HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 10, 2021, 1:23 PM

I wonder if the work at The Tides slowed down because they were waiting for this tower crane? Thrive Properties removed the smaller crane and sent it to their Dobson Crossing site. Could have been part of the plan all along. They'll obviously need a crane at the Coverdale Road site, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 8:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is apparently the fate for the former NB Tel building on Mapleton Road.

Thrive Properties has finished gutting the building, and is planning on leasing it for commercial purposes.

Quote:
Welcome to 555 Mapleton! We have stripped this building (former Bell Aliant) down to its frame and will be completely overhauling the entire structure with an anticipated opening in spring 2022.

This will be a Class A building featuring: excellent visibility, proximity to the highway and Wheeler Boulevard, abundant parking spaces, high ceilings, lots of windows, warehousing capability, landscaped park space for employees, etc. Space available from 5,000 to 35,000 sqft. Possible uses include office, retail, medical, call centre, light warehousing, etc.

Reach out to us at https://thriveproperties.ca/contact-us/ for more information.
This is a bit of a surprise. I recall seeing a site plan on the web, shortly after Thrive bought this property, showing a proposed multi-building residential project, to be integrated into the surrounding "Vision Lands."

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 4:47 PM

Question- does anyone know who constructed/designed the brick townhouses at 70-82 Croasdale? I'd never noticed them before. Distinctive half-block.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Question- does anyone know who constructed/designed the brick townhouses at 70-82 Croasdale? I'd never noticed them before. Distinctive half-block.
That was part of the original development before it went under. The whole area was supposed to be like that. Now it just looks out of place. The further you go down the road the crapper the development becomes.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
That was part of the original development before it went under. The whole area was supposed to be like that. Now it just looks out of place. The further you go down the road the crapper the development becomes.
That's exactly why I'm intrigued. These aren't new either- they're visible on the 17 year old satellite imagery on PAOL. This would have been very neat in a more urban location.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 6:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are clearing and site-prepping a moderately large lot on the north side of Mountain Road, just to the east of Maplehurst. Does anyone know what this is about???

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
They're interesting but also kind of incongruous. I appreciate that someone put some extra effort in but the execution is a bit lacking.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They are clearing and site-prepping a moderately large lot on the north side of Mountain Road, just to the east of Maplehurst. Does anyone know what this is about???
Isn't that the lot where three 6-story apartment buildings were proposed earlier this year?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 8:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Isn't that the lot where three 6-story apartment buildings were proposed earlier this year?
No, that’s a bit further to the west

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 6:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There are now stakes in the ground on Twin Oaks Drive, where the first building of Thrive's Village at Twin Oaks is planned:

I presume this might mean that initial site preparation may take place this fall, prior to actual construction commencing next year.
Construction fencing is now being erected on this site for Phase 1 of the Village at Twin Oaks.

Will we see excavation and laying of the foundation before the snow flies???

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 8:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Digging has commenced. They are not wasting time!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2021, 8:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The commercial/retail plaza that Corey Craig has planned for the east side of Horsman Road, just up from the Timmies/Shell complex now has a name:

There is new signage on the lot announcing Horsman Place. The sign states construction is happening soon, and that pre-leasing is available.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2021, 2:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a lot of tree cutting and land clearing going on at the end of Carson Drive, just beyond the Rally Motors auto mall. Does anyone have any ideas?

Given the location, a residential development seems most likely, but I believe there is a church which owns some land in there as well. I wonder if they are planning construction?

In addition, there is the opportunity to connect Carson with that stump of Cedar Street as well. I wonder if this could be in the offing?

This is one of the few pieces of vacant land inside Wheeler Blvd. It should be prime for development.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 1:47 AM
Throbbing Mass

Do you know if there'll be any plans to connect Karen Drive as well?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 2:15 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumater View Post
Do you know if there'll be any plans to connect Karen Drive as well?
I don't know anything at all really. All I noticed is that when I drove by there the other day, there was extensive tree cutting going on.

Another online forum is reporting that the reason for this is because there was a large squatters encampment in the woods, and the land owner chose the nuclear option to deal with the situation. I don't know how true this is.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 10:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It appears that construction has started on the new Burger King/KFC combo store in Magnetic Hill north of the TCH.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 3:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have installed the new traffic lights at Mountain Road & Ensley Drive (by the Magnetic Hill McDonalds). They have not yet been activated.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 9:22 PM

I can't wait to see how that 6 story appartment building across from Home Hardware is going to affect snow drifting on Mountain road. That building is very close to the street.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 10:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is an interesting online article in the T&T regarding building permits issued in greater Moncton so far this year. We already know about most of these, but there was one that caught my eye.

Apparently, a new clinic is to be built on Horsman Road for a value of $1.6M.

Now, there is no place to really build a clinic anywhere on Horsman, unless this clinic will be part of the Horsman Centre complex which is now pre-leasing.

Have we just found out there will be a medical clinic in the Horsman Centre? If so, this would probably confirm the render above showing a pharmacy as part of the complex too. Doctors offices and pharmacies often coexist side by side..........

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 1:45 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Article in Huddle today:

New Moncton Apartments Are Filling Fast, As Construction Continues
Oct 18, 2021by Sam Macdonald
https://huddle.today/new-moncton-apa...Ow-v5_TwvCRBnc

Huddle photo - the picture is a little out of date, the parking lot is paved and tenants are already moving into Building #1

Basically the article states that apartments in Building #1 at 2251 Mountain Road (apparently called North Point Estates) are renting out so quickly that the developers are having to stagger and delay move in times to prevent congestion in the lobby and on the elevators.

Building #2 will open in late winter or early spring of 2022.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces