HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Dec 6, 2023, 7:41 PM

Wild Waterworks

Hamilton staff to study a public-private partnership to keep Wild Waterworks operating
Hamilton councillors agreed to have staff review a different model to operate water park

https://www.thespec.com/news/council...f694cf6c0.html

"Could Hamilton partner with a private business to keep Wild Waterworks making a splash in the community?

It’s an idea Coun. Matt Francis and the rest of councillors want city staff to investigate after they agreed with the first-term Stoney Creek councillor’s motion at their Dec. 4 general issues committee meeting to see if there is any interest from businesses to create a “water-themed entertainment/recreation attraction/venue.”

“I think this is a fiscally, prudent approach,” said Francis later. “It’s definitely worth exploring to save Wild Waterworks and save taxpayers’ money.”

As part of the staff review, Francis suggested examining “viable development concepts,” and other options that “maximize the contributions of private-sector partners.”

Councillors are scheduled to vote on the recommendation at their Dec. 13 meeting.

Francis said with the success of the public-private partnership involving FirstOntario Centre, the city should examine a similar model to operate the water park."

I think it would definitely be good for the city to give this a try. It's right on the QEW and there's a big population to draw from. I'll admit I haven't been in a long time, but I assume the wave pool is still decent, but the rest has had minimal updates for decades.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 8:57 PM

Maybe a private spa with lots of parking.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 9:10 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheastWind View Post
Maybe a private spa with lots of parking.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 11:07 PM
It's Hammer Time

ok, that made me spill my drink

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation