HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 1:14 AM
Closed account

I got a notice in my electricity bill today about them changing the meters to energy savings. With me I don't think it's going to be a big difference since I live alone and I try and keep almost all lights off. And I don't do a lot of cooking. And I don't use my dryer very much.

Does anyone have one of these already? If so have you noticed much difference?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
It's Hammer Time

City backtracks on four-day work week

September 25, 2008
By Emma Reilly
The Hamilton Spectator

Less than three weeks after rejecting Councillor Sam Merulla's plan to look into four-day work weeks for city employees, council voted last night to go ahead with the study.

All it took was a few name changes, Merulla said.

Instead of "four-day work week," Merulla used "variable work schedule." Working from home, another option Merulla proposed that was initially rejected, was re-branded as "telecommuting."

"I just repackaged it and renamed it," Merulla said.

Merulla argued that four-day work weeks would save on energy costs and reduce commuting.

The motion was initially rejected 8-6 on Sept. 9. Last night, it passed 13-3.

The study should get underway in the near future, Merulla said. He hopes to see it implemented sometime the spring of 2009.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy