HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 7:22 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

STRIP MALL EXTENTION ON DRUMMOND

This is on the corner of Drummond and Lundy's Lane, it is almost complete.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 7:28 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

NEW BILLBOARDS COMING SOON!

This is on the Pyramid Place building,
the new home of the Niagara Falls Tourism Office.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 7:36 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Little Caesars Pizza COMING SOON

Located on Victoria Avenue beside Mr.Sub.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 11:40 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

What's this?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 2:46 AM

OMG are you kidding me?? that will be one skinny hotel. I never imagine hotels in that tiny area. Isn't that land slopped? How Niagara 21st did their environmental assessments is beyond me. Maybe they should work on their Courtyard expansion first. Still looking at it, I can see the tower fitting there just by looking at the size of Sheraton, but where would they put the base, parking, restaurants, etc.?

P.S. That's a huge update Fallsview, thanks, unfortunately I'm busy the next few days, but I will comment soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLSVIEW
I was at the city council meeting on Monday for the arena deal, there was opposition their regarding a proposal to build a hotel directly across from the Sheraton on Fallsview blvd. This land is directly in behind the guard rail where people stop too see the falls from the top of the hill. There is now a "FOR SALE" sign there. The hotel would be built in between Portage rd and Fallsview blvd.
CLICK>GOOGLE EARTH and as you can see this is barely wide enough for an elevator let alone a highrise. I don't think council will pass it though. If I can, I am going to get out with my camera too update everything from, Autoline Toyota too Little Caesars, when I get a chance. Take care!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 3:33 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity

What's this?
A YOUNG GARDEN
Japanese and Korean Cuisine.

My Mother-in-law lives in Toronto and loves Japanese food.
So I would imagine I'll be trying it out someday.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 3:52 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Thank's Mucciared: Expansion plans for the Marriott Fallsview Hotel have preliminary drawings which show a tall, slender building with only seven units per floor, it will be a skinny one. I agree with you that they should concentrate on the Courtyard expansion and leave this land alone. And as you said, where are they going to fit parking or restaurants? I'm not sure I would trust the ground in that area for a highrise building either.

I didn't bother too include the Niagara Square Mall expansion, because they are installing the Future Shop signs now. They are officially having there "GRAND OPENING" ON THE 14th of October, so I am going to wait!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 5:01 PM

I have never heard of Ashak Merani, I guess he's always been overshadowed by DiCienzo, Oakes, DiCosimo and the such, but what he's done in that neighbourhood has been really great, so more power to him. I hope he keep developing the area.

Quote:
It has been established at ACCESS NIAGARA that the Hotel under renovation on Ellen avenue, will be a 46 room boutique hotel. The funding for this project is from Ashak Merani owner of the Days Inn & Suites on the same street.

THIS IS THE BUILDING, CHECK OUT ACCESS NIAGARA FOR THE EXACT MAP LOCATION:

HERE IS THE DEFINITION OF A BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
Boutique hotel is a term originating in North America to describe intimate, usually luxurious or quirky hotel environments. Boutique hotels differentiate themselves from larger chain/branded hotels and motels by providing personalized level accommodation and services / facilities.

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT- WIKIPEDIA:
BOUTIQUE HOTEL

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 5:04 PM

So they moved from one crumbling building to another? Interesting. I'm still hoping the Yerich's fix this up. It's such an eyesore in a nice clean area. The real last piece in Fallsview waiting to see a ray of sunshine.

Quote:
NEW BILLBOARDS COMING SOON!

This is on the Pyramid Place building,
the new home of the Niagara Falls Tourism Office.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 5:11 PM

I saw in the paper yesterday a job posting for Golden Griddle opening up at the Ramada Lundy's Lane, across from the outlets. Is this an addition to the property or did they change the restaurant, because I remember there being another restaurant there before. Their website still mentions of Pepper's Grill. Anyone here anything about this?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 9:38 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

I honestly hope they do something with the Pyramid Place building, as seen by the new boutique hotel, you can make an old building look respectable. If they do nothing, then I'm not sure if they will really ever develop anything on their land. I hadn't heard of the Golden Griddle opening up there but I honestly haven't paid much attention too that area, I'll find out for sure.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2006, 11:47 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

I like Pyramid Place. I think its a cool building. But probably will become a highrise one day.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2006, 3:09 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Great photo realcity! That's the sign that was in the dumpster, they should have left it up for the sole intention of arousing a feeling of nostalgia for locals and returning tourists.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2006, 11:59 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Russ Stout Business Development Assistant for the City of Niagara Falls, has informed me about a rendering of the Country Inn & Suites on Victoria Avenue on there website.

I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THIS 7 STORY ADDITION.

OPENING MAY 2007

COUNTRY INN & SUITES WEBSITE

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Oct 4, 2006 at 1:55 AM.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 12:04 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

The Comfort Inn that received a total makeover last winter, is getting it's final touches right now. They are putting styrofoam and stucco on the white brick portion of the building at the corner of Dunn and Stanley avenue. This looks to be the final step for the revamped hotel.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 12:16 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

HOSPITAL DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

These pictures are a little small too view,
but the actual building will be yellow brick when finished.

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Oct 4, 2006 at 1:51 AM.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 1:49 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

I saw the sign outside of the Ramada Inn on Lundy's Lane Mucciared, yes there will be a Golden Griddle opening up soon. It looks as though the Peppers Grill sign is still up though, so I'm not sure if it will replace it.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 2:24 AM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Good Stuff.

Flickr®

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 5:22 AM

Thanks for the update Fallsview,

Question - I was just at the Country Inns website and they say two properties one location. Will these be two diferent hotels sharing some of the same things?

My only complaint with the design is it doesn't have anything at the base level to attract tourists on this busy road. Sheraton of the Falls has all those little stores and use it as a profit centre.

To my recollection, the official plan has guidelines in a way that makes the base level attractive.. sorry but i just can't remember what it is exactly... but I think it was the Courtyard or Comfort Inn Suites that the city didn't approve or like their base level because it didnt engage people.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2006, 2:54 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

I'm not sure, but when they talk about the two properties are they talking about the section that wasn't demolished? When you look at the new structure compared to the existing building it doesn't look like they will be attached, there is quite a distance between the two. As far as base level storefronts my only thinking is it is a long way from the main touristy area and maybe they feel that they can utilize the space more effectively without concerning themselves with storefronts that may not succeed in that location?

Has anyone heard if the US Senate has voted on extending the passport law yet, I havent heard anything more about it?

There is some heavy equipment back at the Great Wolf Lodge, but that doesn't mean anything, I was just wondering what was going on there, I doubt if it would be for the Aquarium! Mucciared do you remember where the article was for the outdoor skating path that was proposed last year, I can't remember where the location of it was going to be.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario