HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Boardwalk at Bricktown - Legends Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Oklahoma City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 12:29 PM

Did someone say downtown OKC was dead ?

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/71585878007/

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 5:04 PM

There is no way that this proposed 134-story skyscraper will ever see the day in the Oklahoma City skyline. For one it will not be approved by the FAA. It’s simply not feasible in the OKC environmental conditions and that poses a threat to air traffic as well. Not to mention the experience of severe weather conditions that plague OKC. This proposal is to get attention to the smaller high rise development for Bricktown.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW View Post
There is no way that this proposed 134-story skyscraper will ever see the day in the Oklahoma City skyline. For one it will not be approved by the FAA. It’s simply not feasible in the OKC environmental conditions and that poses a threat to air traffic as well. Not to mention the experience of severe weather conditions that plague OKC. This proposal is to get attention to the smaller high rise development for Bricktown.
Your wrong, downtown OKC is not near an airport. FAA height restrictions are considered when they are in given mile proximity to an airport. I think the developer will pull this off, maybe a little shorter and a different location.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 7:04 PM

The Devon tower showed the U.S. that OKC can go tall. But the Devon tower had a bunch of capital behind it, this is... ehhh.

I predict this will go ahead but incredibly downsized or have a large construction timeline. Midrises breaking ground in 2025 and the supertall in 2035 if there aren't any economic shakeups.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
Your wrong, downtown OKC is not near an airport. FAA height restrictions are considered when they are in given mile proximity to an airport. I think the developer will pull this off, maybe a little shorter and a different location.
Like 91 stories and 1,150 tall. may seem more possible or likely than 134 stories and 1,750 feet tall If they do build it I would think adding a 650 footer, 700 footer and a 750 footer to balance out the skyline Like one guy said tne.Devon Tower does stick out like a sore thumb but it is gorgeous. It would probably still be the tallest building in the US west of Chicago.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
Like 91 stories and 1,150 tall. may seem more possible or likely than 134 stories and 1,750 feet tall If they do build it I would think adding a 650 footer, 700 footer and a 750 footer to balance out the skyline Like one guy said tne.Devon Tower does stick out like a sore thumb but it is gorgeous. It would probably still be the tallest building in the US west of Chicago.
I guess if they wanted to they could divide the tower and make an 80 story 1,050 feet tall building and a 54 story 700 foot building. Even at 1050 feet it would be the tallest building in the plain states rivaling Houston's 75 story 1002 foot Chase Tower.

Last edited by Shakespeare2016; Dec 21, 2023 at 10:32 PM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Did someone say downtown OKC was dead ?

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/71585878007/
Downtown Wichita is dead. Though there is a small skyscraper downtown there is no observation area of any kind. This is witat passes me off about the politics of Wichita nothing ever gets done. I was in our tallest building in Wichita and in the state of Kansas and it is usually completely dead at the lobby level. The building is st least completely full with tenants although. If something could be put on the roof that would be much better than nothing. If a building cannot be built Herr because of what is said that a skyscraper that is like a 43 story 550-600 foot building wouldn't be able to reach full capacity because we don't have enough people to fill it Then what about an icon that is like 580 feet tall to the tip and 500 feet to the observation area. So before anyone says downtown OKC is dead come to Wichita and you will see what dead is. To top it all off Wichita is the largest city in Kansas and are CSA(Combined Statistical Area) has a little over 800,000 people.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 5:07 AM
Everywhere all at once

This feels like a deliberate overshot in order to land at a compromising height in the final proposal that is still a very tall landmark building. Hypothetically, if this is shortened to 1,200 ft., it would still be a staggering tall building for Oklahoma City and that may be what the developer is hoping for anyway..

Last edited by NYC2ATX; Dec 25, 2023 at 5:38 AM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
This feels like a deliberate overshot in order to land at a compromising height in the final proposal that is still a very tall landmark building. Hypothetically, if this is shortened to 1,200 ft., it would still be a staggering tall building for Oklahoma City and that may be what the developer is hoping for anyway..
I was thinking maybe 91 floors and 1,200 feet tall might be doable. It does seem still to be pushing it though. This would still end up being the tallest building in the US outside of Chicago and New York. If they wouldn't mind they could use the other 43 stories and 550 feet to build a large tower here in Wichita. We really need it. I am sure there is enough people in the Wichita metro to fill a mixed used building in the downtown area. Make some of the higher floors for affordable renting, a grocery store, a penthouse, office space and an observation deck on one of the highest floors. The CSA for Wichita is over 800,000 people. :

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 8:27 AM

Not to be a Debby downer but I can't picture a 1,700 ft skyscraper in OKC. Maybe in 100 years? Perhaps, but not in this economy.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Confidence is high in Phase I. Solid developer and $200 million in TIF funds.
Do you know what he has built previously? I can’t find much on the developers previous work. Only small retail structures.No website…says a lot in itself.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 12:30 PM
Sea™/Ciudad™

Location: Dallas.TX Previously:Seattle/San Diego/Chicago/New London/Portsmouth
At least the dream tower isn't office space. PC Load Letter.

It's almost like the developer has been an SSP lurker for 20 years and knows to be cooler than the other side of the pillow and not go office, and, also say fuck it and go high or go home. Home being, ok ok, I'll compromise for 500 Alex.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTroyMathis View Post
… PC Load Letter.
What the fuck does that mean?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Not to be a Debby downer but I can't picture a 1,700 ft skyscraper in OKC. Maybe in 100 years? Perhaps, but not in this economy.
Would a 1,750 footer be feasible anywhere in the world outside of Dubai or KL ?

But it’s good for publicity and, if built at as little as one-third the height, would provide a nice counter-balance to Devon.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Do you know what he has built previously? I can’t find much on the developers previous work. Only small retail structures.No website…says a lot in itself.
Plenty of talk about the developer on OKC Talk. And an OKC record $200 million in TIF says the city’s convinced.

Overlooked, the much shorter phase I is a game changer in itself ith towers up to 35 stories and 80k retail.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Could you picture a 43 story 600 foot building or a largw icon in downtown Wichita, Kansas. I have been working on a petition and I don't care if I half to fight the city officials or the billionaire class there. I have left a dozen videos on my petition as well. I am tired of watching Wichita decay. Even if the money had to be raised through a fund or something like that that no one could touch. Are tallest building is 22 to 24 stories 385 feet to the iconic sloped roof and maybe a tad over 400 feet to the tallest antenna. Sorry for getting off topic but I am sick and tired of all the promises from groups to bring something here and there always failed promises. Wichita has a CSA(Combined Statistical Area) of just over 800,000 people so we are certainly are at least a mid sized metro. I have a petition and thought maybe this could also for OKC but my city as well. Anybody worldwide can sign the petition and you do not have to pay a single penny that is totally optional. https://www.change.org/p/the-wichita...rofile_started

As far this petition goes I am intrigued by it but I am not sure if building a 134 story 1,750 foot building would be ideal for OKC. Their CSA is around 1,500,000 or a tad bit more than that. I think maybe though there might be a possibility of a 90 to 100 story 1,150 to 1,250 feet tall building being built. That would end up being one of the tallest buildings in the United States just outside of Chicago and New York. As much as I love really tall buildings I don't believe I would want a building that tall in my city. There isn't enough people in my metro area to ever need something that big. Now I do think there is a decent possibility it may be able to happen in OKC as they have nearly double the people than our CSA.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 9:08 PM

Quote:

But it’s good for publicity and, if built at as little as one-third the height, would provide a nice counter-balance to Devon.
I tend to think if they end up building it may be need to be shortened by 500 to 600 feet and a couple 650 footers and a 750 footer to balance the skyline. There could be just enough demand there to have one of the tallest buildings in the US outside of Chicago and NYC. They would certainly have a lot of bragging rights if a building
that tall is built. A guy who works at Vast once told me that the Devon Tower was first planned to be around 1,100 feet.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 10:00 PM

Quote:

NYC, Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Shenzhen, Mecca, Seoul etc

Old Posted Dec 23, 2023, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
NYC, Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Shenzhen, Mecca, Seoul etc
Can’t build higher than 499 meters in China and even that’s a stretch. NYC ? Now ? Probably not. Seoul hasn’t had any luck with a tallie since Lotte. Mecca ? Maybe.

Did you get my point at all ?

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 12:24 AM

What is everyone this year wanting for Christmas? All I want for Christmas is a 43 story 600 foot skyscraper with all expenses paid for the rest of my life. So everyone needs to start chipping in.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects