HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 3:06 PM

The Pier

Can anyone confirm if they are building both towers, or just the podium and first tower?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Can anyone confirm if they are building both towers, or just the podium and first tower?
If you look at that aerial image CB1 posted and zoom in on the pier, you can see that the entire garage footprint is compete, the East Podium they are forming the 4th floor and the West Podium the have poured the 1st floor columns only.

I don't know for certain, but I would assume they are going to finish the East Podium before they start the West Podium floors, then complete the East tower before they start the West tower that way they can reuse the same forms instead of purchasing supplies for two sets.

The documents mention Phase 1 and Phase 2, but since the entire garage is complete and the West already has first floor columns, I would highly doubt the 2nd tower is far behind. Seems like more construction phasing and logistics than a true phased development.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 4:20 PM

999 Playa Del Norte:

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 8:01 PM

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 1:17 AM

Speaking of the Pier, they’re putting up form work for the 5th floor floor-plate. They haven’t done anything on the middle podium or west side tower since they’ve been going full go on the east tower. I run by the place once a week when I run around the lake. They’ve done almost 3 floors since the new year. I would call this a full go. Finally.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
If you look at that aerial image CB1 posted and zoom in on the pier, you can see that the entire garage footprint is compete, the East Podium they are forming the 4th floor and the West Podium the have poured the 1st floor columns only.

I don't know for certain, but I would assume they are going to finish the East Podium before they start the West Podium floors, then complete the East tower before they start the West tower that way they can reuse the same forms instead of purchasing supplies for two sets.

The documents mention Phase 1 and Phase 2, but since the entire garage is complete and the West already has first floor columns, I would highly doubt the 2nd tower is far behind. Seems like more construction phasing and logistics than a true phased development.
I seem to recall reading something here that suggested only one of the towers was going up for now. That the second tower base would be built up to the 4th floor until they were ready to permit and build it.

We’ve only seen the permit for the garage/base and one tower, right?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
I seem to recall reading something here that suggested only one of the towers was going up for now. That the second tower base would be built up to the 4th floor until they were ready to permit and build it.

We’ve only seen the permit for the garage/base and one tower, right?
I thought the developer was quoted as saying they would build the second tower based on how leasing went with the first one.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 3:33 PM

Talking

That seems incredibly inefficient. I mean, you lease up one tower then the residents living there have to spend another decade or two hearing construction noises everyday as they build the second

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
That seems incredibly inefficient. I mean, you lease up one tower then the residents living there have to spend another decade or two hearing construction noises everyday as they build the second
Yea, agreed. Way to have zero confidence as the developer. These will go like hot cakes. Look at West 6th. Maybe build tower A, then start tower B when A is complete, but to say they are waiting for leasing is ridiculous.

I really hope we hear something on South Pier soon. That rendering was absolutely amazing and the Ferris wheel on the pier was awesome. This could go a long way to establishing the South side of the lake as a real luxury apartment, condo and office area. Our own little Miami.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2021, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Yea, agreed. Way to have zero confidence as the developer. These will go like hot cakes. Look at West 6th. Maybe build tower A, then start tower B when A is complete, but to say they are waiting for leasing is ridiculous.

I really hope we hear something on South Pier soon. That rendering was absolutely amazing and the Ferris wheel on the pier was awesome. This could go a long way to establishing the South side of the lake as a real luxury apartment, condo and office area. Our own little Miami.
Well there are a few projects around there in limbo right? We have the original Mirabella senior tower there...not sure if thats still going to happen despite Mirabella's success (even though I think it's a different developer?), you also have that 10 story office BTS that was announced. It sounded like they had a tenant lined up but I have not heard anything since?

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 6:02 PM

As others have mentioned, the Pier appears to have finally turned a corner:

And here is the skybridge for Park Place at Terrace/Apache"

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 6:54 PM

Great photo updates! Thanks!! The rounded edges of the pier is going too looks great and so unique. Once this thing at least hits floor 10 then I'll be a believer in its progress

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Great photo updates! Thanks!! The rounded edges of the pier is going too looks great and so unique. Once this thing at least hits floor 10 then I'll be a believer in its progress
Funny that was the first thing I noticed too -- how nice an unusual it is here to see not square edge concrete pours.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintur View Post
Anyone know if the ISTB7 webcam has just given out or they aren't updating the feed anymore? I think that was pretty much the last live look at Tempe development that now seems to be gone.
It's working again today. Not sure when it came back, but it was offline for a while there after the last storm.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/inde...94487673&HLS=1

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 8:33 PM

100 Mill is getting girthy:

A+mosphere crane came down today:

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 3:47 PM

Tempe annexation of 'diamond in the rough' could pave way for new development

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...velopment.html

Quote:
Tempe City Councilwoman Jennifer Adams said many north Tempe residents complained to her about the condition of the area when she was campaigning for her seat on the city council in 2018. She said they wanted the city to do something to clean the property up.

She said she told constituents she would work to get the area, north of Loop 202 between Scottsdale and Miller roads, annexed into the city. Annexation was something that had been tried before but was never successful until the city council approved it on Feb. 11.

Adams said the annexation was finally approved, in part, because of the efforts of land use attorney Charles Huellmantel, who represents Los Angeles-based developer Banyan Residential. The developer is planning to build a 650-unit apartment and retail complex on the 17 acres.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 4:21 PM
Skyriser

DRC packet for the above:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=86011

Good to see that area turn around.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 7:03 PM

Wow! This will be a huge improvement, that land is highly underutilized as is.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Wow! This will be a huge improvement, that land is highly underutilized as is.
Definitely. And as the article says hopefully this is the impetus for annexation of the rest of the county island. Selfishly for myself, it would also be nice if increased development in that area motivated the city to complete the pedestrian bridge on that side of the lake that they've talked about (but which I don't think is currently in any serious stage of planning).

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 9:49 PM

Mirabella is officially complete. Now that the omni lot is clear of staging equipment, the Omni start may be imminent... still shows in building permit review on the tempe development tracker.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/c...abella-at-asu/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest