HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 11:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Kadam Shoes has moved to their new location. The building they formerly occupied is to be torn down to allow for this development on the NW corner of Champlain St. & Rue du College:

Another mixed use building for downtown Dieppe. This section of Champlain St. is developing a very urban character.

Old Posted May 4, 2023, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Kadam Shoes has moved to their new location. The building they formerly occupied is to be torn down to allow for this development on the NW corner of Champlain St. & Rue du College:

Another mixed use building for downtown Dieppe. This section of Champlain St. is developing a very urban character.
The former Kadam building has been torn down. I'm guessing construction will start soon.

Old Posted May 11, 2023, 7:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have begun actual site prep for the Superstore/Plazacorp development on the NE corner of Dieppe Blvd & Rufin. A lot of dirt is being moved.

Also, they have begun clearing land on the SE corner of Dieppe Blvd & Melanson. This is a pretty big site, does anyone know what's happening here???

The entire length of Dieppe Blvd seems to be a hive of activity!

Old Posted May 12, 2023, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Also, they have begun clearing land on the SE corner of Dieppe Blvd & Melanson. This is a pretty big site, does anyone know what's happening here???
Not sure but it’s zoned as commercial. I’m pretty sure they’ve zoned that whole intersection as commercial, which is probably a wise thing. It’s a pretty prominent intersection.

Old Posted May 12, 2023, 1:28 PM

^^ Further to the above on this intersection the SW corner has a sold sign now as well. This is also a decently large lot.

Old Posted May 20, 2023, 12:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
they have begun clearing land on the SE corner of Dieppe Blvd & Melanson. This is a pretty big site, does anyone know what's happening here???
Site clearing on this corner continues to progress. This is a large lot.

About a year ago, Spitfire Designs posted this render on their website, stating that this would be built soon in Dieppe, but declining to state exactly where.

The building in the render has a fake address (123 Melason). The lot being cleared is at the SE corner of Dieppe Blvd and Melanson.

Hmmmm...........

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 20, 2023 at 12:27 AM.

Old Posted May 21, 2023, 7:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Global Pet Food development at Rufin & Hartnett is actually going to be a small retail plaza with three CRUs. The Global Pet Food store will occupy the middle CRU.

Having a retail plaza here makes a lot of sense what with the Superstore/Shoppers/PlazaCorp development going in right across the street.

Old Posted May 21, 2023, 7:18 PM
I Rise Again

Wow. Never realized that there was a Shoppers going in there as well. Must have missed that posting. That is going to be a popular corner.

Old Posted May 27, 2023, 3:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
MACC Warehouse facility at the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport

This is a non-designated project on federal lands or outside Canada. The listed authorities are responsible for the project assessment.

MACC Commercial Properties is proposing construction of a warehouse at the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport. The 2508 square meter building is proposed to be built west of the current airport control tower off Champlain Street in Dieppe, New Brunswick. The project work will include building construction, asphalt parking areas, driveway access off Champlain street and an airside access road. The total impacted area is approximately 17749 m2.
This project is currently under way. Earth moving is occurring.

Old Posted May 29, 2023, 12:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This construction card has popped up again in the CCD Canada feed (newly updated for May 2023).

Quote:
DENNY'S RESTAURANT, DIEPPE

CCD Ref. Number : NB167288-22-08

Stage : 3-Planning or drawing

Published : August 31, 2022

Last updated : May 16, 2023

Starting Date (estimated) : Not available

Size : Minor ($441,000)

Work type : Renovation / Alterations / Modernization

Sector : Private

Category : 2-Commercial

Subcategories : 2G-Catering

Disciplines : ARCH, ELEC, EQUI, HVAC, MEC-B, OTHER*

DIEPPE (NB)
(Moncton - Richibucto)

Description :
RESTAURANT BUILDING RENOVATION -
Located in Dieppe, this project (Denny's Restaurant*) estimated at $441 000 is in the planning stage. Works concern the construction of a commercial building for a restaurant.

- Initiator: INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS
A card appeared a couple of weeks ago for a Denny's in Riverview as well, so I don't know what the hell is going on. What exactly are the intentions of the new local franchisee???

Old Posted May 29, 2023, 2:25 PM

Quote:
This construction card has popped up again in the CCD Canada feed (newly updated for May 2023).

A card appeared a couple of weeks ago for a Denny's in Riverview as well, so I don't know what the hell is going on. What exactly are the intentions of the new local franchisee???
This is the same or close to the same dollar amount as well. There is significantly more building that could be repurposed into a Denny’s in Dieppe than in Riverview but yeah this is really weird.

Old Posted May 29, 2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
This is the same or close to the same dollar amount as well. There is significantly more building that could be repurposed into a Denny’s in Dieppe than in Riverview but yeah this is really weird.
It'd be nice if they replaced Angie's with this.

Old Posted May 30, 2023, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2dam View Post
It'd be nice if they replaced Angie's with this.
I’d rather a gravel parking lot be there then Angie’s . I’m hoping we’ll see a mid rise building be built there that fits in better with the character of downtown Dieppe

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 3:39 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
MACC Warehouse facility at the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport

This is a non-designated project on federal lands or outside Canada. The listed authorities are responsible for the project assessment.

MACC Commercial Properties is proposing construction of a warehouse at the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport. The 2508 square meter building is proposed to be built west of the current airport control tower off Champlain Street in Dieppe, New Brunswick. The project work will include building construction, asphalt parking areas, driveway access off Champlain street and an airside access road. The total impacted area is approximately 17749 m2.
This project by MACC is for AltiMax Courier Services. They are expanding and relocating. This new location will put them on the south side of the airport near all the other air couriers, and they will have direct airside access.

This will be a fairly large building.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 12:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Steele Auto Group has decided to close their All EV dealership next to BMW Moncton near the airport.

Apparently Monctonians are not ready to embrace our electric future.......

Old Posted Jun 5, 2023, 11:27 PM

I am not sure if anyone is familiar with this rendering but I found it listed for Dieppe by Quest Capital. I don't recall seeing anything that looks like this posted here. It looks like a nice proposal.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 1:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSJ View Post

I am not sure if anyone is familiar with this rendering but I found it listed for Dieppe by Quest Capital. I don't recall seeing anything that looks like this posted here. It looks like a nice proposal.
Nope, this is new AFAIK. Thanks for posting this.

This looks to be eight storeys, and would be ideal for downtown Dieppe, but Quest also has development lands up on Dieppe Blvd too.

In particular, Quest owns property on Acadie Ave, right across the street from the stalled Promenade Neuf Phase Two project. I could see something like this being built there........

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 3:22 PM

Quest also has the empty property directly across from Dieppe city hall that is sandwiched between the Killam apartments, although this may be a bit large for that lot.

It appears by the render that this is set back from the street. If this is downtown on Acadie, I don't love that, but they did this with P9 as well. You can see what looks like a small piece of curb in the lower left. If this is the street it doesn't say Dieppe Blvd to me. It would be set back much more than that I would think.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 1:28 PM

There is now a crane on the east side of Dieppe Blvd just past the liquor store. I don't know if anything has been announced there but I assume it's more 4 story apartments which would fit with the area. The land has been cleared for a while now. Also looking quickly at Google maps this area appears to technically have be considered Lakeburn not Dieppe (before amalgamation), along with a small sliver of Dieppe Blvd itself, which I found interesting.

Almost directly across on the west side of Dieppe Blvd extensive land clearing is also now happening on the Quest lands so maybe that above rendering is for this area.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 1:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Full tower crane or mini tower crane???

As for the Quest property across the street, I have it on good authority we will see action here later this year.

Dieppe Blvd will be substantially different in a few years time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces