HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Feb 14, 2020, 1:36 PM

$13M will likely purchase the Market Tower as it is sitting empty now. City Hall annex would solve their space problems for decades to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
So it looks like the city is going ahead with this idea, passing the inclusion of $13million in this 4 year budget for consulting and planning, and earmarking the $125.5 million for the next budget to build it. A number I can only assume is a starting point. Wonder if this will be an issue in the 2022 election as we are going to be in the middle of the biggest tax hike this city has had in decades by that point.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2020, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallerIsBetter View Post
There was a nicely made video that was on the LFP site that showed renderings of some of the proposed buildings around Victoria Park.

In Reg Cooper Square, there appeared to be a pair of boxy office-y towers, about 20 & 25 floors, with the current City Hall structure still in place.

I have no idea who made that (but it was very slick) and it did look great will all the buildings around the green space - can't help but wonder if the two Reg Cooper towers were actually someone's vision of the new City Hall. Lots of room to grow government, which is the the second goal of the bureaucracy (after the first goal of protecting the bureaucracy), so the new Manager of Bicycles, Director of Trees, VP of Planet Temperature Control, etc., can all have lots of space for all the woke that the 4% tax increases will pay for. :^)
I'd have to go back and look at the video again, but my initial thought was that was a new building where Centennial Hall is as well as another one on the parking lot to the north of the Hall. I agree that the video was nicely done and made Wellington look really nice with those buildings there. I do think the people immediately to the east would have a problem with those kinds of heights right there though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates