HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I guess all us older fogies are switching to XM/Sirius and/or just streaming and/or playing tunes off of the ipod.

I loathe today's "music".
There's still some good rock coming out, such as from The Sheepdogs and Foster the People.

Most of the other music coming out today is corporate music that I have no time for.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 6:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Black-eyed peas, katy perry, nickelback, all hip-hop and techno music, and most everything else nowadays: sucks to the nth degree.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2012, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Black-eyed peas, katy perry, nickelback, all hip-hop and techno music, and most everything else nowadays: sucks to the nth degree.
Agreed. Gimme my Gordon Lightfoot, my Rush, and Loreena McKennitt any day of the week! *sigh* They're just not making music anymore like they used to, are they?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 3:00 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
I disagree. Give me my Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Tegan and Sara, Florence and the Machine, Matthew Good and Kings of Leon. Great music still exists, just as it always has, and always will.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2012, 3:16 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^to each his own. Personally I will take the 70s over anything, followed by the 60s, 80s, 90s. I can barely identify 5 songs since 2000 that I really enjoy. I can't stand synthetic, auto-tune, mindless cRap/Hip-Hop (yo-yo bitch crap everything sux alienation attitude wassup fuk da police pants on the ground) and Techno (esp. with the extreme accelerating drum that seems to crop up in almost every song. Techno versions of yesteryear chart favorites are a particularly evil sin).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation