HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 2:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Let's hope so. Although Foster is back, tenant needs and preferences have changed. Now we are seeing building designs with terraces...
I agree. Larry keeps suggesting that a new design will emerge.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySky View Post
One and 7 World Trade Center don't have terraces. A podium is fine.
They we're also designed 15 years ago.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 4:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySky View Post
One and 7 World Trade Center don't have terraces. A podium is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
They we're also designed 15 years ago.

Exactly. Foster could work some into his design, they just have to stick to that height limit.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 7:15 PM
:: slurrey.com ::

It'd look nice if they designed roof height the same as 1wtc's roof height, with the empty space spire almost halfway the height at the wtc1 spire. Most of all I'm just hoping it doesn't cut costs/features like the other towers did.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 11:00 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

2 WTC is finally going to rise. AT LAST!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 12:02 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Something significant downtown as well. Can't wait for 45 Broad as well.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 1:00 PM
BANNED

Considering how over the top Goldman's profits are, I can see them seeking extra space near the downtown office. Fortunately, Wall Street banks value working from offices.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/15/gold...s-q3-2021.html

Goldman Sachs crushes analysts’ estimates on strong investment banking and trading results
PUBLISHED FRI, OCT 15 20216:48 AM EDTUPDATED 17 MIN AGO

Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 7:58 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

I think someone needs to update the 2 World Trade Center just to replace the BIG’s tower with Norman Fosters. Also “Affirmation Tower” needs to be added to the diagram as well.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 1:37 AM
Sydney

There is no Norman Foster design to add to the diagram right now. Also, I believe the Adjaye tower is just one of multiple competition bids right now, but not yet the selected proposal for the site.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 5:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Yeah, we have yet to see the revised Foster design, and we don’t know what the final proposal for 418 11th Avenue will be. And we don’t know when we will know either.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 9:09 PM

Every time it's the same story. They announce things will be getting off the ground soon but that they have to wait just a few more months.

They did the same thing before the covid pandemic thinking the good economy would last. They said within a few months things would get underway. Then the pandemic occurred, the economy predictably took a downturn and they postponed plans, saying "maybe during the next business cycle". They are doing the same thing now, even as downsizing of offices and increased popularity of remote work make the building of office towers less of a priority for many companies and continued construction of high-rises in midtown siphon away prospective tenants.

The oculus beer garden and plaza area with planters is a nice touch but it's only open from April to October, leaving the site bare for the rest of the year with the same old graffiti on the mechanical ventilation shafts that's been there since 2018.

At some point they really have to get going before this tower gets even more value engineered and/or activists start demanding it devotes space to residential section 8 housing complexes like they are for 5 World Trade Center.

IMO until there is actual steel work construction going on above grade, this thread should be in the proposed highrises/supertalls section. Tired of the false starts, it's been 20 years and the main complex still isn't finished and many people are starting to think 1 World Trade Center will be the only noticeably tall tower on the site (3 World Trade Center had its height cut down and doesn't even match the heft that 1 World Trade Center has, being more similar in size to 4 World Trade Center). In 20 years since the start of original construction, all 6 of the old WTC buildings were complete, as was the hotel, and steel work on WTC 7 was rising.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 9:12 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtrade2021 View Post
Every time it's the same story. They announce things will be getting off the ground soon but that they have to wait just a few more months.

Yea, I'll believe 2WTC will be built when I see it, it's gonna be the same story for a while I think...

Hopefully I'm wrong and now that Covid is (sort of) behind us things can get going again

Old Posted Oct 19, 2021, 1:13 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtrade2021 View Post
IMO until there is actual steel work construction going on above grade, this thread should be in the proposed highrises/supertalls section. Tired of the false starts, it's been 20 years and the main complex still isn't finished and many people are starting to think 1 World Trade Center will be the only noticeably tall tower on the site (3 World Trade Center had its height cut down and doesn't even match the heft that 1 World Trade Center has, being more similar in size to 4 World Trade Center). In 20 years since the start of original construction, all 6 of the old WTC buildings were complete, as was the hotel, and steel work on WTC 7 was rising.
There was no false start. There are construction photos, and the lower levels have already been built. IMO, people should stop bumping this thread to basically post that there is no news. We already know a tenant hasn't signed yet, and it's currently stalled. No need to keep bumping the thread if there is nothing to report.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 1:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 1:42 PM

Pretty cool!

When it will built, 2 wtc would cover one wtc from brooklyn bridge view?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 1:45 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Handsome enough building, but I wonder if the screens atop its peak exceeding the roof height of WTC1 won't muddle the intended rising spiral effect. I know technically it doesn't violate the site plan, but it seems to dilute the intended "city crown" impression.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 1:55 PM
BANNED

I like it, but I don't see a 1m sf tenant commitment any time soon. There are better projects in Midtown and the HY.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 2:02 PM

This latest possible version of 2 WTC would look okay along 3 and 4 WTC, but it doesn't flow at all with 1 WTC!

Def. not an Iconic tower, just a tower..Norman Foster.. way overrated!!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 2:04 PM
Show me the blueprints

Milk Toast.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 2:57 PM

At this point, I'd take the controversial BIG/Ingels design over this mediocre mess. It's a nice enough office building for Midtown or the West Side, but this one should be iconic, and is just more in line with a Penn 15 type nerdgasm for techie types than a world class icon. Just a huge misfire, plain and simple... hopefully Foster throws this design out with the trash. Put it this way, I'd much rather see the speculated candidate for 418 11th Avenue there over this deep disappointment.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction