HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Belt View Post
That freeway pic is bad. However, the reality is it's a 5 lane freeway with 2 HOV -- toll/hot lanes. The lanes on the far right and far left aren't apart of the freeway, but rather frontage roads.

https://goo.gl/maps/LwR2M45wxRufkDzx7
Doesn’t matter. Too many lanes, too much concrete, too little transit or proper urban planning. Aesthetically and otherwise, it’s disgusting.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 1:26 PM
Pay it Forward

Exclamation

It's one of those Jesus-take-the-wheel mornings.:sly:

Stockton-San Francisco:
Monday at 6:19AM
Distance: 83 Miles
Time: 3hrs 14 mins

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."-Robert Frost

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 2:27 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Doesn’t matter. Too many lanes, too much concrete, too little transit or proper urban planning. Aesthetically and otherwise, it’s disgusting.
Aesthetically, it's a freeway. I'm not sure what you're expecting. It's one of the city's biggest and busiest arteries.

Last edited by JManc; Jul 29, 2019 at 3:05 PM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 3:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Aesthetically, it's a freeway. I'm not sure what you're expecting. It's one of the city's biggest and busiest arteries.
If it doesn't resemble a London-style freeway, it's "disgusting".

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 3:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Yeah, exactly. Is he suggesting we spend more money to make it a beautiful freeway?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
For freeway/tollway enthusiasts, I-10 west of 610 is aesthetically pleasing and gets a lot of attention, largely because of the multilevel interchanges and Energy Corridor talls along the way. Also, it still looks new and clean, unlike most of the nation's interstates, which are full of potholes, serious rough spots, and general dilapidated appearance. This lengthy portion of I-10 in west Houston looked as bad as most interstates until it was completely rebuilt about a decade ago. I love it, and make a point to drive it every time I'm there, although I make sure it's not during peak traffic times. I can do that, since I'm no longer on anyone else's schedule.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions