HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 5, 2022, 1:49 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, the construction of the new roundabout at Pinewood and Pine Glen will start next Monday.

The intersection will be closed for the next seven weeks to allow for construction. The reopening date is tentatively June 24th.

Old Posted May 5, 2022, 2:02 PM

I didn't like this idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. This intersection is only going to get busier with all the residential development currently happening, and more to come in the future.

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 5:56 PM

The top floor of The Tides is framed in. Still a long way to go, but we can now get a sense of the scale of the building. I observed this morning while coming across the bridge how noticeable the building is. I can imaging how The Current is going to stand out at 10 floors!

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 1:57 AM

Took an urban cruise around the riverfront on the eBike and captured a few pics.

The Tides view from Moncton's riverfront trail.

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
And the earth moving has begun. Not a major project at 12 units over 2 floors, but another vacant lot generating a bit more tax revenue for the town. Good location, it should be fully leased quite quickly.
Drove by the site today, and it was a bee-hive of activity. Concrete had already been poured. Being a smaller project at 12 just units, it shouldn't take long to bring this building to market.

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 8:47 AM
Random Contributor

The brick on the Fairways complex is looking classy.

The colour scheme blends in well with the neighboring houses.

Further along Gunningsville blvd, Dobson Landing is at 3 floors with more houses being built behind it.

Last edited by riverviewer; May 14, 2022 at 9:03 AM.

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 1:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice photos (and it is nice to see you posting photos on the forum recently). It adds a lot to the site.

The Fairways is easily one of the better quality apartment complexes under construction in the metro area. Clayton Developments out of Halifax is a good quality company. I look forward to seeing what the landscaping will be like. I expect a garden-like atmosphere.

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 6:23 PM

The Fairways will continue to grow over time. There are plans for more apartments, and they're continuing to expand the size of the subdivision. Currently there are multiple semi detached homes under construction on the most recent new street. It's a quality development for the Town of Riverview, and it will be interesting to see if Clayton Developments has plans for more, once The Fairways is fully built out.

Old Posted May 29, 2022, 11:58 PM

The Pet Valu in Riverview is now open.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 10:47 AM

They are working on the extension of Cleveland Avenue through to Gunningsville this morning. I hadn’t heard anything about this, but we had speculated that when they built the Kent store that they would extend this road. This should hopefully allow the remaining undeveloped lands in the area to develop more quickly.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 12:19 AM

Would they be starting construction on the Kent store this year I wonder? I thought it wasn't slated to start until next year.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Would they be starting construction on the Kent store this year I wonder? I thought it wasn't slated to start until next year.
Oh I thought it was supposed to start this year. I suppose I just assumed.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 3:22 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Oh I thought it was supposed to start this year. I suppose I just assumed.
I'm pretty sure jonny is right. I don't think the new Kent will be built until next year.

I'm glad to see Cleveland being extended though. This will expand the potential retail footprint in Findlay park.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I'm pretty sure jonny is right. I don't think the new Kent will be built until next year.

I'm glad to see Cleveland being extended though. This will expand the potential retail footprint in Findlay park.
Interesting, I guess I never really paid attention to the date they were planning on building. The Cleveland extension is therefore unlikely to be related but should be a welcomed through street for the area helping to further increase development.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 1:44 PM

King's Ice cream has opened a location besides the Chocolate river station in Riverview
https://www.instagram.com/stories/ki...8214094324631/

Think this will be a big hit especially next door to the trail and Holy Whale

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Interesting, I guess I never really paid attention to the date they were planning on building. The Cleveland extension is therefore unlikely to be related but should be a welcomed through street for the area helping to further increase development.
One of the variances that Kent was asking for was: instead of the maximum allowed of 2 driveways, was to have 3. The plans are for two on Findlay Blvd (58m apart) and one on Gunningsville Blvd. So I think you are right about the Cleveland extension being unrelated to the Kent project.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 7:17 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
One of the variances that Kent was asking for was: instead of the maximum allowed of 2 driveways, was to have 3. The plans are for two on Findlay Blvd (58m apart) and one on Gunningsville Blvd. So I think you are right about the Cleveland extension being unrelated to the Kent project.
They might just want a shorter detour for the Pine Glen traffic circle road closure.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
King's Ice cream has opened a location besides the Chocolate river station in Riverview
https://www.instagram.com/stories/ki...8214094324631/

Think this will be a big hit especially next door to the trail and Holy Whale
The ice cream shop just across Coverdale Rd. on Cleveland always seemed to do good business. I was surprised that it closed, given how busy it was. I think this one will do very well.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
They might just want a shorter detour for the Pine Glen traffic circle road closure.
You’d think it would already be open if that was the case. Either way, it should open some of the land for development!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:57 PM

Quote:
You’d think it would already be open if that was the case. Either way, it should open some of the land for development!
Both are under construction at the same time. If Cleveland opens first it would for sure help out with the traffic circle detour. But I think if that were the reason for the extension, they would have done the Cleveland job first. Could something be in the works for the vacant land that will be opened up? More apartments?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces