HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 12:10 AM
I like Highrises & GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly View Post
That’s my bad, I edited that, I meant the project as a whole is under construction, not the tower. They’re gonna wait with the tower until phase 1 and 2 are complete. Can’t wait until that tower pokes out of garden city, it’ll be a weird place for a tower but cool nonetheless.
That's OK . Just make sure that it specifies that only phases 1 and 2 are under construction, not the tower.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxo View Post
I saw a post by Boisebro 2 months ago saying that the ICCU tower crane should be up soon, so I am wondering if anyone knows when it goes up?
It appears, per Sawtooth's photos of that construction site that they are moving along and the crane will probably go up soon.

Also, thanks again for the outstanding photos Sawtooth! You add so much to our local forums.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Also, thanks again for the outstanding photos Sawtooth! You add so much to our local forums.
Yes, thank you Sawtooth! They're amazing and I love looking through them.

Also, I wanted to take a moment and recognize how friendly our forum is. I flip through our neighboring cities forums and am constantly amazed how hostile posters there can be. Thanks all for keeping this a civil/friendly thread!

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 3:53 PM

I agree, I am not currently in Boise (in College in Moscow) and I love being able to check in on what's happening at home. Thanks for the photos guys!

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBuildings2020 View Post
I agree, I am not currently in Boise (in College in Moscow) and I love being able to check in on what's happening at home. Thanks for the photos guys!
That makes 2 of us!

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 5:57 PM
I like Highrises & GD

Thank you Sawtooth for posting all the pictures. Without your pictures, the Boise forum would not be nearly as active.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 9:04 PM

Always grateful for the photos Sawtooth shares with us here. The Boise thread is consistently constructive and kind. You all are the best, and these are exciting times for new developments in the city!

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
It appears, per Sawtooth's photos of that construction site that they are moving along and the crane will probably go up soon.

I was told a few months ago from a friend of mine who knows the owners of Seide Crane Inc. was quoted as saying that the crane to be going up at ICCU job site is a brand new ( to the company ) 250' tall crane and should be rising mid May or sooner weather permitting , i'm hoping by next week seems like all the deep pilings are finished , then soon St.Lukes new addition should probably have two huge cranes , as well as the New YMCA/senior housing apartment /office buildings exciting times for our beautiful city rising like no other times in our lives , the defunct , scraped Boise tower , the downtown mall that was once proposed wouldn't that of been a mess back in the early 70's to the 80's good greif !!

Old Posted May 2, 2024, 4:13 PM

https://www.wired.com/story/tech-jobs-boise-idaho/

BUSINESSJAN 17, 2024 7:00 AM
Why Tech Workers Are Ditching Big Cities for Boise
Idaho’s capital city is seeing an influx of young people as they apply for tech jobs away from big coastal cities amid massive layoffs and a disillusion with Big Tech.

Quote:
Boise’s population has grown to 235,000 people, up 30,000 since 2010. A 2022 report found that Idaho had the second largest increase in tech jobs of any US state. With more affordable living costs, Boise is drawing tech workers who want a blend of nature, city life, and work-life balance alongside stability and opportunity.

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 5:29 AM

Growing Boise

Downtown Boise view with growing skyline. Building boom along 11th & 12th streets is beautiful, and is not over. Arthur Apartments on 12th & Idaho, and 11th & Idaho office building and Boise Plaza (Boise Cascade} are three well designed buildings.

Last edited by Architecture Design; May 5, 2024 at 5:40 AM.

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 9:55 AM

Fun fact, the Boise Plaza building was designed by Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill architecture firm. This is the same firm that designed the Sears tower in Chicago, the 1 World Trade center in NYC, and the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, among countless other famous projects. Although our tiny building is not as impressive, I still think it's cool to have such a renowned architecture firm involved in our cityscape. That being said, the Boise Plaza is rather fascinating, definitely recommend looking at pictures of the interior for those who are unfamiliar with it!

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Onions View Post
Fun fact, the Boise Plaza building was designed by Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill architecture firm. This is the same firm that designed the Sears tower in Chicago, the 1 World Trade center in NYC, and the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, among countless other famous projects. Although our tiny building is not as impressive, I still think it's cool to have such a renowned architecture firm involved in our cityscape. That being said, the Boise Plaza is rather fascinating, definitely recommend looking at pictures of the interior for those who are unfamiliar with it!
Totally agree this SOM ( Skidmore , Owen's ,Merrill ) building May look like a big box 8 storey building , but once inside your like WOW !!! So futuristic from the beautiful inside foyer with live trees and cylindrical eleavator's and open 4 sided upper floors to view from the ground floor and a glass roof to let in natural light for the plants and trees it is absuletly beautiful ! I can see this building in a huge metropolis city such as Downtown NYC , San francisco , Etc.. but we should be proud that a SOM pretigous Architecture firm was appointed to build the World Headquarters for Boise Cascade , I personally say if you are wandering downtown and are a architecture GURU or a historian in Boise's building's please take the time and visit it it's open to the public , just as the Empire buiding 10th & Idaho built in 1929 or so it's a beatiful building a few shops on the ground floor but the inside foyer is absulutly beautiful especially the Mosaic tile flooring to the statues and beautiful painted murals , Boise is Beautiful and full of History and many of it's historic and sub modern building's are deffinetly worth the time to discover

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:37 AM

Yes! I totally agree with the comments above about the Boise Plaza. I was able to work in the building quite a few years ago and I couldn't believe it when I walked in. It was totally unexpected. It's a really cool design. As SkyBoi mentioned, if you're out and about downtown, swing through the building. I'm pretty sure you can at least explore the lobby.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:29 PM

Back in my IPC days, they had leased a couple floors of Boise Plaza for departments I worked with, so was always happy to head over there for any meetings. The atrium was a pleasant place, nice open meeting rooms. And the cafeteria they had in the building had good food!

Old Posted Today, 12:17 AM
I like Highrises & GD

Does anybody have recent (in the last 3 days) images of the AC/Element hotel construction?

Old Posted Today, 5:19 PM

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...rod.fire.glass

A big donor’s name will go on Boise’s Downtown YMCA as part of a 2½-block, $200M project
BY NICK ROSENBERGER UPDATED APRIL 30, 2024 1:40 PM
Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...#storylink=cpy

Quote:
Pieces are moving into place for one of the largest and costliest developments in the history of downtown Boise. The nearly $200 million redevelopment would reshape almost three city blocks south of Boise High School along State Street with five buildings that include a new Downtown Boise YMCA, over 400 apartments and roughly 30,000 square feet of commercial space. The Y will add a major donor’s name to its new building, too.
Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...#storylink=cpy

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West