HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 16, 2009, 6:00 PM

Beasley Lofts | ? | 12 fl | Proposed

134 Mary Street/134 Cannon Street

New Condo

A friend of mine on the Fire Department was at this address on the weekend for what turned out to be a broken sprinkler pipe. This was, I believe the Cannon Knitting Mills Limited. It has been vacated and cleaned out. I believe they moved to Scarborough

The building is for sale for $799,000 by DTZ Barnicke Limited and here is part of the description from the MLS web site. “Textile Mfg. building on the South/East corner of Cannon & Mary Street. 3 levels of approximately 110,000 sf total. Built in approximately 1860 & always used as a textile factory.”

When the property manager showed up they found out that the building has been sold to a Toronto company who is planning to turn it in to condos. They have completed an internal environmental study and found no problems. They are awaiting and external environmental study before closing the deal.

Interesting was when I checked the address in Google Earth, it has Mary Street lined up with truck taking all of the equipment out of the building.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton