HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
We barbeque a fair bit but only use one tank in a summer. What do those cost to refill, like $25? So yeah, not any hassle and very cheap.
I agree. Or use the ones downstairs... hopefully everyone respects the shared property and cleans it after use.

Last edited by wh0-care5; May 29, 2020 at 5:50 PM.

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0-care5 View Post
I agree. Or use the ones downstairs... hopefully everyone respects the shared property and cleans it after use.
Forgot about those ones, how many are there?

Still, nice to be in your own private area with a gas bbq for sure

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 10:59 PM

Anyone in tower 1 have access to the amenities and have pictures of it? I’m curious of how it looks! Thanks

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab2girl View Post
Anyone in tower 1 have access to the amenities and have pictures of it? I’m curious of how it looks! Thanks
The Brentwood website has a virtual tour of the amenities!

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EEbDUkJhtCF

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 6:52 PM

Any Tower 2 people got a completion/move-in date yet? I assume they will start occupancy at the bottom and work upwards. I'm near the top... trying to do some math (how many floors per week) as to when we'll see ours.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0-care5 View Post
The Brentwood website has a virtual tour of the amenities!

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EEbDUkJhtCF
That gym is pretty impressive for a condo. All it's missing is a free weight squat rack and a bench press. I don't think I've ever seen dumbbells up to 100 in a condo gym usually 50 max.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 11:45 PM

I've owned units in other condos and I am not really impressed with the gym. More specifically I've owned a unit in a building built by Onni, the unit was not that great but the gym was amazing.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
That gym is pretty impressive for a condo. All it's missing is a free weight squat rack and a bench press. I don't think I've ever seen dumbbells up to 100 in a condo gym usually 50 max.
They have what looks like a squat/bench combo rack near the TRX cables

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 7:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnaby91 View Post
They have what looks like a squat/bench combo rack near the TRX cables
Smith machine. They aren't bad and serve a purpose but in my opinion a power rack is much better and less restrictive in terms of different movements.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2020, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Smith machine. They aren't bad and serve a purpose but in my opinion a power rack is much better and less restrictive in terms of different movements.
I wish it was a power/squat rack. That is the primary reason I go to the gym for.

But understandable we won't have one for safety reasons as the weight room won't be constantly monitored by staff and other gym-goers like in a typical gym.

Fingers crossed for Steve Nash, or atleast something for the new Brentwood gym, will recover from their insolvency.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 6:54 PM

A QUESTION ABOUT TEMPERATURE / COMFORT...

Hey Hey Fellow Neighbors!

I purchased a unit on a high floor in T2 and had my walkthrough 2 weeks ago. I was expecting the building to have central air so imagine my surprise when they told me that there wasn't going to be air conditioning.

For the residents in T1, how were the summer months for you guys? Did you guys have to get some sort of AC or was it tolerable? Are the "Fresh Air" ducts funneling cold air into the unit? Any other thoughts or suggestions regarding this are welcome!

Thank you!!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 8:05 PM

Has anybody heard anything regarding completion dates for Tower 2?

Tower 1 neighbors, do you remember what the timeline was like between your walk through and completion dates?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskho View Post
A QUESTION ABOUT TEMPERATURE / COMFORT...

Hey Hey Fellow Neighbors!

I purchased a unit on a high floor in T2 and had my walkthrough 2 weeks ago. I was expecting the building to have central air so imagine my surprise when they told me that there wasn't going to be air conditioning.

For the residents in T1, how were the summer months for you guys? Did you guys have to get some sort of AC or was it tolerable? Are the "Fresh Air" ducts funneling cold air into the unit? Any other thoughts or suggestions regarding this are welcome!

Thank you!!
I also have a unit in T2 and was bummed out about not having AC. My quintet unit in richmond which is now 6 years old has ductless AC for both bedrooms and living room so i was surprised by the lack of comfort features these units have. I did already purchase a dual hose AC unit which i think will be just fine.

When you went for your walkthrough, did they say anything about the main entrance of T2 or the garage? As in how far along they are in finishing it? Because those are the last pieces they needed to complete before move in when i went for my walkthrough.

Just want to also mention, I'm pretty disappointed in the "condo sized" kitchen appliances. I would understand if it were for a studio suite or 1 bedroom, but when you have a 2 bedroom plus den/flex, your expected that the appliances should accommodate family size. The fridge/freezer does not have room to support 4 people, neither does the oven which isn't that much bigger than the microwave.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 8:26 PM

Quote:
AFor the residents in T1, how were the summer months for you guys?
Not sure if you have traveled back in time or what, but for rest of us the summer has yet to start and nobody has yet lived through a summer on these towers.

Also surprising to keep hearing people still bein surprised by now A/C as even I know about it and have nothing to do with this project. Did they really not brief people on these details when buying? Sound incredible to put down $$$ and not know much about the units.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 8:27 PM

Hi Zamir,

What model AC unit did you buy? Additionally, do you think they will allow the installation of window mount units?

As for the lobby and parking, they did not allow us to look at either. They said that it was not complete and still an active construction zone, and kinda avoided talking about it further... (our walkthrough was late May)

As for appliances, my unit has 2 refrigerators and 2 ovens... so i cant complain about capacity... but you are definitely right in terms of the lack of comfort features for an apartment in 2020...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post
I also have a unit in T2 and was bummed out about not having AC. My quintet unit in richmond which is now 6 years old has ductless AC for both bedrooms and living room so i was surprised by the lack of comfort features these units have. I did already purchase a dual hose AC unit which i think will be just fine.

When you went for your walkthrough, did they say anything about the main entrance of T2 or the garage? As in how far along they are in finishing it? Because those are the last pieces they needed to complete before move in when i went for my walkthrough.

Just want to also mention, I'm pretty disappointed in the "condo sized" kitchen appliances. I would understand if it were for a studio suite or 1 bedroom, but when you have a 2 bedroom plus den/flex, your expected that the appliances should accommodate family size. The fridge/freezer does not have room to support 4 people, neither does the oven which isn't that much bigger than the microwave.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 9:50 PM

I ended up getting a Haier 13,500 btu dual hose which is goot for up to 600sqf. Dual hose portable ac are always better and more efficient/reliable than single hose. I purchased a Styrofoam insulation board and cut it down to size for my current location, part of it i used for the window and part of it i used for the sliding door, which is how i will do it at T2 when i move, although I'll probably spray paint it white to make it less noticeable.

I don't see why not for putting a window mounted AC, provided you can find one that fits, its not structural changes

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I don't see why not for putting a window mounted AC, provided you can find one that fits, its not structural changes
My building (not Brentwood) doesn't allow window mounted AC because of the noise. If anyone here wants AC they have to get a portable unit. It's better to check what's allowed vs risking a big fine.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 12:13 AM

Thank you for the suggestions!

Quote:
I ended up getting a Haier 13,500 btu dual hose which is goot for up to 600sqf. Dual hose portable ac are always better and more efficient/reliable than single hose. I purchased a Styrofoam insulation board and cut it down to size for my current location, part of it i used for the window and part of it i used for the sliding door, which is how i will do it at T2 when i move, although I'll probably spray paint it white to make it less noticeable.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 12:14 AM

Thanks Sheba, appreciate the advice. Ill be sure to check the building rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
My building (not Brentwood) doesn't allow window mounted AC because of the noise. If anyone here wants AC they have to get a portable unit. It's better to check what's allowed vs risking a big fine.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Hi Zamir,

What model AC unit did you buy? Additionally, do you think they will allow the installation of window mount units?

As for the lobby and parking, they did not allow us to look at either. They said that it was not complete and still an active construction zone, and kinda avoided talking about it further... (our walkthrough was late May)

As for appliances, my unit has 2 refrigerators and 2 ovens... so i cant complain about capacity... but you are definitely right in terms of the lack of comfort features for an apartment in 2020...
Wow yours must be a penthouse if it comes with 2 ovens and 2 fridges. May I ask what level to compare if they are finished walk through s?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley