HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 3:15 PM

Old Posted Aug 17, 2022, 3:51 PM

Is Camden ever going to get any development? I used to work in Camden, Patco was great. Though the stations needed some upgrades especially Walter Rand.

I think Camden has good bones but it's ruined by the highway and the sea of parking lots near the waterfront.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2022, 9:56 PM

It's not sexy but it's a BFD. Really high on Philly area industrial still.

New weekly Asia route touted as 'biggest thing that's happened to the Port of Philadelphia in decades'

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 12:37 AM

While not directly development related, the PGA Tour (BMW Championships) at the Wilmington Country Club this week/weekend - appears to be a big boon to Wilmington. Almost all of the world's top golfers are in town, Hotel duPont is packed, the Riverfront's new hotels are full. Rory McIlroy was dining at Bardea the other night..., good times for Wilmington.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 1:14 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post

New weekly Asia route touted as 'biggest thing that's happened to the Port of Philadelphia in decades'
A really big deal, and likely only the beginning.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 1:19 AM

Quote:

Indeed, there is quite a few upgrades coming to the PhilaPort in the next 10 years. Maybe even more cranes being built.

Next is having a direct flight to Asia from PHL.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:35 AM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Agreed with flights originating out of Philly to Asia. Impetus will be more business travels to/from Asia and leisure travel based off clientele. Right now, its Newark/LaGuardia or Chicago.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Good to know, I’ll definitely post there, I look up regional stuff all the time. Cities around a Philly like Lancaster and Allentown are really booming right now. I often find myself wanting to post about them but then being like “nah it’s not in the metro.”
Please post some in that thread! I post there a lot and would love some other contributors/interaction on that thread.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:44 AM

Quote:

From the article:
Quote:
It's expected to create 720 jobs (157 of which will be at PhilaPort), over $194 million in economic impact and $7.2 million in state and local taxes per year.
This is great to see! Should be good for both Philly and PA as a whole.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 12:30 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Agreed with flights originating out of Philly to Asia. Impetus will be more business travels to/from Asia and leisure travel based off clientele. Right now, its Newark/LaGuardia or Chicago.
Minor correction... LGA doesn't have international flights. It's a busy US hub connector. But yes, Philadelphia needs an Asia route.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 12:42 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Minor correction... LGA doesn't have international flights. It's a busy US hub connector. But yes, Philadelphia needs an Asia route.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:04 PM

Quote:

The article is slightly misleading in that in omits the other US stops. Still very important to have the direct link (especially the PHL stop before NYC) and hope this opens the flood gates to other services.

The routing is Asia > Panama > Charleston > PHL > NYC

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 7:43 PM

Quote:
^
Not to be a stickler, but there are no international flights out of LaGuardia.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 8:15 PM

Wilmington & New Castle County News

WuXi STA breaks ground on Middletown pharma plant - MIDDLETOWN – What is currently a soybean field will soon be turned into a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical production campus, as WuXi STA Pharmaceutical broke ground on its Middletown site Tuesday. This will be a major site for WuXi STA and even for [parent company] WuXi AppTec; we will continue to build out the site,” Dr. Minzhang Chen, the CEO of WuXi STA, told Delaware Business Times last week. “Currently, we’re planning to invest $500 million in the first phase and are targeting to hire about 500 people, so that’s no small task for us to get started.” WuXi STA has started the permitting phase for its drug product building, which is one of four buildings slated for the first phase of development in a potentially seven-building campus, according to Dean Childers, who will be the site manager.

More Jobs:
https://delawarebusinesstimes.com/ne...breaks-ground/

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 8:24 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Not to be a stickler, but there are no international flights out of LaGuardia.
Copy that...I mixed it up with a family friend who flew out of JFK to South Korea. Also PHLtoNYC noted that to me earlier too.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 10:22 PM
Chris

Quote:
Copy that...I mixed it up with a family friend who flew out of JFK to South Korea. Also PHLtoNYC noted that to me earlier too.
Maybe 3rd&Brown blocked me

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSJ825 View Post
WuXi STA breaks ground on Middletown pharma plant - MIDDLETOWN – What is currently a soybean field will soon be turned into a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical production campus, as WuXi STA Pharmaceutical broke ground on its Middletown site Tuesday. This will be a major site for WuXi STA and even for [parent company] WuXi AppTec; we will continue to build out the site,” Dr. Minzhang Chen, the CEO of WuXi STA, told Delaware Business Times last week. “Currently, we’re planning to invest $500 million in the first phase and are targeting to hire about 500 people, so that’s no small task for us to get started.” WuXi STA has started the permitting phase for its drug product building, which is one of four buildings slated for the first phase of development in a potentially seven-building campus, according to Dean Childers, who will be the site manager.

More Jobs:
https://delawarebusinesstimes.com/ne...breaks-ground/

Middletown DE is booming. It's a surprisingly charming small town with a compact core. And a lot of the new neighborhoods being built around it are in the new urbanist style. Of course, there is also a lot of sprawl popping up but could end up being quite an interesting node in the region in decades to come.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Maybe 3rd&Brown blocked me
Haha. No.

I replied before I scrolled through the rest of the thread.

Apologies, all.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:52 PM

Looks like this is from March, but we must've missed it

Apartments & Retail Planned for Bala Cynwyd’s One Belmont Avenue

Quote:
LOWER MERION – The parking lot of the building formerly known as the GSB Building at City and Belmont Avenues could soon undergo significant changes.

Under a plan outlined this week, Keystone Development + Investment, the owners of One Belmont Plaza, plan to construct two new buildings for apartments and retail space in the front parking lot along City and Belmont avenues.

Peter Sikora, vice president of the Bozzuto Development Company, said the plan includes adding 274 apartments with about 14,000 square feet of amenity space and 30,000 square feet of ground-floor street-activating retail. The retail will include a grocery store. There are also plans for a 17,000-square-foot gathering space where they plan on hosting community events such as farmers markets, food truck events and musical performances.
Read/view more here:
https://cityave.org/apartments-retai...t-avenue-site/

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 6:54 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Apartments & Retail Planned for Bala Cynwyd’s One Belmont Avenue

Read/view more here:
https://cityave.org/apartments-retai...t-avenue-site/
It wasn't missed and there were a few posts after this one discussing it, including you and cardeza arguing

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...postcount=4825

Last edited by EastSideHBG; Aug 20, 2022 at 7:06 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations