HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 5:27 PM

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Yay, thank you!!! Hopefully the signage will be turned on. Looks good.

PS. Are they putting signage on the outside of the building for Urban Planet and Ardene? Would be nice to have some night time Signage lighting off of Hamilton and Sask Drive.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Feb 21, 2020 at 5:43 PM.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 5:45 PM

There's signage on Sask Drive for Urban Planet.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 5:53 PM

Quote:
There's signage on Sask Drive for Urban Planet.
Phew!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Is it just me or does it look like they moved the Koodo kiosk?

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Is it just me or does it look like they moved the Koodo kiosk?
It's still there; I just stood in front of it. For the record, the sign is lit up now too.

I walked around in it at lunch - it's honestly not as bad as I thought it'd be. It reminds me a lot of Forever 21 (RIP).

Old Posted Feb 22, 2020, 8:17 PM

Would anyone be able to take pics of the new signage on the outside of the Former Sears chunk of Cornwall Centre? Did they put it on Hamilton Street too?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 9:50 PM

Cade Style Lounge on South Albert has announced they are closing. They are claiming that they took some risks to grow their business during an economic downturn and that has led to this, also claiming that people need to support local.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
Cade Style Lounge on South Albert has announced they are closing. They are claiming that they took some risks to grow their business during an economic downturn and that has led to this, also claiming that people need to support local.
Coda as well.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 1:21 PM

I wonder to what degree their move away from their downtown location impacted this. I was never a fan of their new location on south Albert. Sad to see either way.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 12:38 AM

Quote:
I wonder to what degree their move away from their downtown location impacted this. I was never a fan of their new location on south Albert. Sad to see either way.
South Albert seems like a weird retail strip (groceries, banking & fast/casual food, and medical/dental, sure - well established, but other retail?)... curious how well Havik's done since they moved.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 1:40 AM

Chinese Variety Retailer YOYOSO to Enter Canada with Plans for Multiple Storefronts
February 26, 2020

PHOTO: YOYOSO

Chinese variety retailer YOYOSO is kicking off its entry into Canada this spring with its first storefront set to open in a shopping centre in Regina. A company representative told Retail Insider that YOYOSO will look to open 30-40 stores in Canada, and possibly more depending on performance.

YOYOSO’s first Canadian store will locate at the Southland Shopping Centre in Regina. The franchised location will be located in a 2,000-square-foot space in the mall which is anchored by Canadian Tire, Safeway, and a Cineplex cinema. Renderings of the YOYOSO store show a bright space characterized by the retailer’s blue-green branding that is eye-catching. Other major markets in Canada are also expected to see YOYOSO stores open as the brand further penetrates the Canadian market.

The retailer focuses on eight categories in its stores, including health and beauty/cosmetics, home accessories, fashion accessories, fashion bags, digital accessories, stationery & gifts, seasonal products, and imported food. A total of 5,000 products are available and YOYOSO says that 500 new items arrive in its stores each month. Target markets vary from mainstream value-seekers to even “white collar workers” and “the petty bourgeoisie” according to a post on the Southland Shopping Centre website. “As far as now, the YOYOSO stores have totally served more than 1 billion customers all over the world,” the post goes on to say. More than 100 designers create products for the retailer’s stores.

YOYOSO was founded in 2014 and now operates more than 1,000 stores in 30 countries worldwide. Markets include China, Malaysia, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Bahrain, Brunei, Georgia, Kuwait, India, South Africa, Hungary, Mongolia, Brazil, the United States, Guatemala, Ecuador, France, Russia, and Iraq. South Africa is a new market for YOYOSO, according to its website.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...le-storefronts

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
Chinese Variety Retailer YOYOSO to Enter Canada with Plans for Multiple Storefronts
February 26, 2020

PHOTO: YOYOSO

Chinese variety retailer YOYOSO is kicking off its entry into Canada this spring with its first storefront set to open in a shopping centre in Regina. A company representative told Retail Insider that YOYOSO will look to open 30-40 stores in Canada, and possibly more depending on performance.

YOYOSO’s first Canadian store will locate at the Southland Shopping Centre in Regina. The franchised location will be located in a 2,000-square-foot space in the mall which is anchored by Canadian Tire, Safeway, and a Cineplex cinema. Renderings of the YOYOSO store show a bright space characterized by the retailer’s blue-green branding that is eye-catching. Other major markets in Canada are also expected to see YOYOSO stores open as the brand further penetrates the Canadian market.

The retailer focuses on eight categories in its stores, including health and beauty/cosmetics, home accessories, fashion accessories, fashion bags, digital accessories, stationery & gifts, seasonal products, and imported food. A total of 5,000 products are available and YOYOSO says that 500 new items arrive in its stores each month. Target markets vary from mainstream value-seekers to even “white collar workers” and “the petty bourgeoisie” according to a post on the Southland Shopping Centre website. “As far as now, the YOYOSO stores have totally served more than 1 billion customers all over the world,” the post goes on to say. More than 100 designers create products for the retailer’s stores.

YOYOSO was founded in 2014 and now operates more than 1,000 stores in 30 countries worldwide. Markets include China, Malaysia, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Bahrain, Brunei, Georgia, Kuwait, India, South Africa, Hungary, Mongolia, Brazil, the United States, Guatemala, Ecuador, France, Russia, and Iraq. South Africa is a new market for YOYOSO, according to its website.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...le-storefronts
Wow. First in Canada. I love that they will cater to the "petty bourgeoisie" or as I suppose Canadians call them, petite bourgeoisie. We certainly have our share of them.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 3:35 PM

I thought Southland already had a sign up for Yoyoso where they have a storefront boarded over. It's sort of across from the library on the inside.

eTA: Opening on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1924194101212930/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 3:36 PM

Interesting that they went with Southland.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Interesting that they went with Southland.
Maybe better leasing price than Cornwall Centre?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
I thought Southland already had a sign up for Yoyoso where they have a storefront boarded over. It's sort of across from the library on the inside.

eTA: Opening on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1924194101212930/
i posted about YOYOSO back on January 7th but I don't think anyone noticed

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
You need pics to get our attention!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 5:02 PM

Is Yoyoso one of the brands out at that "mall" at the GTH? I find it weird why they picked Regina.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 6:14 PM

Quote:
I thought it sounded familiar.

This is just more cheap clothing, isn't it? More fast fashion from China. It won't be quality product.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan