HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
This QTS data center development just reminded me of this:

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/2/5/...it-development

Here recently I've gotten the impression that the BeltLine preferred a mainline route along Marietta Blvd instead of through the data center site as shown in the master plan above. I guess there is nothing wrong with doing both, though.

We can also give up hope on the street grid being bolstered over there as well.
Yeah, that was my understanding as well. I would imagine this is going to be an extension of the Westside Beltline Connector rather than the Beltline itself.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizkit View Post

Sorry for massive size
So I'm guessing the buildings not labeled are Westside Paper?

Also, how long until they connect that portion of the Beltline to Westside Provisions/Howell Mill? Seems like a no brainer for all parties involved. The ability to walk from that area to Westside Park would be amazing.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post

Also, how long until they connect that portion of the Beltline to Westside Provisions/Howell Mill? Seems like a no brainer for all parties involved. The ability to walk from that area to Westside Park would be amazing.
I don't think there's ever been a plan to build the Beltline or a spur over to that area. The Master Plan for subarea 8, which includes that area, doesn't show any trail or transit connections.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post

I agree that would be amazing but it’s probably a three mile walk from Howell Mill to the park. I think it would suffice if they improve the sidewalks on W Marietta from king plow to the park. The park desperately needs an eastern entrance, even if it’s only accessible on foot.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserbuckhead View Post
I don't think there's ever been a plan to build the Beltline or a spur over to that area. The Master Plan for subarea 8, which includes that area, doesn't show any trail or transit connections.
That’s not the right SubArea, but also look at pages 9, 24, & 84.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizkit View Post
I agree that would be amazing but it’s probably a three mile walk from Howell Mill to the park.
The reservoir itself is only a little over a mile from Howell mill. A strait path would cut through the new data center and over the tracks on the W Marietta st bridge. Connecting to the proctor creek trail Near the substation.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
That’s not the right SubArea, but also look at pages 9, 24, & 84.
That is the right sub-area for White Provisions and none of those pages you called out show and trails leading from the Beltline to that area.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Yea, I am aware it’s not but it would make such a fantastic connection.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
The reservoir itself is only a little over a mile from Howell mill. A strait path would cut through the new data center and over the tracks on the W Marietta st bridge. Connecting to the proctor creek trail Near the substation.
That's true, but I was referencing current conditions. Plus I don't think a straight path is possible. Once you get to proctor creek you still have a mile to go before you are in the park as its currently designed. As far as I know, a direct connection from the Marietta Blvd section of the Beltline to proctor creek greenway or the park itself is not in the plans.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
That is the right sub-area for White Provisions and none of those pages you called out show and trails leading from the Beltline to that area.
Ah we are talking different sub areas. I’m talking QTS, the path that goes by, and Westside paper quoted at the beginning of ATLhwks original quote. You’re likely talking about Westside provisions specifically and not this project that everyone else at the end of the quote.

https://beltline.org/wp-content/uplo...aster-Plan.pdf

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLarchitect View Post
..The parking garage you reference is mostly retail and visitor parking. There is a level of parking below that level accessed via the WestMar access road that is more secure resident parking.
Here are 3 pics of the resident parking. They have a fence that makes taking a pics hard (small diamond openings) but is does look very sparse from what I could see and in the pics.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 4:31 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their sales came from investors.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 6:55 PM

New City Buys 19-Acre Site Near Future Microsoft Campus

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...nt-game-108560
Quote:
The developer behind 725 Ponce and the $1B Fourth Ward development has purchased a large site roughly a mile from the future Microsoft campus in Westside Atlanta.

New City Properties has acquired a 19-acre parcel at 930 W Marietta St for $15.7M. The seller is listed as Metro Atlanta Land Group LLC, a company that is registered to Gwendolyn Dean Dykes of Duluth.

The property was once home to a concrete recycling plant, but today remains largely vacant, except for a single empty warehouse building, New City President Jim Irwin told Bisnow.

The site abuts Westside Reservoir Park and is roughly a mile northeast of the Microsoft campus site in the Grove Park neighborhood. The area has become a target of new development in recent years since Microsoft purchased 90 acres from former baseball star Mark Teixeira, who had planned a large mixed-use development near the park called Quarry Yards.

“We don't yet have a specific plan,” Irwin told Bisnow.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Apr 19, 2021 at 7:18 PM.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Massive news. I can't wait to see what they have planned.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 9:29 PM

Developing land sandwiched between the Beltline and a park. New City has just the right experience for the land. The future of the Westside is unbelievably bright.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2021, 8:28 PM

Newport project could link the Beltline with Westside Park

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...onnection.html

Quote:
New City LLC recently purchased 19-acres between the multiuse trail — a powerful economic catalyst for Atlanta— and the new Westside Park. New City founder Jim Irwin does not know yet how he wants to redevelop the site and says he will depend on feedback from surrounding neighborhoods.

He does know there is not a convenient way to access the park from the east side along Marietta Boulevard. Irwin says his redevelopment could create that connection.

“Let’s bring public assets through," he told Atlanta Business Chronicle. "Let's help build a bridge between the project and the park."

Irwin wants to approach the redevelopment at 930 Marietta Blvd. with the same philosophy he's followed along the Beltline Eastside Trail, which includes projects such as Ponce City Market and 725 Ponce.

Irwin said the concept for the Westside Park connection is still in an early stage. New City is meeting with Grove Park and Howell Station community leaders and other stakeholders to determine the best access point to the 930 Marietta Blvd. development.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 4:29 PM

Peak Campus to develop Theory Interlock

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 4:50 PM

^^^^
meh? I mean, it's just...um...it's not horrible?

The grocery store is nice, though.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 10:30 PM

I like it very much, what do you guy's want in design???

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I like it very much, what do you guy's want in design???
the ends and the corner are fine. Everything else is just typical apartment design. Again, it's not bad. But, I think it needs a little work.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta