HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 3:37 PM

Dysfunctional city representation

After that humiliating display of disloyalty by council to the current Mayor. At least, respect the position as he was elected by the majority of voting Hamilton. To publically disgrace him is disrespect to the average voter.
There are many aspects of leadership and loyalty is a big one. Like in a marriage, trust is the foundation of the relationship.
So all the aspiring future mayors do themselves a disservice because there is an old concept of "To be a good leader you have to be a good follower". Because we all answer to someone. If you can't follow your ELECTED leader then will anyone respect you enough to follow you should you attain that position.
I am not saying to vote for the glass foyer was wise and I am against it.
I am for City Mall not City Hall and some alderman are against that because of their personal parking at City mall.
Alderman must vote (all the time) what the people want. But to make such a show of the glass foyer vote and have the Mayor lose (so much) face is wrong. At least the guy had enough guts to stand up even though he knew it was a big loss.
City council has to work together and remember T.E.A.M. Together Everyone Accomplishs More.......
I lost alot of respect for my representative who asked for the standing vote.
I will not be voting for him again. To even consider the immature antics of the old guard is not good for Hamilton.
There is selfless and selfish and I see several who would NOT be good for Hamilton as it is all drama and posturing. These are not the attributes of a good mayor.
Time for a big change and maybe people should put out some feelers for furture employment.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 5:19 PM
Closed account

Well put.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy