HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:31 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyPeg View Post
Mostly a spectator in here..for years actually. Cant recall the last time I posted. But the title of this thread lured me out of anonymity to say I am female.
You see my avatar? It's the host of Everyday Italian, Giada de Laurentiis.

Because my avatar is a woman who is a celebrity, I have, on occasion, received unsolicited come-ons from male members of this forum. Now, they all occurred years ago when the picture I was using was a close up of her face (it was assigned to me by an administrator as punishment and I lost the ability to change it for a while) but it really put into perspective the kind of shit women have to deal with on forums like this.

Now, as a gay man, I've also had other members of this forum show me pictures of their anus and ask me if I liked it. And then insult me when I said no.

Also, as a gay man, 1.3% of the population thinks I'm a woman.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
any students on this form?
I've been following this forum for about 4 years now. I'm 20 years old. I wish we had a separate thread from Saskatchewan lmao.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy6 View Post
I've been following this forum for about 4 years now. I'm 20 years old. I wish we had a separate thread from Saskatchewan lmao.
i always thought that myself too. Winnipeg threads do seem to get more attention combined than saskatchewan threads alone. It would also clean things up a bit and be more organized and be easier to read and find the thread that you want to jump into.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:45 PM

Quote:
This issue comes up every once in a while and after some debate we decide to keep things as is. I personally like seeing what is happening in Saskatchewan so I don't mind keeping SK and MB together.

By the way, I always thought my avatar was a ram's/sheep's head. Apparently it is a woman with shaggy hair. So there you go.

Sorry for the on-topic/ off-topic post.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 2:53 PM

It makes no sense for the threads to be together. It's actually insulting for both provinces. We are distinct political and geographic areas after all. It would still be open go comment on one or the forum anyway.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:10 PM

so was this just the forumers agreeing to keep the man/sask thread as a category ? or was it an issue where no moderator got around to changing things up or was it not discussed enough?

personally, id like to see them divided. Manitoba has enough winnipeg threads that are active that can be its own Manitoba Category, with threads for brandon and area, and northern manitoba??etc... and then merging some older threads( that could even spark new discussions ) that have to do with the province also.

ill toss this to the sask guys on stoon III thread and see their thoughts.

let me know your thoughts on this. then if everyone is for it ill bring it up with the other mods and see what their thoughts are.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:21 PM

My impression is that in the past most forumers were happy to keep things together after some debate and voting. However, maybe it's time to revisit the situation?

I think the biggest impediment to separating the two is that there doesn't seem to be an active Winnipeg-based Moderator keeping an eye on the Winnipeg threads. Keeping the threads together would mean Sask-based mods might help keep an eye on things here.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:25 PM

How did this thread turn into a yet another discussion about whether to split the MB/SK boards?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
My impression is that in the past most forumers were happy to keep things together after some debate and voting. However, maybe it's time to revisit the situation?

I think the biggest impediment to separating the two is that there doesn't seem to be an active Winnipeg-based Moderator keeping an eye on the Winnipeg threads. Keeping the threads together would mean Sask-based mods might help keep an eye on things here.
Im the Man/Sask mod. Even if we do divide the categories, ill watch over the Manitoba stuff.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:29 PM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

Now, as a gay man, I've also had other members of this forum show me pictures of their anus and ask me if I liked it. And then insult me when I said no.
In my admittedly few confrontations with the image of a male anus, either through direct observation or photograph, my policy has always been to try to find something nice to say about it: "the hair really hides most of the pimples", etc.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 5:42 PM
keep the good times going

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only young person on here! I'm 21 been following for 3 years

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post

Every couple years or so the topic comes up. Every couple years or so someone says lets revisit it. Every couple years or so, someone says we've done that already nobody wants it. Every couple years or so a poll is put up and the majority vote for a separation. Every couple of years or so the results of said poll go nowhere and the status quo remains and people misremember said poll and think the majority wanted it to remain. Rinse and repeat.

Aug 2010 64% in favour of separation:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=184481

Mar 2013 58% in favour of some form of separation:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=204407

Jan 2016 58% in favour of separation:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=220735

But yeah, I guess by the timing it is time to put up another poll showing the majority of people want to separate the sections.

Last edited by cheswick; Oct 19, 2018 at 6:03 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Every year or so the topic comes up. Every year or so someone says lets revisit it. Every year or so, someone says we've done that already nobody wants it. Every year or so a poll is put up and the majority vote for a separate Manitoba section. Every year or so the results of said poll go nowhere and the status quo remains and people misremember said poll and think the majority wanted it to remain. Rinse and repeat.
sounds like its something that maybe shouldve been done a while back. few of the stoon guys said they wouldnt mind seeing it divided up as well.

ill make this the last and final discussion about this topic. if we want it switched up, ill make it happen.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:08 PM

Its like the forums version of the opening of P&M debate

Whats the big deal if there is a section with very few discussion threads in it? Its only going to build over time.

Assuming that was the reason for amalgamating the MB and SK section.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkspec View Post

Whats the big deal if there is a section with very few discussion threads in it? Its only going to build over time.

All of Canada was together at one time, but it got splintered as traffic grew during the 2000s.

It does seem that growth has levelled off somewhat on SSP generally. I enjoy this forum as my post count will attest, but the whole thing is starting to feel a bit like a web 1.0 relic of ye olden days, at least in terms of how the forum works.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkspec View Post

that was a little concern was that the saskatchewan threads arent as active as winnipeg alone, but last year or so ive seen more posts than in the previous years for sask. going forward, even if development is at its minimum, sask having its own section would be fine.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You see my avatar? It's the host of Everyday Italian, Giada de Laurentiis.

Because my avatar is a woman who is a celebrity, I have, on occasion, received unsolicited come-ons from male members of this forum. Now, they all occurred years ago when the picture I was using was a close up of her face (it was assigned to me by an administrator as punishment and I lost the ability to change it for a while) but it really put into perspective the kind of shit women have to deal with on forums like this.

Also, as a gay man, 1.3% of the population thinks I'm a woman.
If this happens on SSP, I can't imagine car forums hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov View Post
In my admittedly few confrontations with the image of a male anus, either through direct observation or photograph, my policy has always been to try to find something nice to say about it: "the hair really hides most of the pimples", etc.
Well that got me. You get my laughs today, or atleast 75% of them.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyPeg View Post
Mostly a spectator in here..for years actually. Cant recall the last time I posted. But the title of this thread lured me out of anonymity to say I am female.
You need to post more, the more voices on these threads the better!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
All of Canada was together at one time, but it got splintered as traffic grew during the 2000s.

It does seem that growth has levelled off somewhat on SSP generally. I enjoy this forum as my post count will attest, but the whole thing is starting to feel a bit like a web 1.0 relic of ye olden days, at least in terms of how the forum works.
Lol. You got that right. I would just take any sort of mobile friendly version at this point.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 11:41 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

theres lurkers and one or 2 that post from time to time but not many most are busy working in the real world implimenting the cool stuff going on

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan