HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post

Why is the air so clear? Did it rain in LA recently?

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 8:28 PM

^^^ Not sure about all of LA but it rained last week in my area Thursday night into Friday morning

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 9:25 PM

Delete

Last edited by Ptown2downtown; May 24, 2022 at 9:39 PM.

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 9:47 PM
DENNAB

Sorry if this was mentioned but it seems Brookfield has topped out, hopefully Mitsui can do the same this summer.

Good time for Onni to break ground too

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 12:06 AM

Fantastic news about the shuttle. Ive been waiting for this forever. Once that, lucas and the expo park improvements are completed, that will be a world class park!

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Fantastic news about the shuttle. Ive been waiting for this forever. Once that, lucas and the expo park improvements are completed, that will be a world class park!
Scoring an actual space shuttle is a really big deal--I think there are only three others in the world. This one is the Endeavor.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 1:40 AM

That'll be a cool to go see. I wonder if they have a Falcon? I imagine they're much easier to acquire than a space shuttle.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 1:50 AM

I was hoping the shuttle would be displayed outdoors. It would be more of a landmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
That'll be a cool to go see. I wonder if they have a Falcon? I imagine they're much easier to acquire than a space shuttle.
The first Falcon 9 to make a return flight to the launch site is on display in front of SpaceX's HQ in Hawthorne.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
I was hoping the shuttle would be displayed outdoors. It would be more of a landmark.
One of the requirements to bid on hosting the space shuttle is that it must be displayed indoors. Considering the cultural significance of the space shuttle, i am all for preserving and honoring its legacy like that.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 4:09 PM

18-story, 340,000SF office building slated for Arts District

https://la.urbanize.city/post/18-sto...-arts-district

Arts District taking off, I really like the location of this because it begins to pull the skyline from the north east back around creating a U shape.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 7:02 PM

^^^ Ditto, I've been waiting for developers to tap into the land along the east side of the downtown loop forever. It will be interesting to see what comes of the area very soon. Could easily see LA getting two skylines so close and full of action. Waiting for the day somebody breaks through the skid row wall.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Waiting for the day somebody breaks through the skid row wall.
In terms of height, that is already happening. Do we have any one who has braved a visit to Skid Row to see if this is making progress?

https://la.urbanize.city/post/constr...ng-development

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 10:07 PM

^^^ I was thinking of it more so being a developer's dead zone. Just sucks that the very direct heart/middle of the entire city is a no man's land guarded by homeless advocates, the missions and lack to want to do anything by the city.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 12:00 AM

Yeah DTLA will develop like a donut with Skid Row in the middle. Sign of the times...

As an aside, I've noticed this thread is much more pleasant to read now. It feels like Venice beach right after they cleared out the homeless and mentally ill.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 3:01 AM

More on the Arts District proposal:

18-story, 340,000SF office building slated for Arts District

[size=3]A developer scales up plans which date back five years[/url]

Steven Sharp
Urbanize Los Angeles
May 25, 2022

A five-year-old proposal to redevelop the former Arts District home of the A+D Museum has reemerged - with some noticeable changes.

In 2017, an entity affiliated with Legendary Group submitted an application to the City of Los Angeles seeking approvals to build an 11-story, 255,000-square-foot office building at the intersection of 4th and Hewitt Streets, while retaining a single-story structure that was then occupied by the A+D Museum.

A revised plan, revealed this week, sticks to the original concept - but in much grander scale. The project is now envisioned as a taller 18-story tower, while still maintaining the existing 7,800-foot building that now exists on the property. Plans call for a total of 311,682 square feet of offices on the upper floors of the building, with 8,149 square feet of restaurant space at the ground floor, flanked by a new landscaped courtyard fronting Colyton Street.

As with the earlier project, the office tower would be stacked above a large parking podium. A garage would span three subterranean levels and five above-grade levels, according to architectural plans.

Gensler remains the architecture firm behind the project, named "Above," which will rise to a maximum height of 297 feet above street level. Renderings depict the building's parking levels with an industrial aesthetic, while its upper floors would have a contemporary glass facade. Terrace decks with tenant amenity spaces are planned at the top floor, and above the podium.

"The Arts District has recently seen an emergence of tenants looking for unique creative office space as demand looks to outweight supply," said McKenna Gaskill of Cushman & Wakefield, which is leading the leasing effort for the property. "We received nearly 800,000 square feet in tenant inquiries in [the first quarter of 2022]."

The Cushman & Wakefield leasing team is led by Mike Condon Jr., along with Gaskill, Brittany Winn, Pete Collins, and Scott Menkus.

Construction of Above is set to begin in mid-2023 and conclude by 2026.

Plans for a larger office building at 4th and Hewitt come as the Arts District emerges as an employment hub, with Spotify, Honey, and Warner Music Group setting up shop nearby, and an number of large office developments set to follow.

Likewise, the Arts District is no longer a stranger to high-rise buildings, with construction underway for the 35-story Alloy development a few blocks east at 520 Mateo Street. Developers such as Onni Group have also secured approvals for towers in the neighborhood.

"New developments such as Above, along with under construction projects like 2130 Violet and 520 Mateo look to be the next wave of modern high-rise projects, propelling the Arts District beyond a mom and pop, adaptive reuse market into what should be the top tenant attracting market in all of Los Angeles," said Condon.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 3:02 AM

And the images:

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 5:14 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Interesting! This would also be right near the large proposal just south of the Little Tokyo Mall. Would be a mini skyline to the east.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 7:29 PM
你的媽媽

Very nice proposal, and I think it does well to blend in with the existing area with the industrial/warehousey vibes. That's probably one of the first parking podiums that I think is actually well done.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Very nice proposal, and I think it does well to blend in with the existing area with the industrial/warehousey vibes. That's probably one of the first parking podiums that I think is actually well done.
I thought the same about the podium. It kind of looks like a refurbished old warehouse.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 4:49 PM
Ascension

If ever there is a design perfect for it's location it's that one. I like it a lot.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations