Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 3:50 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Waterfront plan is talk of the town
Tb News Source | Web Posted: 3/8/2007 7:49:39 PM
http://www.tbsource.com/Localnews/index.asp?cid=93368

Its generating a lot of interest. The public is finally getting to see a concrete plan for one of the city's most marketable but undeveloped features — its Lake Superior water frontage.

The waterfront committee's grand unveiling of their draft master plan for the city's waterfront took place to a packed Community Auditorium Wednesday night.

Over 2,000 people watched and listened as the waterfront development committee and the designer of the plan, gave a detailed description of the vision. While some residents enjoyed many aspects of the $100 million plan, others felt that it just wasn't suitable for Thunder Bay.

Many community members appear optimistic about the $100 million vision, but others question where the dollars will be coming from. The committee responsible for the plan says only a small percentage of that total will be paid for by city residents. Two 54-unit condos, a hotel and a new marina, two public piers, a market square and waterfront plaza, a skating pond and expanded festival space are some of the elements of the scheme.

Thunder Bay residents had a second opportunity Thursday to take a detailed look at the draft of what is called Prince Arthur's Landing at Marina Park. Residents packed an open house held at the CN Station at the Marina Thursday looking at developments expected for the 400 metre stretch of land right outside the building, stretching from Red River Road to Pearl Street.

Many people are quite satisfied with what could be in store for the park, others questioned where the money to pay for such a grand plan is coming from. Waterfront Development committee chair Mark Bentz says funding from the city has already been set aside in previous budgets, so the city doesn't have to tax extra for the plan.

Thunder Bay residents will have their final opportunity to voice any concerns or provide input on the Prince Arthur's Landing at Marina Park plan at a deputation session March 22 at City Hall. It will come just days before the committee requests council's approval on the master plan.
Haha, I have to go to City Hall on the 22nd for some legal bull with my landlord. If I can fix my camera by then I will "file a report".

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario