HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 7:22 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Isn't that the speculated JPM Chase tower? I also noticed the residential units in the original proposal have been completely dropped.
Awesome to see another 700 footer.

Not really as awesome if it's Chase's tower. Would've expected something much taller.

What makes you think it's Chase's?

Quote:
Wow, a development got a height increase instead of the opposite, shocking
There have been some other relatively recent increases, Vista Tower which is the second highest roof in the city to name one...

I think the disappointment of Salesforce and OCS have blinded us to the fact that we have been lucky too at other times

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh777 View Post
I wouldn't think that's current as the linked website page still states there will be rental units, and the CoD agenda description only mentions it comprising offices & a fitness club. I can't imagine they'd forget to remove that blurb if they took the time to update the rendering, but who knows I guess.
It's their original design. Here's an article from almost 5 years ago showing the same exact rendering as the one on Related's site

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...131-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Awesome to see another 700 footer.

Not really as awesome if it's Chase's tower. Would've expected something much taller.

What makes you think it's Chase's?
The rumor is from a Crain's article on how someone with knowledge of Related's plans said they were shifting plans trying to get Chase to get office space in that building. I would like to know as well whether it's more than "hey we know there's a rumor that Chase is shopping around. Let's lure them!" Regardless, my hunch would be that if they were to move any sizable amount of staff that it wouldn't be everyone and they wouldn't be getting rid of Chase Tower or anything. I'd think that you'd have something like tech roles going into a West Loop/Fulton Market area.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 8:28 PM
Mulan M.

CHICAGO | 725 W. Randolph | 700 FT | FLOORS

Per: https://www.related.com/our-company/...725-w-randolph

725 W. Randolph is a proposed 700-foot tall, 41-story commercial building comprising approximately 931,000 square feet of office space, 17,000 square feet of retail/food and beverage space, a 48,000 square foot fitness club and 260 automobile parking spaces. The project will provide approximately 11,500 square feet of public open space along West Randolph Street and West Washington Boulevard and approximately 40,000 square feet of outdoor amenity spaces and terraces for the tenants located on floors 4, 8, 14, 17, 20 and 26. The building is primarily proposed to be constructed with a vision glass and aluminum window system with metal fins and frames.

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/dept...n-meeting.html

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 8:39 PM

I think the rendering on Related's website is from 2017 when the tower was proposed at 680 feet.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
I think the rendering on Related's website is from 2017 when the tower was proposed at 680 feet.
It is. Here's a story from almost 5 years ago in the Tribune with the same exact rendering

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...131-story.html

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
It is. Here's a story from almost 5 years ago in the Tribune with the same exact rendering
And that was before they acquired the bank parcel to the southwest, I believe.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
And that was before they acquired the bank parcel to the southwest, I believe.
It'll be interesting to see what the latest design it. There's 11,500 sq ft of public space on both Randolph and Washington for this too. I really wonder how different it will be. Hopefully it'll be awesome.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 10:39 PM

From Jan 12, 2018, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go go white sox View Post
This tower is going to really stand out at nearly 700ft in this location can't wait to see renderings
Pretty much back from where we started... I'm excited, but not overly excited because we've been here before... And it's Related

Also, I hope this will get Burnett talking about a stop at Halsted for the El. If the area is gonna be an expansion of downtown and have downtown density, it needs downtown transportation.

Hell, I'd like to see the green line become 24 hours.

Last edited by BVictor1; Jan 4, 2023 at 11:19 PM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post

Also, I hope this will get Burnett talking about a stop at Halsted for the El. If the area is gonna be an expansion of downtown and have downtown density, it needs downtown transportation.

Hell, I'd like to see the green line become 24 hours.
That would be interesting. It's only 0.2 miles between Halsted and Morgan. Which is even shorter than some of the red/brown line ones (like between Belmont and Wellington is 0.3 miles).

Old Posted Jan 4, 2023, 11:05 PM

It would go a long way just to allow riders to scan and enter via the east most entrance at the Morgan stop, and then add a a scannable entrance on the west most side of the Clinton stop. It's so frustrating how many stations (including brand new ones like the Washington St) only have one entrance, causing you to have to walk almost an extra block to enter the station. If they did this, then a Halsted stop would not be very necessary. Hell, then put in some movable sidewalks between the stations -- that'd be a ton cheaper lol.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 12:01 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
The rumor is from a Crain's article on how someone with knowledge of Related's plans said they were shifting plans trying to get Chase to get office space in that building. I would like to know as well whether it's more than "hey we know there's a rumor that Chase is shopping around. Let's lure them!" Regardless, my hunch would be that if they were to move any sizable amount of staff that it wouldn't be everyone and they wouldn't be getting rid of Chase Tower or anything. I'd think that you'd have something like tech roles going into a West Loop/Fulton Market area.
That checks out, wonder if they'll put a logo on top

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
That would be interesting. It's only 0.2 miles between Halsted and Morgan. Which is even shorter than some of the red/brown line ones (like between Belmont and Wellington is 0.3 miles).
Yeah, the stop spacing will be the same as The Loop. The ride on the Green/Pink line from Morgan to Adams/Wabash will be a slow one.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 11:44 AM

Crain Chicago just released a rendering of this building I like it need a lil more style but you guys will like it

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 12:36 PM

The rendering is nice, anything is better than another 700 ft blue-glass box. Hopefully this entices JPMC enough to want to be the anchor tenant and they request a height increase.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 1:31 PM

I wondered why it was giving Hudson Yards vibes--this is a rehash of KPF's 55 HY tower in NYC...

"Helmut Jahn has never suffered a failure of nerve."

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganChi View Post
Crain Chicago just released a rendering of this building I like it need a lil more style but you guys will like it

Quote:
The tower was designed by architecture firm Kohn Pederson Fox, which worked with Related's parent company on the Hudson Yards megadevelopment in New York City.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 2:08 PM

^

office building with a swimming pool?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
^

office building with a swimming pool?
It's not entirely office. There's still a 48,000 sq ft health club aspect. Probably still Equinox and I'd guess the pool is for that.

The article states they don't have an anchor tenant yet. If true, this is still a way from happening I'd think.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 2:24 PM

There are a couple different design schemes shown in those renderings. The first full tower view does not match the zoomed in crown shot nor the view of the podium and pool deck.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 3:29 PM

Yea you gonna have to think if they do get Chase 700ft won’t be the permanent height. The current chase tower here in the city is listed at 850ft. BMO is listed at 727ft and Bank of America is at 817ft. Chase is gonna ask for a height increase hopefully it’s at 900-1000ft but when was the last time Chicago got a 1000ft office tower , I know it’s mixed but this would be nice by the expressway

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals