HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:00 AM

All good points

Last edited by bb1510; Feb 2, 2020 at 5:07 AM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:00 AM

Cool, thanks.
The first interior rendering reminds me of the proposed food court at Oakridge.
Tall ceiling with stick-like columns.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:03 AM

Seems like around 60-70 floors but taller if they don't use the sculpted form for the main tower.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Thanks for posting.
It looks old, but I haven't seen it before either.
There's no office space included, which also suggests its an old proposal given the current office demand. It also says department store - if that's still alive, maybe Simons?
WRT Four Seasons, would it be that old, as FS problems started only a couple years ago.
Makes sense if FS and Holborn have been in discussions wrt Bay Parkade that attention could turn to Holborn's FortisBC Tower. That would be luxury hotel row.
Neiman Marcus was looking to enter Vancouver a few years back

They were originally looking into the RBC pavilion space along with flagship Alexander McQueen and Bottega Veneta stores but not anymore

Since Simons already has a location in Park Royal and NM has yet to open a location here yet, this would seem like a good location or maybe they could take over the Bay as after all, that is to be redeveloped too. There was supposedly a sale last year but it apparently collaspsed

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:15 AM

OMA's tower projects

https://oma.eu/projects?tags=tower

From that other OMA credited rendering.

So the Bay is on the right, you can see the new skywalk. Two smaller towers fronting Seymour Street. Main building looks rectangular with a slight curve in it. Seems like a shared podium level that you can walk to the different towers. Not sure how that works with that pool. Can also see small angled balconies in the main tower.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:20 AM

The OMA designs all look rigidly geometric - a good thing for Vancouver, I think.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:22 AM

jollyburger, this is interesting because it presents an option to the first offering. I much prefer this straight, rather more 'classic' tower complex to the squiggly one.
The wlls and windows of the tall tower are bordering on International Style, it seems. (((I like that style, and wish we had a bit more of it in Vancouver)))

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:27 AM

I agree

Last edited by bb1510; Feb 2, 2020 at 5:06 AM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:36 AM

My first thought was WOWOWOWOWOW! I actually love that old rendering on the video. The curves and that observation deck... and the base with the wraparound LED and roof garden would look pretty spectacular from Georgia Street. But then I started reading the comments and realized this is a no-go. Hopefully the updated version doesnt blend into the skyline. What kind of height are we talking about? Is it going to pierce the tabletop in that area? Please I freaking hope so.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 8:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1510 View Post

They were originally looking into the RBC pavilion space along with flagship Alexander McQueen and Bottega Veneta stores but not anymore

Since Simons already has a location in Park Royal and NM has yet to open a location here yet, this would seem like a good location or maybe they could take over the Bay as after all, that is to be redeveloped too. There was supposedly a sale last year but it apparently collaspsed
Man HBC is going to squander the chance to bring Saks to the market if NM comes in.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1510 View Post

Neiman Marcus has been in a precarious financial position for a https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost.c...edit-firm/amp/

I’d also be very curious as to how an application from Holborn is received at city hall given the fiasco at Little Mountain.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 5:12 PM

Too bad about the video not being what they are going with. That would have been quite something and even internationally recognisable. All of OMA's tower projects are just stacked boxes. The leaked rendering also looks a lot like Oakridge, just worse.

Really excited about height that we might see here, as it looks like it would be the new tallest tower in Downtown.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Neiman Marcus has been in a precarious financial position for a https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost.c...edit-firm/amp/

I’d also be very curious as to how an application from Holborn is received at city hall given the fiasco at Little Mountain.
Yeah, maybe saks could be a contender

Last edited by bb1510; Feb 2, 2020 at 5:12 AM.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 1:14 AM

Urban YVR has basically rehashed all the info in this thread about the Holborn proposal.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
Urban YVR has basically rehashed all the info in this thread about the Holborn proposal.
Really? I've never seen those renderings before.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
Really? I've never seen those renderings before.
I think he means they've summarized what was posted in this thread.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 1:57 AM

So don’t even bother looking at or getting excited over the renderings of the curved design with an observation deck?

Of course in Vancouver it has been watered down to a basic condo tower (if I am reading this thread correctly, not sure if we are talking about different projects now).

So now this project only has height.

Given that I am not even going to get excited over that.

The city is going to chop this tower in half especially if there is no “justification” for it.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
So now this project only has height.

Given that I am not even going to get excited over that.

The city is going to chop this tower in half especially if there is no “justification” for it.
Yeah this one is going to be pretty lame after the city chops it down. Just another tabletop condo is what it's going to end up as. Just look at the post office building. Of all the properties that should've been a much taller development. Once again it's archaic city policy and viewcones ruining what would've been an amazing development.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 5:04 AM

*Pressed wrong button*

Old Posted Feb 2, 2020, 5:04 AM

*Ignore, accidentally clicked quote*

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver