HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 7:20 PM

Don't know if I'm reading this wrong...

Apparently there is only 1000 SF left to lease at King George Station... At least, that's what I'm led to believe when they put 1000 SF under 'Total Space Available'...

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink...RID=1903819501

Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 7:44 AM

That's the way I would read it. Hmmm.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 4:17 PM

That or you could read it that they've only put 1 space of 1000 square feet on the open market so far. They don't even seem to have a proposal into the City of Surrey yet so I'd be really surprised if they have leased out or are near leasing out the majority of the project. There is no project technically at this stage.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2012, 10:58 PM

bosa has a sign up in front of dell centre for lease inquiries...could be good news that this project is moving forward.....if you go by their highgate example, they just let the old leases run out and then tore it down....prolly still a couple of years away but at least it looks like end of days for that mall..,..

Old Posted Mar 6, 2012, 6:15 PM

Found out they are in negotiation phase with only large anchor tenants which is why the site only says 1000 square feet available. They are trying to get anchors first then will lease out the rest.

So it's as I thought, not that there is only 1,000 left but that they've only put 1,000 up.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 2:45 AM

What's happening with this? The site shows no sign of future development.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
I want my 70-storey tower, dammit.

That being said, this is great news. New buildings for Surrey can be nothing but good.
wait for 2020, surrey's not gona be a player untill vancouver runs out of space

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 4:25 PM

They were working on securing major tenants before proceeding to next phase last I talked to them. That can take a while (upwards of a year even). So you'll probably not see anything until next year or the year after unfortunately my best guess.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2012, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansky View Post
wait for 2020, surrey's not gona be a player untill vancouver runs out of space
Leave me my fantasies.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 7:58 PM

Development submitted for initial review:

http://developers.surrey.ca/AMANDA5/...tNumber=12-332

One step closer to reality. Must mean they have secure at least 1 anchor tenant because the fellow I spoke to said they wouldn't submit to the city until they had at least 1 anchor.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Description: To rezone to CD in order to permit a multi-phase mixed use office, retail and residential development consisting of an overall total of approx. 1700 residential units and approx. 72865 sq. M of commercial space.
1700 residential units? 1700?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 1:54 AM

12 units per floor = 2 - 70 story towers! Surrey's gonna be king of the skyscrapers in metro van.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
12 units per floor = 2 - 70 story towers! Surrey's gonna be king of the skyscrapers in metro van.
I see three residential towers in the render. They look about 35 stories each.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Development submitted for initial review:

http://developers.surrey.ca/AMANDA5/...tNumber=12-332

One step closer to reality. Must mean they have secure at least 1 anchor tenant because the fellow I spoke to said they wouldn't submit to the city until they had at least 1 anchor.
Wow, 1,700 units? 72,865 sq mts for commercial space? That's amazing! I wonder if they will demolish the ugly hotel south of the station. That will provide some pretty decent space.

Nice to see PCI in the area! Good competition to Concord Pacific. PCI are the guys from Marine Gateway project, right?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 6:34 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Yes, PCI is Marine Gateway. I didn't realize they were a developer and not a construction company (a la PCL). Apparently they need a pretty serious rebrand, in that case.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Yes, PCI is Marine Gateway. I didn't realize they were a developer and not a construction company (a la PCL). Apparently they need a pretty serious rebrand, in that case.
Well, this is a good start towards making that happen for them. That commercial space works out to about 800,000 thousand square feet! That's some significant office space, along with, of course, the 1700 units.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebby View Post
I see three residential towers in the render. They look about 35 stories each.
Even then, three 35-storey towers would equate to about 16 homes per floor. Either the towers get bigger or there's a lowrise/townhouse component.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 8:40 AM

Yah the project has to have changed. 3 x 35 story towers with 12 units per floor (most in the area are actually around 8-10 maximum btw) would still be 1260 units. That's an entire tower short meaning either it is 4 towers or the configuration of the residential part of the project has changed.

Will be interesting to see when the proposal is released unless someone can get additional information sooner.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Well, this is a good start towards making that happen for them. That commercial space works out to about 800,000 thousand square feet! That's some significant office space, along with, of course, the 1700 units.
I would imagine a large amount of that 800,000sf of commercial is retail.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 8:03 PM

Is this project related to this thread? New Coast Capital head office at King George Station. Notice the LRT, or RapidBus, can't tell.

http://www.news1130.com/business/art...ng-head-office

Quote:
Coast Capital moving head office
Has an unusual design

SURREY (NEWS1130) - Coast Capital Savings is moving its head office, adding to the rush of development in Surrey City Centre.

The nine-storey, 180,000-square-foot building will be built alongside the King George Skytrain station, with completion slated for late 2015.

CEO Tracy Redies says 70 per cent of the staff currently at its Guildford head office and Central City administration office live south of the Fraser River, which was a factor in choosing the new location.

The design is unusual, with a forward-leaning front edge and floors that are unevenly stacked to give it a slightly wavy look when viewed head-on.

The builder, PCI Developments, says Coast Capital's headquarters will be LEED Gold Certified. It has plans for three more phases of commercial and residential development on the site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley