HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 1:53 AM

ST. LOUIS | North Riverfront Tower | FT | 50 FLOORS

This forum thread is for the 50 Floor, North Riverfront Tower in St. Louis Missouri.

BACKGROUND

In 2016, the St. Louis Business Journal did a story on Alterra Worldwide's entrance into the St. Louis market. That story laid out the ground work for their future expansion here which would include a 50 story Riverfront Tower among other historic rehabs. Approximately one year later, the story returned in the Business Journal with the headline "Bullish on St. Louis". Again, it reiterated Alterra's Ambitions for the Riverfront Tower but now placed a location for it along the "North Riverfront".

Yet another year later, here we are sitting and waiting for it to be announced when all of a sudden, I was somehow chosen to be informed that it is indeed "in the works" and "coming soon". While the definite location is not named, the main announced could come in the coming weeks. And while I have my suspicions, I think this tower deserved its own thread as it is significant for St. Louis. I was tipped off by over 12 people that it is happening so, we will see!

But who am I to speculate .

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:10 AM

By the way, here are those stories that are mentioned here. Two of them require a subscription to the BizJournals

2016:https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/...389&j=74413142
2017: https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/...t-of-town.html
My Story: https://www.buildingstlnews.com/the-...er-in-planning

Last edited by Chris Stritzel; May 17, 2018 at 2:15 AM.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 2:18 AM

Last post on this thread for a while but was infomred that the announcment will come in "Mid June" so that Alterra has time to start on their historic restoration of the Jefferson Arms and grow their record in St. Louis. The logic is if they start on the jefferson Arms, lenders will be more open to fund the tower and Alterra overall. These next few weeks will be rough but I hope the design isn't blah so the all the waiting I do isn't a waste.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 4:08 AM

I was informed that Alterra is still waiting for the Jefferson Arms to begin construction, which should be August, to announce this Tower. They are currently aiming at September some time. 5G Studio Collaborative of Dallas is the Architecture firm and I have learned that the tower's final height will be 630 feet tall. I hope it isn't a blah design.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals