HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 1:10 AM

A little bit of Madison

Madison, Wisconsin

I went to Madison this past weekend. I had heard from so many people that it was such a great city; beautiful, hip, vibrant, clean, a college town. And let me tell, you, they were right. The state capital alone is enough to get you up there. But besides that, there is a huge university to explore, as well as a bunch of nice old homes, cool downtown, and a great lakefront.

Anyway, here are my pictures. (some have been slightly edited )

The capitol's dome is the fourth largest in the world. Even bigger than the one in D.C.

State Street, the main shopping street downtown. The Wisconsin Film Festival is running now.

Downtown Madison is located on an isthmus between two lakes; Mendota and Monona. (sp?) You can see Monona in the background.

At the University of Wisconsin

This, the tour guide said, is where the governor stands when he makes his speeches.

In the same room. Yes, that's REAL gold.

What all haunted houses seem to be modeled after

Their convention center, Monona Terrace, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright

Inside one of the chambers in the capitol. It was interesting how every mural had a story behind it.

The same chamber, this is where the public is allowed to stand and watch the politicians in action.

A different chamber, today used by the less important politicians. (hence the crappy chairs and desks) When the building was built, though, it was used by the railroad people. The four murals around the room depict different modes of transportation, from the Indians to early 1900s.

The nicer desks

And that's it. I hope you liked.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos