HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 5:27 PM

Turns out this ended up being presented at the Aug 24th meeting, and the HLC shot it down. I assume an appeal will be next.

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...ommission.html

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 8:12 AM

With Motto by Hilton now proposed for 5th & Lavaca and no update in two years, one can assume this deal fell through.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 11:20 AM

Motto-Embassy Suites

Funny that you say that. It was on my mind yesterday as I worked on my spreadsheet inspired by ATX.

1) I would guess it became part of the Embassy Suites Proposal on another thread. (last comment date was 07/21/22) so you can scroll down to find it if you are looking for it)

2) I have a list of old projects that haven't been touched by this group in a loooong time with statuses that are probably out of date. I'll post those in a diferent thread when I have a few minutes.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 1:56 PM

The Houston developers gave up on this project because the HLC preferred to keep the site in disrepair than approve this project. Sometime after that the State Bar Association (I think that's the name) next door to this project bought the site to keep it from being developed. They opposed this project at the HLC meetings. I'm guessing they liked the parking spots in the half of the building that didn't have a roof.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin