HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 7:27 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
Awesome pictures cmak/fimiak/long weekend/jerry!

Also, not sure if this belongs here, but it's a pretty broad stroke...

Some good news for the Transbay District:

Story from SfGate
In other words:

THE TRANSBAY TOWER IS NOT DEAD, AND IT NEVER WAS *at any time, ever, period.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 4:50 PM
dazzle me

the next steps are to secure funding and a timeline on electrification and extension into the new transbay terminal. the last i read on that still had an approximate completion date for caltrain service at 2021, but we all know that such a date is meaningless until we've got the funding nailed down and the lawsuits out of the way.

in other news, socketsite has a rendering for a project that's actually in the early stages with planning, oh yes, the chron 4 building redevelopment on van ness at o'farrell. we're talking 14 stories and 255 units over 5200 square feet of commercial space at the ground floor.

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...velopment.html

i have to say that i'm a little disappointed that it's not more of a standout design, and that i'll miss the kron building for the variety it provides, but reactivating the street there and bringing the numbers is to the good. bonus for the hospital in the rendering background.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 5:20 PM
dazzle me

speaking of the hospital and medical office building up the block, if you want some definitive renderings, check out this document (office building first, then hospital):
http://www.sf-planning.org/ftp/files..._VNG_VIEWS.pdf

very handsome, very well planned, very good work by the city when considered what was originally proposed.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 5:48 PM
Build Baby Build

I think 1001 Van Ness is amazing. It looks modern and really takes advantage of the hill. It should be rushed through by planning.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 8:39 PM

new Apple store

walking in Union Square today, I noticed that the demolition of the old Levi's store at Post and Stockton is underway. It will be interesting to see how Norman Foster's first San Francisco building will turn out.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 12:58 AM

a while back, i posted something about the fact that they looked to be pushing dirt around at the transbay/salesforce tower site for about a year and one half. i read an article back in September about a tax issue and possible lawsuit and (sorta) connected the dots.

this is for the person with the big type or font:
i actually wrote to the authors/reporters at the chronicle about it and asked for a followup.

I think it wonderful that they actually did a followup.

personally, i never thought the tower was dead, but possibly delayed due to the tax issue and reassessment. IMHO, once they start work on the actual tower, they are locked into the tax and/or rate.

as a little kid, i watched them actually build 50 fremont . the foundation work did not take two years.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 3:23 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Someone a couple weeks ago asked about the fate of the small older building on the northwestern corner of Mission and 2nd. I walked by today while the doors were open, construction workers all around--they are gutting it and renovating it.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
Someone a couple weeks ago asked about the fate of the small older building on the northwestern corner of Mission and 2nd. I walked by today while the doors were open, construction workers all around--they are gutting it and renovating it.
Yes, I remember reading about this awhile back, it's going to be this:

http://sf.eater.com/2014/9/9/6158879...casual-chinese

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 1:13 PM

With all this construction, demand is still growing faster than supply.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6609396.html

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
In other words:

THE TRANSBAY TOWER IS NOT DEAD, AND IT NEVER WAS *at any time, ever, period.
You forgot the bold.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeff View Post
With all this construction, demand is still growing faster than supply.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6609396.html
Most of the construction is just that; still under construction. We'll see a lot of units being delivered in the next two years. I think the tech sector may slow down starting in 2016, so prices may drop or stop rising at that point

Old Posted Feb 8, 2015, 8:43 AM
Skyriser

CPMC Van Ness campus from 1200 Gough, 21st floor:

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 5:36 AM
heavy user of walkability

<-- nice shot

here are a few from Hayes Valley this afternoon... parcel P (aka Avalon Hayes Valley) on Octavia is almost done:

Fulton and Gough, with Boys and Girls Club behind:

Grove and Gough:

Hayes and Laguna, NE corner. for some reason, I thought this one would be in progress by now, but it's still just fenced off:

besides those, the large development at 555 Fulton and Laguna is about one story out of the ground, and 450 Hayes has been excavated down at least one story

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 5:55 AM

art!

the public art installment at the corner of 10th and Market (Nema) is done (probably has been for a while, but it was the first time I'd seen it). looking toward Market:

and back the other way, from Market:

it's pleasant enough, but not quite as lush or natural-feeling as I remember from the renderings. and man, was that intersection windy today. still not an enjoyable place to walk.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 6:07 AM

Market and Sanchez

a couple views of the site at 15th, Market and Sanchez (2198 Market). looking east down Market, with the in-progress site on the left, and the recently-completed 2175 Market on the right:

and looking across the new site at 2175 (looking very much like a rendering in this light!):

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 8:34 PM
She needs her space

Kink.com moving? No more Armory?

This city is becoming BORING, lol.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...0-mission.html

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 9:54 PM
Build Baby Build

It sucks that Kink.com is moving, but they didn't really need all that space anyway, I went on a tour and it seemed like they could have done the same productions in half the space. They weren't even using the ground floor auditorium for anything.

Prop M kicking in this year could have the side effect of creating a lot of new housing since many developers don't want to have to deal with that process. The limit should be raised to 1m sq ft a year but I don't think anyone has the fortitude for that fight.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 11:49 PM
She needs her space

^^^It was a good party space.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 3:16 AM

Garden at NEMA - 10th and Markket Streeets

timbad - here is a picture of the garden when the flowers were fresh, but behind a chain link fence. After months of work and after replacing the original trees, it is finally open. I was greatly disappointed as the original sculpture garden was not delivered. If NEMA keeps putting the same quality plants year around I will be pleased. I love granite but this one leaves me cold.

Garden &amp; Sculpture - NEMA

Old Posted Feb 10, 2015, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
<-- nice shot

here are a few from Hayes Valley this afternoon... parcel P (aka Avalon Hayes Valley) on Octavia is almost done:

I haven't been by this one in some time, how did they do on the Oak side of varying the look on different portions of the block to give it a more organic feel as they had originally intended?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations