HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 3:11 AM

2011-2012 London Knights Discussion

Well, c'mon, we have the best junior team in the country again, one that could go far, and yet, no one seems to talk about it on here.

The Knights are one of the biggest things in London, and hopefully we can have some discussion.

I go to games occasionally, managed to go to Kitchener last week to see them lose to the Rangers in a shootout. JLC is a fantastic rink to watch a game in. Either way, GO KNIGHTS GO!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 12:57 PM

I have season tickets, have since the JLC was built . Win or lose always a big Knights supporter.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 5:52 PM
User Registered

http://www.londonknights.com/schedule/year/2012/8

Just look at those attendance numbers, home and away. Either London's a spoiled brat when it comes to their huge fan base, or the other teams are really neglected.

$15 a ticket, beer that fills from the bottom (perfect pour) and awesome 'x-treme' nachos = a fun fun time win or lose!

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 12:31 PM

It's quite amazing that they sell out (or usually very close) even mid week games. I absolutely love the atmosphere there...as opposed to the Mississauga game they played last week the stands were empty. Two of the top teams in the OHL and no one shows up in Mississauga what the heck?

Go Knights!!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 5:56 PM

I was hoping to go tonight to see Perry get his number retired, but it looks like the place is sold out for tonight.

Incredible how the team is still getting almost 9000 fans per game. That's been happening for almost 10 years now. I know they expected to shut down the upper deck for Knights games and cap the rink at 6000 or so. However, they're the #1 attended junior hockey team in North America. Incredible isn't it?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 5:46 PM

Somehow Rupert only got 5 games for that slash. I totally was expecting between 10 - 20 games on that...

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 7:10 PM

I thought he was gonna be the book thrown at him too! In hindsight though the slash was to the body (although isn't great) rather than the head where all the major suspensions have been to.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 9:17 PM

Apparently the league only gave him 5 games because of how Cousins was playing the game. Refs gave him a few warnings about his style of play that game. The lack os suspension is just as much of a lack of sympathy for Cousins as it is discipling Rupert

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 2:06 AM

Off to Overtime in the Memorial Cup! Knights/Shawinigan going to sudden death to win the national title.

Go Knights!

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 1:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

boo hoo hoo.

Quote:
SHAWINIGAN, Que. — Anton Zlobin scored his second goal of the game 17:51 into overtime to lift the Shawinigan Cataractes to their first MasterCard Memorial Cup title with a 2-1 victory over the London Knights on Sunday night.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...#ixzz1wAlYGEF5

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 3:23 PM
User Registered

Yeah I saw it... less than 2 mins to go in OT.

Both teams were dead tired. The knights looked especially tired, was hoping they could survive till the end of OT so they could rest up for double OT.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted May 28, 2012, 3:36 PM

The Knights can be incredibly proud of themselves. They're filled with 17 year olds, while Shawinigan and most other Memorial Cup teams were built for this year and will be losing a significant number of players due to overagers next year.

The Knights really could have a team next year and in 2014 potentially rivalling the 2005 team if they keep this up. Domi has 2 years left, the Rupert brothers have 1-2 years left.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 1:39 PM
The Vomit Bag.

terrible headlines in LFP.

Knightmare Ending.

WTF? More like a dream run.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 3:24 PM
User Registered

Leave it up to the highly respected Sun News Company to come up with such a brilliant title regarding the Knight's nail-biting championship run.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
terrible headlines in LFP.

Knightmare Ending.

WTF? More like a dream run.
Exactly. Crap, we're the 2nd best team in the league, arguably #1 since Shawinigan had had a month to rest and get ready for the Memorial Cup since being eliminated.

Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed of. Congratulations London. You'll be hopefully just as dominate next year and the year after.

One goal, one shot away from winning the whole thing. That's nothing to be ashamed of. No one expected the Knights to compete this far any way.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 9:08 PM

Good season for the Knights, they should be the Memorial cup champs!

That overtime period there were such blatant, non-penalty calls against the Knights by the (Quebec based) refs. At one point a Knight had been blatantly high-sticked and the Shawinagan players stick was stick in the ear flap of his helmet.

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 1:54 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpmasterdac View Post
Good season for the Knights, they should be the Memorial cup champs!

That overtime period there were such blatant, non-penalty calls against the Knights by the (Quebec based) refs. At one point a Knight had been blatantly high-sticked and the Shawinagan players stick was stick in the ear flap of his helmet.
Hmmm. The two refs were Jonathan Langille from Nova Scotia and Sean Reid from Ontario. Just in case you were wondering Langille is a French Huguenot name that you find in Nova Scotia. The Langilles have been English speaking since the late 1700s.

Better luck next time!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation