HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

360 10th Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 8:45 PM

Was at a housewarming party over the weekend and ended up chatting, briefly, with an architect at SOM who alluded to this project and said he was actively working on it, and it sounded like shovels were in the ground or at least close to it.

Sounds like this movement is legit.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2023, 9:05 PM
Show me the blueprints

Does anyone on here know if there was an attempt to acquire 450 W 31st? I can't believe a fairly skinny supertall is going to rise while that dump persists.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Does anyone on here know if there was an attempt to acquire 450 W 31st? I can't believe a fairly skinny supertall is going to rise while that dump persists.
360 10th has always been its own site.

But to me, any little bit of masonry helps in this area, so 450 doesn't bother me. If they end up replacing all the windows on 450 with new casements like they've already started to do- then it will look a lot better.

Moreso I'm waiting for that tiny Dyer avenue hotel to start construction. That's a key little site.

To me DOT should really redesign 30th street/the lincoln tunnel ramps between 9th & 10th now that the highline bridge is done. There's two lanes of parking on the center island, and you could make a much more inviting pedestrian path from 9th avenue now.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 3:12 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post

But to me, any little bit of masonry helps in this area, so 450 doesn't bother me. If they end up replacing all the windows on 450 with new casements like they've already started to do- then it will look a lot better.

Moreso I'm waiting for that tiny Dyer avenue hotel to start construction. That's a key little site.

To me DOT should really redesign 30th street/the lincoln tunnel ramps between 9th & 10th now that the highline bridge is done. There's two lanes of parking on the center island, and you could make a much more inviting pedestrian path from 9th avenue now.

i'm sure more is in the works for that w30th stretch. no intel, but i can't imagine there not being considering its such wasted space.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 3:37 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post

Going to have to differ. In a vacuum I suppose, but the building is mediocre at best and unsightly at worst considering that Dyer Av was carved out for the tunnel and exposed the rear side of 450 which is anything but aesthetically pleasing. To me it's nearly unimaginable how the owners of the 360 lot couldn't see the opportunity for a much larger and cohesive development if 450 was bought out. 450 adds nothing IMO, masonry or not. I see zero charm.

As for the "current" design of 360 mark me down as skeptical this is what will be built. The footprint is small. the floorplates after the core will be much smaller than what is currently considered standard large sizes in modern office buildings. Now if 450 was bought and razed that would be a different story.

I'm leaving room for something to change with these plans down the road.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 1, 2023, 3:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post
Finally some news about this project. We went from 730,000 square feet to 1 million.
Keep in mind the 1 msf is probably the total size of the tower. That 730,000 sf is what it's zoned for, not counting mechanical which doesn't count in zoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
i'm sure more is in the works for that w30th stretch. no intel, but i can't imagine there not being considering its such wasted space.

Well there is that hotel that's planned on the eastern side.

https://www.pincusco.com/arisa-realt...ns-were-filed/

Arisa Realty permitted 220-key hotel in Hudson Yards, seven years after plans were filed

November 12, 2021

Quote:
Arisa Realty, on March 20, received a permit for construction of a 220-unit, 95,326-square-foot hotel at 432 West 31st Street in Hudson Yards.

Some renders here...
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...&postcount=688

DOB
https://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/J...ssdocnumber=06

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2023, 4:04 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 1:45 AM
New Yorker for life

For site reference. These are older shotes.

SomePhotosTakenByMe

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 12:45 AM
Mulan M.

https://mccourtpartners.com/who-we-are/

"360 Tenth Avenue is a one-million-square-foot Class A office tower strategically located between two of the most recent and successful large-scale development projects in New York City: Hudson Yards and Manhattan West. It will directly connect to the expanded High Line greenway and the new Moynihan Train Hall in Pennsylvania Station.

The project is undergoing design iterations as a state-of-the-art LEED platinum office building with the latest environmental, health and safety components for optimum user performance and wellness. Pre-leasing activities are expected to launch in 1Q23, with construction to commence in 2024.“

https://mccourtpartners.com/portfolio/360-tenth-avenue/

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 1:12 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
The project is undergoing design iterations as a state-of-the-art LEED platinum office building with the latest environmental, health and safety components for optimum user performance and wellness. Pre-leasing activities are expected to launch in 1Q23, with construction to commence in 2024.

We shall see. Somebody tell McCourt this is also Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 1:34 AM
Show me the blueprints

Where is that sketch image from? Official or homemade?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 5:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Where is that sketch image from? Official or homemade?
That's from their website.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 5:56 PM
Show me the blueprints

Ahh ok. It's just that it wasn't linked and it showed hosted by YIMBY so I wasn't sure.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 6:10 PM

That design is would fit in here in S. Florida on the beach or Brickell in Miami.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 7:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Ahh ok. It's just that it wasn't linked and it showed hosted by YIMBY so I wasn't sure.
I'm seeing the link above, it's how I got to it.

https://mccourtpartners.com/who-we-are/

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 7:05 PM
Show me the blueprints

The larger image in this post above: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...&postcount=189 must be resized and re-hosted cause it didn't link to the official site.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2024, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That's from their website.

Looks about 350 meters tall. The Edge observation deck is about that height

Old Posted Jan 14, 2024, 7:08 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanBrokenChatBots View Post
Looks about 350 meters tall. The Edge observation deck is about that height
It's much closer in the view, so more like 300 meters. The angle distorts it.

Compare it to the 880 foot high 10 HY which is around the same position, or even still a little behind.

The highest floor looks ~900 feet.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2024, 8:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
The larger image in this post above: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...&postcount=189 must be resized and re-hosted cause it didn't link to the official site.

It's the same image, which answered your question.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 9:04 PM
New Yorker for life

One of our artists can add 360 10th Avenue to these images...

https://youtu.be/JjM1HZ2Gp94?si=nMk78oUWKFnd9oFu

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals