HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 29, 2008, 11:00 PM
North Beach

Couple of shots today:

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 4:15 AM

^^^ Wow, are they already pile driving?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2008, 1:47 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Moving right along...

Unfortunately, they've covered all the fencing with green tarp, so the vantage points are rather limited.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 4:47 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Lots of metal waiting for some concrete:

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 6:36 PM

I live at Trinity and I'm glad to see this project finally moving forward. I don't mind the construction noise( people who don't like noise shouldn't live in the City) I will try to get some pics to post as I can get some good ones from the upper floors looking down at the construction. So it sounds like the first building - 440 units will include 360 studios to cover the existing tenants. and the remaining units will be one bedrooms that will go on the rental market. Even with rent control this hardly and affordable project. Currently rents are up to 1395 and up for a studio and after two years of increases will be pushing 1500 by the time tenants move in. Once the project is completed however, it should really help the neighborhood by adding a couple thousand more working people and surrounding support businesses. I do have to laugh (or cry) at San Francisco's new idea of what affordable housing is though - You have to make at least 50-60k to live here like a pauper. Hwere do all the people who make ten dollars and hour live? Still , I love my City will never leave it. But no wonder there are so many homeless people.... I see now that even in the deep 'loin they have to balls to ask 1300 and up for roach infested dump. WTF?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 7:32 PM

I can't get pics to post on here but I put them on a link to my photo page here: http://web.mac.com/jtatarazuk/iWeb/Site/Photos%202.html

They are working quickly - 6 -7 days a week and even in the rain.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeguy1964 View Post
I can't get pics to post on here but I put them on a link to my photo page here: http://web.mac.com/jtatarazuk/iWeb/Site/Photos%202.html

They are working quickly - 6 -7 days a week and even in the rain.
I hope you dont mind me posting these for ya.. but they are good shots..

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 5:19 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Thanks for sharing those shots nativeguy (and the assist from rocketman). That's a great perspective you have. Keep them coming!

It looks like they've taken down the fence covering. That will help us folks who can only watch from the sidewalk.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 7:55 AM

trinity progress

I'll try to grab new pics whenever there is significant progress/change. Looks like they'll be ready to start pouring concrete before too long. Hope they continue to move quickly. Shelling out a lot of rent in the meantime just to get that new unit. I think the trinity building may be more attractive than the Soma Grand. Will depend on the quality of the finishes. Current residents have another 4 years of construction noise to look forward too as the rest of the project is completed and new renters in the first building will have at least two years worth I guess. The city needs like 10 more projects like this to get more rental stock - only problem with that - rents will never go down because there is an endless supply of people who want to live here ( much to my dismay) They just keep coming. I think no matter what is done, we will pay ever more ridiculous rents for an even more over crowded overburdened city. It's too bad, everything that once made it special and different will be gone and it'll be just another city llke every other. It can be slowed, but it is inevitable. Hopefully not till after I'm dead though. They may as well go ahead and build a couple more malls and walmart and drive the stake the rest of the way through my heart.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 7:32 PM

Here's four more pics taken today from the north side.

http://web.mac.com/jtatarazuk/iWeb/Site/Photos%202.html

Thanks.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 8:07 PM
Only Mostly Dead

This render (from nativeguy's link above) really helps put it all in perspective:

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 9:27 PM
Sonoma Strong

^ that pic deserves to be on the front page

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 3:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
This render (from nativeguy's link above) really helps put it all in perspective:
Just to be clear, I believe in the foreground is 8th St, to the right is Mission and to the left (mostly blocked by the building) is Market. To the right, rear is the building now under construction, the tallest of the group. And this rendering answers one question I've had--the building now going up is taller and will, indeed, utterly destroy the views of all west-facing units at SOMA Grand.

This really is a nice rendering.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
The building now going up is taller and will, indeed, utterly destroy the views of all west-facing units at SOMA Grand.

This really is a nice rendering.
Let me spin this: Yes, it will occult the west face of SOMA Grand. This really is a nice prospect.

By the way, according to Wikipedia, Nathan Rothschild, the 1st Baron Rothschild, lived from 1840 to 1915. Named after his grandfather, he inherited upon the death of his uncle Anthony Nathan de Rothschild in 1876 the title of Baronet, and was elevated to the House of Lords and created Baron Rothschild in 1885.

Last edited by nequidnimis; Mar 20, 2008 at 3:33 AM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 3:36 AM
BANNED

^^^Well, the Rothschild I'm quoting is Nathan Meyer Rothschild about whom Wikipedia says:

Quote:
Nathan Mayer Rothschild (16 September 1777 – 28 July 1836) was a London financier and one of the founders of the international Rothschild banking dynasty.

He was born in the Frankfurt-am-Main ghetto, the fourth child of Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744–1812) and Gutle Schnapper (1753–1849). In 1798, at the age of 21, he settled in Manchester and established a business in textile trading and finance, later moving to London, England and making a fortune in trading bills of exchange through a banking enterprise begun in 1805. In 1816, his two elder brothers were granted noble status (Freiherr or Baron) by the Emperor of Austria. They were now permitted to prefix the Rothschild name with von or de. Their device of four arrows became five when in 1818 Nathan too was elevated, although he chose not to use his aristocratic title Nathan Mayer, Freiherr von Rothschild.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Mayer_Rothschild

The Rothschilds were an extensive family with branches in greater Germany, France and Britain--it's to their wide-ranging interests that they owed much of their success.

Anyway, your interest in obscuring the SOMA Grand facade is shared, but my point was about the fact that people living in SG will get a great view of their neighbors' windows maybe 30 ft away and not much else which might explain why the units, from what I read, aren't exactly hot sellers.

Last edited by BTinSF; Mar 20, 2008 at 3:52 AM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 8:03 AM

The first building, now under construction should have the current trinity tenants moved in by the end of 2009. (360 replacement studio units - 440 units total) (with a mix of studios and one bedrooms) Then demolition begins. The second building that will go up will be the Market street frontage building with apts and retail space. That will eventually be followed by the buildings that form the inner courtyard.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 8:11 AM

Once a couple thousand people move in here plus a few thousand more in the surrounding project ( Market / Van Ness/ Polk / Fox ) well, the neighborhood will change - I think about it when I'm in that unbearable Walgreens on 9th. Add sveral thousand more residents to a four block area - with no where else to shop..... it's gonna be a nightmare. We need a supermarket in this hood. Safeway is too pricey and crowded and Foodco is too far. I'm really lazy and hope they have a grocery, wash n fold, chinese take out and dominos, in the new building.... or maybe each unit could come with a robot.... like the one that vacuums the floor - only it could bring pizza too.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 8:26 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Add sveral thousand more residents to a four block area - with no where else to shop..... it's gonna be a nightmare.
You do know about this project, don't you?

Quote:
the SF Mart is one of the boldest moves. With the traditional furniture business migrating to Las Vegas, the property's owner, Adco, is reinventing the 1.3 million-square-foot fortress into a mixed-use office complex. Under current plans, 700,000 to 800,000 square feet would be office and 100,000 to 200,000 square feet would be retail.

Two buildings, 1355 Market St. and 875 Stevenson St., which are connected by bridges on each floor, would serve as a linchpin for the emerging swath of housing going up nearby that is expected to add 5,000 new residents to the area.

Jones Lang LaSalle's David Churton, who is marketing the $100 million project with Christopher Roeder, echoes what many in the market are saying these days: "They looked at it for housing," he said of the owners, "but decided that highest and best use was mixed-use office."

"The Civic Center neighborhood is transforming," notes SF Mart General Manager Roseann Carini, who envisions a campus-like atmosphere where locals can work, eat and shop in close proximity. "Mixed use is important when you take up an entire block."
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...s3.html?page=2

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 8:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
The first building, now under construction should have the current trinity tenants moved in by the end of 2009.
If they get it done and have people moved in in under 2 years that would be remarkable.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 7:48 PM

So the sf mart will have retail and other services. That would be great. BTW It looks they they have started pouring some concrete at trinity today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive