HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ It looks like they are going to be 5 stories and 460,000 square feet in the first phase. That's still a *big* building.
Yes. Quite large and taller than anything else in the area — and right up against the L101 as well. If they do the same on the other side that will be an interesting place to drive through.

Further down the loop - AR Mays cleared out all that land by City North and seem to be preparing it for utilities. The only project I heard of was a 4 story office building - is there anything else going up? They look ready to move fast - but this Nationwide work started after that project and is quite a bit further along.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Yes. Quite large and taller than anything else in the area — and right up against the L101 as well. If they do the same on the other side that will be an interesting place to drive through.

Further down the loop - AR Mays cleared out all that land by City North and seem to be preparing it for utilities. The only project I heard of was a 4 story office building - is there anything else going up? They look ready to move fast - but this Nationwide work started after that project and is quite a bit further along.
There was a multifamily site for sale a few months back which may start get going and a senior housing site.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:

Yes, I think one or two 5 story hotels that you see going up everywhere else plus a one story retail building last I understood. Also there are more apartments in the works but I am not sure if that's part of this phase.

Also about the Nationwide building...They shorten the building because I guess the floor plates are going to be huge. I am actually excited about the rest of the project though. They have a site plan that is very "urban" in nature. I just hope they stick to it. The campus they are developing in Gilbert is very suburban and I was afraid this campus was just going to be a knock off of Rivulon (these damn names).

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 6:26 PM
Skyriser

Yeah, the basic math is putting almost two acres under 6 ceilings. Enormous for that part of town.

A cavesson is a horse term ... a cavasson is just some goofiness they come up with.

What is Rivulon supposed to even mean? Maybe if it were near a river, but that was a bunch of dirt and farms.

As for the site plan, the north side is half surface parking... It's not urban, at all, just dense LA-like suburbia, the sort of hell that's neither drivable or walkable.

Unless I'm mistaken.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 7:57 PM

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 8:20 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Keep 'em coming! More multi-family development to prove the need for some kind of mass transit along Scottsdale Rd.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Keep 'em coming! More multi-family development to prove the need for some kind of mass transit along Scottsdale Rd.
I love seeing more apartments and mixed use bleed south along Scottsdale. Especially with all the car dealerships and dilapidated retail, its in need of a facelift. With the new apartments (Alta, Carter, Tomscot) and the other ones in predevelopment, I hope Scottsdale attracts more proposals like this. Would be awesome to see South Scottsdale and tempe connect with all the new development in the next decade.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 4:20 PM

Fencing is up and construction equipment is on site at JLB partners new apartment development at 66th St and McDowell. Demo of the existing Car dealership underway.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Fencing is up and construction equipment is on site at JLB partners new apartment development at 66th St and McDowell. Demo of the existing Car dealership underway.
https://www.heibrid.com/copy-of-tempe-town-lake

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 4:54 PM

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 5:23 PM

Not the most exciting development but that empty corner at Camelback and 68th is finally going away:

http://azbex.com/new-springhill-suit...to-scottsdale/

Quote:
Tempe-based developer, Kuber Development Co. has recently submitted plans to the City of Scottsdale for a new hotel at the NEC of 68th Street and Camelback Road.

Kuber Development is requesting approval of a zoning district map amendment to modify the currently approved site plan in order to build the new four-story, 123-room hotel, dubbed Springhill Suites by Marriott, as well as approval for a Parking Master Plan to reduce parking requirements.

The site, located at 6808 E. Camelback Road, which is bound to the north by Scottsdale Fashion Center mall parking, a retail store and Motel 6 on the east, an 11-story contemporary apartment complex to the south and an office building to the west, was previously approved for small-scale strip mall back in 2005 but was never built.

The 79.9KSF hotel will be comprised of 123 “all-suites” guestrooms with a two-story “light-filled lobby with second floor overlook, informal visitor lounge seating, check-in desk, small meeting rooms, a lobby bar and breakfast buffet area, fitness center and small retail coffee bar,” according to the applicant’s documents submitted to the city. The hotel will be limited service, meaning only breakfast will be served at the lobby bar/lounge area.

A large patio with a pool area will be located at the corner of 68th Street and Camelback Road. An outdoor water feature, swimming pool and deck and therapy pool and raised trellis arcade will be screened from the street view. A garden patio with native plantings will be seen from the lobby and will give guests an indoor-outdoor feel.

The entrance to the hotel will be on the ground floor and will include a covered porte cochere for check-in and ADA parking. The developer will provide a total of 123 parking spaces and 12 bike parking spaces.

A single curb along 68th Street will be relocated. “New access drives will be constructed on both 68th Street and Camelback Roads. The curb, gutter and sidewalk along both 68th Street and Camelback are complete,” the submittal states.

Three small abandoned structures are housed along the northern edge of the site and will also need to be removed in order to make way for the development.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 5:38 PM
self-important urbanista

^Wow. That land has been vacant for as long as I can remember (at least 30 years).

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 6:47 PM

Kind of a boring project for such a great location.

Makes me wonder when this lot will finally get going: https://www.google.com/maps/place/44...2!4d-111.92584

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 5:45 PM

Did they design that rendering in SimCity 3000?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Did they design that rendering in SimCity 3000?
I miss classic Sim city 3k and 4. Th newer sim city is trash.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 10:06 PM
Skyriser

^ Cities: Skylines is apparently what SimCity should have been, but I haven't played it. It's all I'd do if it were in fact a new SimCity.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ Cities: Skylines is apparently what SimCity should have been, but I haven't played it. It's all I'd do if it were in fact a new SimCity.
Agreed! Love that game!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 8:28 PM

Cavasson (sp) has another giant mobile crane on site, but hasn't been in use. One of the steel frame buildings near the 101 is currently being assembled by the other.

Also spotted a new tower crane being assembled near Scottsdale Quarters - not sure on the name of the project or details - but the crane - as assembled so far - wasn't all that tall. Guessing maybe 60ft tall building.

Kind of cool to see 3 tower cranes in the Airpark area again.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 6:55 PM

The Museum Square project has been approved.

Location - Goldwater & Marshall Way

150ft tall hotel and other residential buildings. Interesting that its that far south...

https://ktar.com/story/2806828/scott...e-development/

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 8:57 PM
Modulator

Quote:
The Museum Square project has been approved.

Location - Goldwater & Marshall Way

150ft tall hotel and other residential buildings. Interesting that its that far south...

https://ktar.com/story/2806828/scott...e-development/
Scottsdale is slowly starting to creep toward growing height.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest