HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 20, 2013, 1:51 AM

Old Posted Jul 20, 2013, 5:55 PM

Nearby City Scape Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
WESTBEV93 - Others do tend to treat Cityscape like some kind of unsolvable Rubics Cube or maze.
What is the status of that Medical Records Co. or whatever it was that suppose to take up the entire building where the police museum use to be? Was that guy legit and is there an update on that? Seems like that would have bought a some more bodies downtown at least for the lunch hour. Downtown Phoenix always seems to loose out on Corporations that could make a huge impact like the Apollo Group building their high rise off of the 10/17 and 32nd St and now State Farm taking 2.5 million square feet at the Tempe Town Lake. Who is doing the promo for DT PHX?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 3:07 PM

Cityscape from 3rd/Jefferson

Took a couple shots from the LR station at 3rd/Jefferson yesterday afternoon.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 4:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsRider View Post

Looking good! The two buildings look great together and the apartment building above the Palomar has really made a difference and has some real presence! Cool.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 5:41 PM

Yeah I love the slenderness of the apartment building from that angle, looks great.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2013, 6:01 PM

Looks Great!

Those are nice shots from that angle. This building is making a bigger impact on the skyline than I thought it would!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 4:07 AM

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 3:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ1970 View Post
Those are nice shots from that angle. This building is making a bigger impact on the skyline than I thought it would!
Yeah I agree, looks good. Just imagine the view after two more towers are built on the lot next to Colliers and another hotel on the south side of the Colliers block.

It'll be years probably decade+, but still so much developable land for DT to continue to transform.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2013, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Yeah I agree, looks good. Just imagine the view after two more towers are built on the lot next to Colliers and another hotel on the south side of the Colliers block.

It'll be years probably decade+, but still so much developable land for DT to continue to transform.
A decade + would be pathetic. The hotel next to Colliers seems to be the closest to breaking ground next. Isn't the vacant lot east of CityScape supposed to break ground by 2015 if they want tax breaks?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 4:41 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
A decade + would be pathetic. The hotel next to Colliers seems to be the closest to breaking ground next. Isn't the vacant lot east of CityScape supposed to break ground by 2015 if they want tax breaks?
Heres whats pathetic, The hotel pad at the collier center has been sitting there empty for, what 15 years? I don't fully understand why nothing has been built considering all the foundation work is complete. What a prime piece of DT!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsRider View Post

That looks great. Love this building.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 3:01 AM

What looks to be another big electric sign appears to be going up on the corner where the yogurt place is. The steel framework is up.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 1:53 PM

Pic from inside the US Airways Center

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 4:25 PM
BANNED

That looks great!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2013, 11:01 PM

Not the greatest pictures, but I didn't want to cause a wreck. Wish there was street-side parking along the Luhrs retail.

Does the Sushi restaurant open up to Jefferson? Still hoping that block can turn around in the end from dreadful (only service and garage openings) to salvageable (hotel and apartment entrances, maybe Sushi?).

Anyway, here they are. So glad these apartments were built. Aside from the obvious impact on foot traffic and population, the addition turned an eyesore into a unique, modern-looking midrise that isn't embarrassing to be on our 0,0 point.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2013, 5:59 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Anyway, here they are. So glad these apartments were built. Aside from the obvious impact on foot traffic and population, the addition turned an eyesore into a unique, modern-looking midrise that isn't embarrassing to be on our 0,0 point.

Nah its still embarrassing. The building is so grey and hideous. It desperately needs some colored awnings to give it some variety, as well as shade the windows.

And like you said, the ground floor with all the crazy garage entrances, its just a mess.

Hopefully we'll learn our lesson for the future (unlikely) and preserve our alleys. Otherwise we'll have more and more inward facing projects like CityScape and Arizona Center and our actual streets will continue to devolve into automotive sewers.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2013, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
Nah its still embarrassing. The building is so grey and hideous. It desperately needs some colored awnings to give it some variety, as well as shade the windows.
I actually like the color scheme and the amenities. I do like the way the colorful marques and awnings look against the gray and blue.

What I do not like are the massive entrances to the garage, so no disagreement there. And yes, developers need to build storefronts and entrances along streets and sidewalks. I'm not against courtyards and plazas since they are traditional southwest design elements that offer shade when done correctly. Plazas and courtyards should not be an excuse to leave street facing façades as blank walls. The blank walls on Jefferson are hideous. The best areas of Cityscape are along Central and 1st Street.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2013, 12:05 AM

Yep, I think we can all agree the design sucks from a ground-level perspective. My point was simply that being left with 1 office building and the low rise Palomar would've been a disaster. These apartments at least transformed that Palomar building into something less offensive visually and gave us a second structure within the project that can be seen along the skyline.

My issues with what's been done to Jefferson have documented several times in this thread.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
What looks to be another big electric sign appears to be going up on the corner where the yogurt place is. The steel framework is up.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2013, 11:09 PM

Just a guy living on the edge.

The Penthouse floors are getting spiral stair cases, 4 in all so far for the northside.

They just put up the red iron bars yesterday & today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest