HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Cunard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
I was walking down around Queens Marquee last night for the first time in a few months and as more and more of the area is finished and landscaped it is coming together so well. There is so much design intent everywhere. Everything is done for a reason and connects to everything else. It's such a well thought out design. I cannot wait to be able to get into the inner courtyard area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybrain View Post
This is how I feel too. The design feels very coherent, and also connects really well to Water Street. The big test will be how it connects to the waterfront, but I'm optimistic.
I've been through there too, and don't disagree with anything you guys have said. So, it may be wonderfully functional and "work" beautifully - and that's all for the good.

But to my eye, it's still ugly, out of scale and out of place. There are many ways to polish a turd, but it's still essentially very turdlike.

Say, maybe it's the Buckley's Mixture of buildings.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 7:53 PM

Untitled by Hali87, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 29, 2021, 1:57 AM

Owners of Bertossi Group will be opening a new restaurant in the Cunard building. (Bicycle Thief, Amano, La Frasca, etc.)

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 3:12 AM

Noticed tonight on the Pier 21 cam that the crane has no lights at night.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 2:04 AM

New bridge installed next to this development

Old Posted Feb 14, 2022, 8:27 PM

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 6:32 PM

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 8:12 PM
Cap the Cut!

And a pic from the other side...

20220221_144040_HDR by AJ Forsythe, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 9:58 PM

This building will have some of the best harbour views when completed. So any guesses on how rich one will have to be to afford those views ? Condo price or monthly rent ?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Zero33 View Post
This building will have some of the best harbour views when completed. So any guesses on how rich one will have to be to afford those views ? Condo price or monthly rent ?
Not sure, but I know it will be above my income bracket... at least I will be able to afford the harbour views from the boardwalk.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Zero33 View Post
I'm going to guess monthly rent

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal View Post
I'm going to guess monthly rent
I'd thought at one time this was intended to be condos but I guess it's rentals. So probably 3-5K+/month range. Let's say 4K rent as midrange or 48K/yr. At 30% of gross income, you'd need to earn 160K/yr. A little high for Halifax but certainly not outrageous or unheard of.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzt79 View Post
I'd thought at one time this was intended to be condos but I guess it's rentals. So probably 3-5K+/month range. Let's say 4K rent as midrange or 48K/yr. At 30% of gross income, you'd need to earn 160K/yr. A little high for Halifax but certainly not outrageous or unheard of.
I think with the land ownership remaining under Develop NS, it can only be rentals, and that was always the plan. I remember hearing when Queen’s Marque was in the planning stages that Bishop’s Landing was the last Condo opportunity on the waterfront.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 8:31 PM

Had friends looking to move into Queens Marque from Bishops but they quickly did an about face when they learned that most or all units (at least in their price range) had no windows in the bedrooms. Madness.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastClimberPro View Post
Had friends looking to move into Queens Marque from Bishops but they quickly did an about face when they learned that most or all units (at least in their price range) had no windows in the bedrooms. Madness.
That's pretty common in multi-unit buildings these days. With only one outside wall per unit it generally makes the most sense to use it for the places where people will be spending their daytime hours.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
That's pretty common in multi-unit buildings these days. With only one outside wall per unit it generally makes the most sense to use it for the places where people will be spending their daytime hours.
I guess that's why traditionally most such buildings were rectangular, so that you could get more potential window space by constructing units along either side of the long axis, with multi-bedroom units at the ends. The apartments I've lived in had windows both in the living room and the bedrooms.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 11:49 PM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 11:56 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
I once rented a 1-bedroom condo in Cityplace for a week it was like that as well. The door was translucent glass to let in day light from the window on the opposite side of the livingroom. I don't think I would actually mind it since I never really look out my bedroom window. The only thing I use it for is to let in some fresh air, but that place was smaller than my current place so I'm sure just opening the LR window would be fine.

I mean obviously it's not ideal, but you're always going to be sacrificing something for a prime location compared to a place at an equal price further out.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 8:13 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
I once rented a 1-bedroom condo in Cityplace for a week it was like that as well. The door was translucent glass to let in day light from the window on the opposite side of the livingroom. I don't think I would actually mind it since I never really look out my bedroom window. The only thing I use it for is to let in some fresh air, but that place was smaller than my current place so I'm sure just opening the LR window would be fine.

I mean obviously it's not ideal, but you're always going to be sacrificing something for a prime location compared to a place at an equal price further out.
Yeah it's fairly common, both the Alexander and Maple 1-bedrooms have sliding translucent doors into the windowless bedrooms.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 3:49 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth