HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 6:45 PM

The interiors are pretty cool, but the seams on the exterior are kinda ugly. When this building gets dirty it could be pretty gross. I like the multi-tired crown tho.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris22 View Post
The interiors are pretty cool, but the seams on the exterior are kinda ugly. When this building gets dirty it could be pretty gross. I like the multi-tired crown tho.
Is that an issue with the Commons and the Buhler next door?

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post
Is that an issue with the Commons and the Buhler next door?
I can't comment on those two buildings because I can't recall, but I've lived in buildings downtown that ended up showing streaks from all the dust and dirt blowing on them and then rain dripping down. Things like seams tend to collect dirt. But this is all just a matter of cleaning/maintenance.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2020, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
what the fuckery is this shit? is that styrofoam?... was the budget for this building a kid's allowance?
I agree with you 90%.

Pros: densification
negs: yeah, what you said.
Also, this is on a section of about 8 acres, and every building in that section is grey or white. You won't even see it in a Winnipeg winter!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 4:01 PM

I think the shape and use of windows is really interesting but based on the pictures I really don't like the exterior finish. I'll have to take a look in person to pass final judgement though.

I usually like industrial style lofts but there's just too much white in these. Just a bit of light grey or something on the trim and cabinets would have been good imo.
Small stain

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 4:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for these type of developments. Just the finish is not ideal. Hopefully it holds up over time and does not look like compete crap in 5 years.
Just as bad on the inside as it is on the outside, display suite looks like squatters had take up residence in an unfinished building!

Last edited by rrskylar; Sep 9, 2020 at 4:53 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 4:54 PM

The pros of having the exposed concrete ceiling is you get the extra height. The con being the exposed duct work. The plumbing, electrical etc is hidden away so that's decent. The exposed concrete walls don't have the same effect as exposed brick would. So kind of meh in my eyes too.

otherwise everything that is finished looks good.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 11:08 PM

I can understand how some people like to see exposed concrete in the living room. But putting it right behind the bed in the bedroom? That's just such a weird look. Sort of gives off a prison cell vibe to me. And I'm not usually picky about rooms, but I couldn't handle that...

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:05 AM

how has nobody commented on the floor-to-knee-height window?

i wonder if this is a wall that faces out to another wall (i.e., it's a way of letting in light without having privacy or ugly-view issues?)

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post

i wonder if this is a wall that faces out to another wall (i.e., it's a way of letting in light without having privacy or ugly-view issues?)
Great location for house plants in large planters on the floor.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 11:44 AM
Starring as himself

Very odd to have the stove right next to the front door. Looks dangerous if someone happens to walk in while you’re taking something hot out of the oven or off the stove.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Very odd to have the stove right next to the front door. Looks dangerous if someone happens to walk in while you’re taking something hot out of the oven or off the stove.
Ya its awkward, but I don't know anyone who lives in an apartment and doesn't keep the door locked.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 6:50 PM

The interior looks very nice, the CRU as well, and I actually really like the exterior design of the building – but the exterior execution and materials look atrocious and unfinished. It looks like cardboard.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 3:51 PM

Overall I like the interior and I think like a lot of these demo suites they should look better once people have moved in and its not all Ikea items (nothing against Ikea tbh tho). They seem a bit cold right now because its done by a designer maximizing the space or whatever interior design people do to make new residences appealing. Concrete mostly works to me though I'd be buying a hammer drill ASAP to be able to utilize some of that space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post

Took me a second look to notice them. I can't imagine it would be privacy issue (i mean people can still see quite a bit?) - and would seem like a horribly obvious attempt to hide ugly views ? You could be right but it is the one puzzling thing about the design. Unique - but not sure I fully get it outside of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Yeah that actually a bit concerning.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 3:53 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

I mean, the designs can be polarizing. Some will love the concrete walls, some will hate it. Some will love the difference in floor plans and window placements, some would rather bleach their eyes.

The interior looks great, but the giant slabs of concrete walls, I'll have to let that marinate for a bit. I do like the overall idea behind the complex. Kind of refreshing architects can take a risk for even the simplest of designs.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 3:54 AM

After review of the inside and outside photos of 290 Colony (thanks to everyone who posted photos) I have given the following scores.
EXTERIOR: 4/10
INSIDE: 6/10

I think most of us can agree it's better than the parking lot that preceded it.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 1:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hired_goons View Post
After review of the inside and outside photos of 290 Colony (thanks to everyone who posted photos) I have given the following scores.
EXTERIOR: 4/10
INSIDE: 6/10

I think most of us can agree it's better than the parking lot that preceded it.
I think its worth taking a look at the outside in person before passing final judgement. The pictures make it look a lot worse than it is In my oppinion.
Small stain

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam_well View Post
I think its worth taking a look at the outside in person before passing final judgement. The pictures make it look a lot worse than it is In my oppinion.
I think the opposite. I really like the actual design and windows, but when you get up close and see how poor the craftsmanship is, it looks way worse. The finish looks like wallpaper that's old and already peeling off.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I think the opposite. I really like the actual design and windows, but when you get up close and see how poor the craftsmanship is, it looks way worse. The finish looks like wallpaper that's old and already peeling off.
To be fair I haven't seen it up close, only driving past on Memorial so I'll take your word
Small stain

Old Posted Dec 30, 2020, 2:33 PM

Someone left a scathing review on reddit about Muse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/co...290_colony_st/

-Noisy
-Weird Heat/vent setup
-security/key fob issues
-rude staff (although 9/10 it's a Karen that makes these complaints)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan