HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Boardwalk at Bricktown - Legends Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Oklahoma City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
ah yes, a fantastic view of... oklahoma
Dog why are you hating so much. Downtown OKC really isn't that bad. It's not NYC and it's not an urban paradise true, but it's not hell on earth.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 3:52 PM
クラブトクヨ

I've been to the Vast and the view..... is umm something... OKC is pretty darn flat and treeless.

Tulsa has a prettier landscape. Too bad they never get anything.

Anyway, I will give credit to OKC for at least trying to do something with what little they have. The super tall proposal is a complete joke though. Not happening.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 4:35 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Man! Don't think it will happen at this height, but boy oh boy I'd love to see it!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 7:22 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
Man! Don't think it will happen at this height, but boy oh boy I'd love to see it!
I agree, it's the ambition I dig the most.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 7:40 PM
你的媽媽

Realistically speaking, who would live here? Does OKC have enough HNWIs to fill this tower up?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Realistically speaking, who would live here? Does OKC have enough HNWIs to fill this tower up?
Maybe they're looking for a mix of local buyers and investors/out-of-state individuals.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 9:05 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
Dog why are you hating so much. Downtown OKC really isn't that bad. It's not NYC and it's not an urban paradise true, but it's not hell on earth.
Haha I dont mean to be a hater, just injecting some sarcasm about the idea of incredible views. Ive never been to Oklahoma so dont take me too seriously.

Having lived in STL for 10 years, though, I have extensive firsthand experience with going to the top of a tall structure (arch, city museum, rooftop bars, etc) and seeing, well.. oof. OKC definitely doesnt seem as bleak-looking as Wichita or Topeka, both of which I've been to many times. Arkansas and southern MO, which ive also been to, are stunningly beautiful and I imagine eastern Oklahoma is something roughly between Arkansas and Kansas

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 10:20 PM
Pragmatism at its finest!

This is the bong water of pipe dreams.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
I nyself love OKC and there is quite a but of things to do. If you think that is bad come to Wichita, KS. Wichita, KS is ok but it is surrounded by Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, and Oklahoma which has at least one building that is 600+ feet tall. even Des Moines, IA has a building that is 630 feet tall. Our tallest building the Epic Center is 320 feet to the top most occupied floor, 385 feet tall to the tip of the iconic sloped roof, and 400 feet if you count the highest antenna. 400 feet is rather tall imo as I think it is typically the legal height in which you can fly a drone. It is really tall on the tallest side of the building and is also quite massive. Wichita is really quiet and it probably could use an icon that is like 550 to 580 feet to the tip and 500 feet to the observation area. I would like something around the height of the San Jacinto Tower near Houston, TX. I want the top to be in the shape of an airplane because Wichita is the air capital of the world. I have a petition but no one seems interested.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Haha I dont mean to be a hater, just injecting some sarcasm about the idea of incredible views. Ive never been to Oklahoma so dont take me too seriously.

Having lived in STL for 10 years, though, I have extensive firsthand experience with going to the top of a tall structure (arch, city museum, rooftop bars, etc) and seeing, well.. oof. OKC definitely doesnt seem as bleak-looking as Wichita or Topeka, both of which I've been to many times. Arkansas and southern MO, which ive also been to, are stunningly beautiful and I imagine eastern Oklahoma is something roughly between Arkansas and Kansas
I went to St. Louis in early January of 2021. It is a nice city and has a beautiful skyline but the crime rate there sounds like it is out of control. When me and my brother fwas finished touring the Gateway Arch some guy screamed at us to get over there We ran and he chased us all the way back to our hotel which was the Hilton. However your skyline is perfect and it is not too big or not too small. at least for someone like me. The massive 42 story 593 feet One Metropolitan Square, the massive AT&T Building at 44 stories and 588 feet, and the Gateway Arch at 630 feet are the gems of your skyline. There was also some other buildings that were really nice and went well with your skyline. If you like you can come to Wichita and help me with trying to build a building or icon 580 feet tall. I also wanted to mention I loved that restaurant Chris AT The Docket.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Raymond View Post
This is the bong water of pipe dreams.
Thanks for dropping by.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
I've been to the Vast and the view..... is umm something... OKC is pretty darn flat and treeless.

Tulsa has a prettier landscape. Too bad they never get anything.

Anyway, I will give credit to OKC for at least trying to do something with what little they have. The super tall proposal is a complete joke though. Not happening.
I wish i had a way to steal the BOK Tower in downtown Tulsa but it would probably be too big for the Wichita skyline even if it were possible. Once I am around buildings that are 400 to 800 feet tall that tends to make me feel good. If they are bigger that is definitely fine as well but they do not necessarily have to be gigantic 1000+ foot buildings for me to be happy.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Thanks for dropping by.

Charlotte, NC has a nice skyline.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
Charlotte, NC has a nice skyline.
Thanks, it’s very respectable for its size.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
I actually don't mind the Devon Tower. I can see why people hate it because it sticks out like a sore thumb, but at least that tower is somewhat close to the downtown core buildings. This thing is really not surrounded by anything, so it will look way out of place.

However it is a beautiful sore thumb.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks, it’s very respectable for its size.

If they added a 550 footer building or icon then I think my city would be almost perfect.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Arkansas and southern MO, which ive also been to, are stunningly beautiful and I imagine eastern Oklahoma is something roughly between Arkansas and Kansas
This is eastern Oklahoma in the Ouachita Mountains south of Tulsa.

Natural Falls East of Tulsa

And Broken Bow in southeast Oklahoma

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 3:17 AM

Paris needs to tear down the Eiffel Tower. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 3:43 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Paris needs to tear down the Eiffel Tower. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
i actually have a petition in support of this if you guys wanna sign it

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 7:16 AM

Quote:
i actually have a petition in support of this if you guys wanna sign it
I will sign it. I have one as well. I can share yours and if you don't mind could you please share mine.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects