HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitites View Post
Is it me or is the Y not placed at the right spot on that sign.
Beat me to it. Terrible typography. Ruins the first impression of the whole business, imo.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 9:56 PM

This week's progress on the 2 superchargers @ 2600 Mountain road Petro-Can. The name brand is taped over so not sure what they are yet but they are not NBPower by looks of the colors.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 10:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Right next to the new IHOP. You'll be able to plug in and then go get some waffles!!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:51 PM

Or a Burger. It is a myth that they only serve pancakes and waffles according to a commercial I watched where I took this picture from my TV screen, a little blurry but they show 3 huge burgers.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The fate of that little industrial project on Cooke Drive in the MID West Industrial Park has been revealed.

It will be a small distribution centre and regional offices for Global Pet Food

It's a pretty high quality building actually. There must be a lot of money in pet food..........

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 10:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Moncton North YMCA - Current status:

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 6:42 PM
Adventure Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The fate of that little industrial project on Cooke Drive in the MID West Industrial Park has been revealed.

It will be a small distribution centre and regional offices for Global Pet Food

It's a pretty high quality building actually. There must be a lot of money on pet food..........
Wish I would have known this was a mystery building for your guys. I've known the whole time what was going on here. The building will be serving the entirety of NB as the owners are the Franchisees for all the Global Pet Foods in NB. They're opening a new store in Miramichi soon as well so they need the space.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutCat View Post
They're opening a new store in Miramichi soon ...
Pet food fight!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 1:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They mentioned on CBC Information Morning today that work should wrap up on the Twin Oaks extension to the Ryan Street roundabout within 4-5 weeks.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I heard an apartment building as well, but that was a completely unverified rumour. Rumours can be circular, and sometimes you will hear rumours from several different sources, but they all ultimately arose from the same unreliable source.

This is a strange location for an apartment building. It's basically an overgrown farmers field over a km beyond the edge of the current urban fringe.

It's a large construction site though.

We'll see............
Man were we ever wrong about that one... it's a large barn going up near the corner of Gorge and Front Mountain Rd.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 2:51 PM

Two weeks later update. Ihop appears to have come at a standstill again not much progress.

As for the EV fast Chargers at Petro-Pass they are almost done. They just need to Re-pave and paint the lines.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 10:19 AM

And in shocking news, Wrap City has closed its doors. I would NEVER have seen that coming considering the 0 to 1 car I saw parked there weekly.

Seriously though, that particular location is terrible for an eatery of any kind, I'm surprised that Thai Zone is still there as it's not much busier.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 11:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Agree 100%

This type of food outlet seems to do very poorly in that particular retail strip. A food business like this would be better suited to a downtown location, or along a street corridor with direct ingress/egress like Mountain Road.

That section of Mapleton is a commuter arterial from Wheeler to the TCH, with limited access, and with very few walk up patrons available from surrounding residential neighbourhoods.

The Mapleton Centre really has to think very carefully about what type of business they want located in this particular strip. I think a service type business would work best.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 2:19 PM

They're pretty much done with the Petro-Can EV fast charger. A few small things like surveillance cameras and wireless intercom and such.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 2:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is the wave of the future. If service stations are to survive (and they will survive), it will based on transitioning to having fast charger setups like this!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 3:57 PM

I foresee lots of ICE vehicle manufacturer bankruptcy within the next 5 years. Ford may be the first, Daimler Chrysler, Subaru then GM. Toyota, Honda and VW stand a chance to survive if they get their tucus in gear.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 6:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Maplehurst Middle School as seen from the Northwest Trail.

They have completed a trail around the periphery of the new sports field (just installed) but, as of yet, a connection between this trail and the Northwest Trail has not yet been begun. I'm sure a connection is planned, but since school opening is not until the winter semester, the city may not complete the connection until next summer.

The new sports field, with the Northwest Trail and the Moncton North water tower in the distance. The driveway for the school is almost ready for paving, and the sidewalk is nearly complete.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 10:20 AM

After a year+ of incessant racket from construction, it appears that the new Medavie building on Gorge is 99% finished. The landscape is done, signage is up, parking is paved (minus the lines) and the interior looks finished as well.

What I don't understand is they cut down probably 2.5x more trees down than they needed to for this property which is a damned, stupid shame... I don't know what they were thinking but I hope the city will force them to remediate some of the land they ruined only to turn around and not even touch it.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitites View Post
I foresee lots of ICE vehicle manufacturer bankruptcy within the next 5 years. Ford may be the first, Daimler Chrysler, Subaru then GM. Toyota, Honda and VW stand a chance to survive if they get their tucus in gear.
I think it's going to take a fair bit longer than 5 years for EVs to achieve even a substantial share of the vehicle market, let alone enough to put all those automakers out of business. And by the time EVs dominate, most of those brands will have their own on the market. There's absolutely no way that market-aware tech-savvy companies like Toyota or Honda will go down with the ICE ship as it sinks; they'll switch to the new technology and carry on.

But gas prices will rise gradually and people still value the practicality of fast fill-ups and long range without extended charging stops, especially here in North America where driving very long distances is commonplace.

When you will see a precipitous decline in ICE, and EVs coming into their own, is when a battery technology arrives that is extremely energy-dense and can fill up in minutes, giving similar practicality as a gasoline-powered car. I have every expectation that such a disruptive battery will come, and when it does, that will be the time to declare the ICE obsolete. But not before then.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 11:27 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

1) - Beyond 20/20 Optometry is opening in the last vacant CRU in the Hastings Ridge Plaza
2) - Something is afoot in the only vacant CRU in the Valhalla Place strip mall. I'm not sure, but my suspicions are that the Big Fish Market is downsizing, and moving down the strip to be immediately adjacent to the Old Time Meat Market. We should know for sure within the next week or two.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces