HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Dec 30, 2008, 11:54 PM

Silvercity Hamilton Mountain

Big disappointment!!
So I went to the new theatre today at noonish (Tues) matinee what a crock of crap. It was backed up at the door for admission but the real disappointment was the concession line up. My wife waited 25 mins for pop and popcorn. I'm not talking prime rib or home made pizza.
If you pay a $10 buck for admission and huge marked up popcorn. What is scooping out and handing out pop and $$$$$$ popcorn. The manager said she didn't expect that many people, well it looks like a goldmine and the service and movie experience was horrible. No wonder home theatre and DVDs are a better option. Maybe they rushed the opening and should train more staff.
As a side note I don't understand just how stupid or selfish people can be. Some people were sitting in their seats and laid their coats over the seats in front of them. The show VALKRIE was getting packed and I assumed that the seats may be saved so I asked, No they just wanted one seat for them and one for their coats.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainbiking View Post
The manager said she didn't expect that many people, well it looks like a goldmine and the service and movie experience was horrible.
Yeah, who would think that a movie theatre would be busy during the day over the Christmas break when all kinds of new releases and with all the kids and many adults out of school and work?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2008, 11:17 AM

redeeming gesture

After all these years, we do not take service lightly. The good, we tip well and in some cases call over the manager.
The bad, we don't tip and will speak to the manager so they could maybe not subject this treatment to others.
I spoke to the manager at the Ancaster Montana's (free appetizers) and emailed corporate Montana's once and got $50 gift certificate. Same issue; Friday night too many patrons and slow staff and service. Appetizers got there with the meal, and the meal was burnt on the top from the heat lamps,
At Silvercity this time 4 free movies passes as my wife missed the previews and the first 10 mins of the movie.
So you pay for a service don't accept anything less.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 1:27 AM

I went there on Christmas and it was absolutely packed... everything was sold out. It won't always be like that, but it just opened so lots of people want to check it out and a crapload of movies have recently come out.

It looks really nice though, they did a nice job designing it.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 12:30 PM

Men's washroom

The one flaw I noted was after the show I wanted to use the washroom. The ladies room is right at the entrance to either wing. These are marked with a large peice of wall with "Women" I could see the male. It is tucked in behind with the wall marked real hard to see. I could see the ladies room quicker in the opposite wing.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 11:34 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

what I love most about this. Is the name "Hamilton Mountain Silver City". All the Satellite City residents love to say "We're not Hamilton, We're STONEY CREEK". Ha I guess you are Hamilton. which is true. Who is you property tax cheque 'payable to" ________________.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2009, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
what I love most about this. Is the name "Hamilton Mountain Silver City". All the Satellite City residents love to say "We're not Hamilton, We're STONEY CREEK". Ha I guess you are Hamilton. which is true. Who is you property tax cheque 'payable to" ________________.
I know someone from Winona who likes to play this card. I said, no honey.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2009, 6:13 PM
It's Hammer Time

It's strange since the Cineplex isn't really on Hamilton Mountain. The proper term is Stoney Creek Mountain.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
It's strange since the Cineplex isn't really on Hamilton Mountain. The proper term is Stoney Creek Mountain.
I don't think it's strange at all. The name seems fine to me. Stoney Creek is technically in Hamilton and the theatre is right at the boundary anyway.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2009, 12:08 AM

Stoney Creek or Hamilton

The same road has two names Stone Church (Hamilton) and Paramount(Stoney Creek). and the border was very close within a couple 100 metres to the intersection of Paramount and Upper Mount Albion, (Home Depot).

Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 12:13 AM
Closed account

I still say the old Comisso's would be a good place for an IMAX theatre.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 12:52 PM

Great location

This would be a great location for theatre period with two bus routes right there and the RedHill. Maybe an Encore facility like Burlington has.
This site is a great opportunity with the right business. Maybe a bowling alley or indoor sports like mini golf or soccer?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 4:21 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainbiking View Post
This would be a great location for theatre period with two bus routes right there and the RedHill. Maybe an Encore facility like Burlington has.
This site is a great opportunity with the right business. Maybe a bowling alley or indoor sports like mini golf or soccer?
Yes it is a great location for many things and already has lots of parking. Even though Park and GO is there, there still is lots of parking. And for the rec type businesses are usually busier after reg business hours.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy