HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
So there is a plan jobs increase of 12,000 jobs? But Also an increase to 12,000 parking spaces? No mention of the BSL extension? What are we doing?
The 1:1 job/parking ratio was definitely one thing that jumps out at me. I think the way the authors worded it, leads me to two things:
1. Potential tenants that they know of highly value being able to take the Interstates to the location
2. The 'Waterfront' District where most of the proposed new parking structures will be is more a conceptual "what could be" running under the assumption that the BSL extension will not get built.

You got to appreciate the autonomous little vehicles they snuck into the new renderings. I don't go to the Navy Yard often, but did PIDC/PennDot autonomous shuttle van start yet?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 7:00 PM

I can't blame them for planning on the BSL extension not getting built. Even if it does happen eventually, it won't be any time soon, and they don't want to wait to find out.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
I can't blame them for planning on the BSL extension not getting built. Even if it does happen eventually, it won't be any time soon, and they don't want to wait to find out.
For real, PIDC coaxed Rite Aid to move there. They know what they are doing and what people are looking for. When was the last time a Fortune 500 company moved their HQ to Philly before that? Decades ago? I can't even really think of Fortune 1000 companies outside of FMC recently.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 7:48 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
True...the Navy Yard has so much potential being next to the water and I think it attracts those that don't want to be "downtown" on the city grid per se. If you ever drove, biked or walked around the Navy Yard, it feels like its own little suburbia. Nice looking building, new and old, it's got that institutional feel and if you didn't pay attention that is part of Philly, it could be considered suburbia anywhere USA. Hopefully, this will change with more developments and people coming - building it up with density and more amenities (day and night). I am in favor of a subway line there and think that would be great, but as you guys know the access there is highway driven - easy connection to N/S I-95 and E/W I-76...great for those who are commuting from NJ, DE or the Philly suburbs that work there. I've met people from NJ, DE, and Philly suburbs that work their day jobs there.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
True...the Navy Yard has so much potential being next to the water and I think it attracts those that don't want to be "downtown" on the city grid per se. If you ever drove, biked or walked around the Navy Yard, it feels like its own little suburbia. Nice looking building, new and old, it's got that institutional feel and if you didn't pay attention that is part of Philly, it could be considered suburbia anywhere USA. Hopefully, this will change with more developments and people coming - building it up with density and more amenities (day and night). I am in favor of a subway line there and think that would be great, but as you guys know the access there is highway driven - easy connection to N/S I-95 and E/W I-76...great for those who are commuting from NJ, DE or the Philly suburbs that work there. I've met people from NJ, DE, and Philly suburbs that work their day jobs there.
Isn't the KOP the same way where you only take a car out to KOP yet there is the KOP NHSL extension. I know you are in favor of it. It's the argument that got me confused.
No doubt we need parking but there are people who live in the city that can use the transit access to the Navy yard and I would think that is not some small number.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 8:56 PM

Navy Yard 2022 Plan

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.42.48 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.43.09 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.43.59 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.44.23 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.44.40 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.44.53 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.45.06 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.45.24 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.46.33 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.46.42 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.47.24 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.47.36 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.47.48 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.48.01 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.48.31 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.48.57 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.49.07 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.49.18 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.49.32 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.49.43 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.51.18 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.51.49 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.52.15 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 4.52.37 PM by Mr. Summers, on Flickr

Navy Yard Plan PDF:
https://www.pidcphila.com/images/upl..._Yard_Plan.pdf

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 9:49 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Isn't the KOP the same way where you only take a car out to KOP yet there is the KOP NHSL extension. I know you are in favor of it. It's the argument that got me confused.
No doubt we need parking but there are people who live in the city that can use the transit access to the Navy yard and I would think that is not some small number.
Don't get confused. All I am saying is that the current infrastructure and the Navy Yard favors vehicles. You see plenty of spaces along the streets within the Navy Yard plus parking lots adjacent to buildings. People like that and especially folks who commute from NJ and DE, even people that can bounce right back on to the I-476. My remarks about a subway line to the Navy Yard is that it gives people an option to get to work if it works for them, especially people that live in the city or near the city but the subway line will not benefit everyone since some people just like driving to work and having the freedom and benefit of coming and going via their cars or live further outside of the area and their only option is to drive to work or their schedules to meet family needs.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 5:05 PM
PHL

To me this is pretty great. I am not too worried about some surface lots because ultimately those can easily be developed over, and with hopefully a future BSL extension this could become a very densely developed area before we know it. This is just where they want to start and I for one am impressed. Would love to see the influx of industry come to fruition, and I think it's primed to take off. Love the Life Science focus. I say build as much of that as possible. The more they build here the better the business case becomes for the BSL extension. Of course if they had an ounce of foresight they would build it now, but I think the Navy Yard will make the case for itself in no time.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 6:12 PM

The problem with the NY is that it's basically one way in/out, now sorta two ways in/out. Pre-covid it could be a mess getting out of there at 4-5pm.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2022, 5:02 PM

A $6 Billion Update Creates an Entirely New Neighborhood at the Navy Yard

Read/view more here:
https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...-the-navy-yard

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals