HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
I wonder if a renovation of University Stadium would be feasible for the Valour football club. I wonder if it would be better than the cavernous Princess Auto Stadium and attract more customers.
Ownership, rent and facilities such as concessions could all be factors keeping the Valour playing out of Princess Auto. The Bombers and the Valour are the same organization and a lead stakeholder in BBB Inc (stadium owners). Unless the University Stadium was included in BBB Inc it is owned by U of M. Also is the plan for Bison football to move their games back to University Stadium?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Ownership, rent and facilities such as concessions could all be factors keeping the Valour playing out of Princess Auto. The Bombers and the Valour are the same organization and a lead stakeholder in BBB Inc (stadium owners). Unless the University Stadium was included in BBB Inc it is owned by U of M. Also is the plan for Bison football to move their games back to University Stadium?
Not sure why the Bisons would move their games back to the University stadium. It's quite dated, the field is a goose's paradise and in poor condition, and fan services like concession and washrooms are verging on unacceptable. If the U of M can use PAS, then there's little incentive to modernize.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
Not sure why the Bisons would move their games back to the University stadium. It's quite dated, the field is a goose's paradise and in poor condition, and fan services like concession and washrooms are verging on unacceptable. If the U of M can use PAS, then there's little incentive to modernize.
University stadium should honestly be torn down and redeveloped. Could be a good spot for a new residency building.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 9:08 PM

IG Field = Biggest waste of taxpayer money in Manitoba history

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
My response was more directed to the post from dennis suggesting Valour move to University Stadium. I cannot imagine there is a reason for either Bison football or Valour to move to University Stadium. Otherwise of being used as a venue for outdoor track and field it seems to have very limited useful function left.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
IG Field = Biggest waste of taxpayer money in Manitoba history
I certainly wouldn't say the biggest waste. It wasn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things and with event sales taxes and sin taxes on the booze at the point of purchase from the supplier for ten years I can guarantee the investments have been paid off in full and then some.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:02 PM
There is always a way

I think that IGF was a bit of a debacle and it wasn't the most transparent public project of all time, but I can certainly think of worse things to spend public dollars on . At least we got an amenity for the city out of it, and a really nice one.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 1:08 PM

Don't feed the troll! Princess Auto stadium may have had a few hiccups but it's been proven to be one of the best in the league.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan