumors.

14 floors is pretty tall for a hospital.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

I imagine hospitals have a pretty tall floor to floor height too with all the ducting, ceiling equipment etc. Should be pretty tall.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

Sutter's Women & Children hospital on 29th and Capitol is 8 floors and 179 feet, according to Emporis

https://www.emporis.com/statistics/t...ramento-ca-usa

So yeah, the Kaiser downtown hospital at 14 floors (assuming their all above ground) would be tall, somewhere between 225-275 feet.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
Could have been me.

A neighbor who is a Kaiser administrator told me almost a year ago that they were likely scaling back the project to be more of a clinic. She said that the project was still being evaluated, but that due to changing medical care infrastructure needs, it was unlikely to be a full blown hospital.

This is great news!

Old Posted Feb 10, 2021, 8:04 PM

Sacramento Development Reporting

Hi! o/

I want to share my work at SFYIMBY.com here because I believe we've covered proposals not posted on this thread. We do still cover Sacramento after I read some some interesting journal linking the distance of capitals from population centers with increased corruption.

We are a recently launched outlet covering development and construction across the Bay Area to Sacramento for our website and newsletter. We started as just NewYorkYIMBY.com, but have expanded to here, Philadelphia, and Chicago.

Here's a link to all our coverage specifically about Sacramento. Hope you enjoy! https://sfyimby.com/neighborhoods/sacramento

-Andrew

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCNelson View Post
Hi! o/

I want to share my work at SFYIMBY.com here because I believe we've covered proposals not posted on this thread. We do still cover Sacramento after I read some some interesting journal linking the distance of capitals from population centers with increased corruption.

We are a recently launched outlet covering development and construction across the Bay Area to Sacramento for our website and newsletter. We started as just NewYorkYIMBY.com, but have expanded to here, Philadelphia, and Chicago.

Here's a link to all our coverage specifically about Sacramento. Hope you enjoy! https://sfyimby.com/neighborhoods/sacramento

-Andrew
Great run down! Thanks for sharing.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 3:36 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanadvocate View Post
I imagine hospitals have a pretty tall floor to floor height too with all the ducting, ceiling equipment etc. Should be pretty tall.
The UC Davis Medical Center is 14 stories. How tall is that one???

Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactivity View Post
The UC Davis Medical Center is 14 stories. How tall is that one???
Emporis say 13 floors and 168 but with current designs which have more strict design requirements and an emphasis on more open spaces (i.e. higher ceilings) I would not be surprised to see a larger floor to floor height. Additionally the land it is proposed on is elevated.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 4:30 PM

The state office complex at 7th & Richards is starting to rise. You can see it going up from I-5.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 6:41 PM
BUFF$LUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
The state office complex at 7th & Richards is starting to rise. You can see it going up from I-5.
Nice.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 2:11 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
You can also see it in the distance on the new courthouse webcam.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 7:54 PM

Nothing happening anytime soon but nice to see it is still in the works:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...finalized.html

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 9:37 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanadvocate View Post
Nothing happening anytime soon but nice to see it is still in the works:

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...finalized.html
Yes!! And lots to view about it here too: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/Publ...Valley-Station

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 2:50 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
Yes!! And lots to view about it here too: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/Publ...Valley-Station
I’ve lost count; how many railyard master plans does that make now?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 5:27 PM

Just read a story in the SBJ that Ron Burkle has stepped down as the lead investor in the Sacramento Republic MLS bid.

It looks like COVID, combined with the stadium cost and the franchise fee, caused him to get cold feet.

Mayor Steinberg and the MLS said that they are still committed to bringing major league soccer to Sacramento. The league will help to find a new investor.

This is a huge blow. We’ll see.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Just read a story in the SBJ that Ron Burkle has stepped down as the lead investor in the Sacramento Republic MLS bid.

It looks like COVID, combined with the stadium cost and the franchise fee, caused him to get cold feet.

Mayor Steinberg and the MLS said that they are still committed to bringing major league soccer to Sacramento. The league will help to find a new investor.

Definitely a huge blow to the city. But I do believe MLS and the city will continue to work together to bring MLS here. Kinda embarrassing for the city and the MLS to announce expansion and hold a celebration only for the deal to fall apart just when stadium construction was scheduled for this spring.

It's not the city's fault that their lead investor had cold feet, and I don't expect MLS will hold the city accountable. My hope is MLS will give Sac a year to find a 'whale', sign all agreements, start building the stadium in 2022, and push back Sac's entry into the league to 2024. My hope tho.

Or the MLS could say screw them. Who Knows?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2021, 5:30 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:

Why does this always happen? Uhg, maybe Vivek can help out like he did with the Kings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area